Writing Prompt If we exist on an island of ignorance surrounded by a sea of the unknown. Who would venture out, who will stay, and what exists in that sea?

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
Ignorance = happiness. Might be crazy to hear, but it is true. Ignorance leads people to ignore issues and what better way to live than to be unaware of the burning world. Living without problems or issues now is the way. Thus, I would probably stay on the island. Being enlightened comes with many problems to solve and I honestly can't care enough to find out what they are. :blob_hide:

Okay

The Bored but Lazy
Survive and explore! Satisfy my curiosity or I’ll probably be wondering about the outside world for the rest of my existence.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
The sea is made out of the blood of countless people such as yourself, who set out to explore it only to fail and drown in the corpses of their predecessors. Perhaps there is something beyond the horizon, but the human body isn't capable of reaching it, so one can only gaze and wonder, only sometimes gasping its elusive, ever-changing form.

The human brain is a device that allows a person to grasp the immaterial beyond. However, the human brain is a material, physical device, which ironically enough permanently grounds a person to the material world. Discarding brain in other to breach this gap would not lead one towards that beyond, but plummet down the abyss to join the countless corpses of its predecessors who attempted to do the same.

Thus human is part god part animal. Capable of perceiving the divine, but forever barred from reaching it, anchored to its animal-like body.

edit: trust me, I did a lot of drugs

Why would you go out to sea and explore when there are krakens everywhere out at sea. They would eat my ship for dinner. Its much better were I can stay face on the island and be ignorant of the dangerous world outside. than it be foolhardy to be wise and end up as dessert for a kraken.