Writing Ideas for cool superpowers?

RayVer

panty flicker ability
1614019732127.jpeg

Sylverius

Old name: Sylphias
Am in the middle of writing a superhero webnovel, any ideas for cool powers?
Note: no "destroy the world" type powers, unless they're creative/ unexpected, please.

I already have mind controlers, precogs, hive minds, teleporters, teleported that explode, a guy who turns anything he touches into a living jigsaw puzzle (even things that weren't alive beforehand), another guy who can only make cyborg spiders, and needed to collect brain tissue from an unborn child to do so (he's a hero, btw), and a lesbian goth unicorn who shoots cancer rays from her horn. So, I think i've got the bases covered.
Hmm, for me? The power of pure analysis. I think it sounds boring, but basically, they have the ability to see ALL the best decisions of one situation. For example, you can't beat a strong guy by brute force, your ability tells you to hit these specific parts to check any weaknesses. Once you find out the weaknesses (if there are any), the ability will create scenes and then show you what to do after you or the enemy does the things in the scene created. If the enemy has no weakness and he can't be defeated, it will create the best solution for you to escape. When something is different from the situation shown to the situation at present, it will recreate another scene that fits that. Basically, an algorithm. Confused? Me too :blobrofl:

thewierdestwriter

Would be good against cameras, as if you extend it to be when no one is searching for you, it becomes a stealth enhancement without making sneaking obsolete!
The ability to be completely invisible and undetectable. . . only when no one is looking.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Would be good against cameras, as if you extend it to be when no one is searching for you, it becomes a stealth enhancement without making sneaking obsolete!
That would be sooooooo risky. If someone was on the other end of the camera looking (like all those tv shows with guard stations and the one guy watching 20 monitors), then you wouldn't be invisible. Walking in front of a camera would be a massive risk.

thewierdestwriter

That would be sooooooo risky. If someone was on the other end of the camera looking (like all those tv shows with guard stations and the one guy watching 20 monitors), then you wouldn't be invisible. Walking in front of a camera would be a massive risk.
Would it really count as looking at them, though? Wouldn't they just be looking at a a camera screen pointed at invisible space?

lJeDl

Like the frame, but seems a little too limited. Maybe the ability to make a person experience said sensation upon hearing the question?

"Hey, do you know what it feels like to have your leg impaled? How about with a fork? A red-hot iron rod?"
Hmm... would definitely be interesting...

Spica66

Blood rush: for blade/knife user mercenary/contract killer vibe.

- Controls blood flow but restricted to increasing blood pressure and flow rate (else it would be OP)
- Be able to control target blood flow in close range. (Make the opponent wound become a fountain depending on the wound size)
- Can cause heart attack to the target if touch the target long enough.
- Buff/debuff with hypertension.

Temporal Perception:

Knows everything that happened to time in current timeline whenever if someone/something rewind, stop, or fast forward. Okabe 2.0
Pair with time ability user as a support or make them enemy.

Last edited:

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Would it really count as looking at them, though? Wouldn't they just be looking at a a camera screen pointed at invisible space?
It would be a fun idea to explore then. It'd be the point in the story where the MC has figure out how to use their powers. They have to let a friend in on it and have them watch through a camera to see if it works.

If you went down the path where a camera still makes you invisible, there's a ton you could do with that. Then mirrors wouldn't work either. Their secret base could be in a house of mirrors.

Spica66

My idea of invisibility on OP side would be photon manipulation: optical camo, illusion, and lasers.

D

Deleted member 45782

Being able to craft snot and boogers into indestructible weapons. Like shields, sledgehammers, laser beaming weapons...