If You Can See the Future?

Oreo

You were having a bad week at work. Your boss noticed this and dismissed you until you get better.

You decided to travel to Egypt, spending your vacation being depressed there.

While walking in a dim-lit backalley somewhere near the tomb of Pharaoh Gebrankhamun, you encountered a peculiar stranger.

The stranger plucked your eyes out and replaced them with artificial constructs that let you see the future, but only your future.

It was some kind of mystic eyes that could reveal the consequence of one's action. Through it, you saw most of the things you do would result in failure.

Knowing what the future held, would you still do the same action expecting different result? Would you abandon it realising it was a waste of time?

Nihilism

You were having a bad week at work. Your boss noticed this and dismissed you until you get better.

While walking in a dim-lit backalley somewhere near the tomb of Pharaoh Gebrankhamun, you encountered a peculiar stranger.

The stranger plucked your eyes out and replaced them with artificial constructs that let you see the future, but only your future.

It was some kind of mystic eyes that could reveal the consequence of one's action. Through it, you saw most of the things you do would result in failure.

Knowing what the future held, would you still do the same action expecting different result? Would you abandon it realising it was a waste of time?
Ah, yes insanity! Expecting different results even if they all end in failure! The logical pessimistic person wouldn't do Anything because it's a waste of time! While a emotional optimistic person would keep hope! Be aware that there's different forms of insanity! Such as the innocent insanity!

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.

I will try to destroy the world, inevitably saving it lol.

Moving on, I will still continue on with my life; being a barnicle scum. Because with or without the mystic eyes, life goes on.

Lose that loser mindset and get on with the grindset, man.

Viator

Wandering Moon that conceals the tide
It would be a bad idea to avoid failure. You don't learn from success near as well. For the most part, no it wouldn't change my actions too much on account of cumulative failure culminates resiliency and success in the long run. It highly depends not only on how far out you see, but also what you see in comparison to your goals and values. So I may try to change some things if I judge failure wouldn't help at all, but for the most part, I trust that only in weathering through failure, do you find true success.

D

Deleted member 57675

At first i thought you were meaning Moon Knight...

Agentt

Thighs
Wouldn't this be perfect for flirting and seeing which girls are bitches?

D

Deleted member 57675

You wanted to meet Moon Knight? You wouldn't say that after you had all of your organs removed.
Ofc not. Was referring to your first few paragraphs. Instantly thought of moonknight.

Don't ask how i connect strange things. Sometimes the mind is a strange place.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
If I could see my future, I'd play the lottery and repeat it over and over again until I win. There is only so many combinations there can be.

Jailbreak571

Former CEO of Kamazon. Active lurker
I don't want to go to Egypt
But if that were to happen then I'll just continue my life may be trying to avoid some big tragedies that may or may not happen. I maybe can't stop some tragedies like cancer and such so having to see your future maybe will be just a burden rather than a blessing.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I don't wanna be rude but considering I might have a superior precognition(since I traded my braincells to predict not only my death path, other's future and how I can slowly gain intelligence through instinct alone), I probably won't trade another foresight ability just to see my own future.

Well, It sometime be a hit or miss considering that this is basically honed through the secret techniques of the Blade family and it doesn't only have precognition alone but also possessing a target's current location foresight but why do I want to own a inferior version of my skill that doesn't help predict when those closest to me die or forsee my own downfall because I only focus on my own future and not others.

Well, it doesn't help that I don't even have any reason to visit egypt unless I get kidnapped of recruited in a terrorist organization than even remotely heading there at all.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Discount_Blade can use this too?
Hmn...depends.

The requirements must be met to even aquire this technique such as...

- Having Low Intelligence
- Must be a Protagonist at some point(Optional?)
- High Mental Strength
- Bad Luck( Negative Luck?)
- Has Enlightenment before 15

Through I don't know if the ancestors even pass some of it to their generations since I discovered mine through enlightenment and met one of my ancestors. The two optional case was something my ancestors told since it only increases the likelihood to gain such skill.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I would choose my actions carefully.

Vaxel00

According to the uncertainty principle, just the fact that you can see the future means that it's certain it would happen. It would be meaningless to change something that's set in stone.

It called "collapsing the particle" in which a phenomenon acquires its characteristics the moment its observed.

Esper

It is really dependent on what happens in those futures.

If it gains for more than myself, then very likely I would not try to change it
Gains for only me, I would consider it so long as it hurt no one.
Gains for no one. Maybe? it really depends on stuff like the below implications.
Hurts a singular entity that isn't me. Yes, I don't really want to hurt people by my actions, especially if it is solely hurting someone.
Hurts a singular entity, not me, and I gain something. Very likely, for above reasoning
(above set hurt state), I and friends/family gain something. This depends if it is helping my family and if they would grow angered with my actions, yes if I know it won't hurt family or friends or people that are helpless.
Hurts a group, that does not include me, Gains for me. yes, very much so yes, especially if I can help those people
(Above hurt state), I and family/friends gain something. Again it really would depend on how I hurt and why I do it. It may seem strange but I care far more for my family and friends then for myself.

Mephi

SakeVision has the right of it. If you can see your future, but every future you see as a result with a failure... then you just go with the opposite. Even if your future is then set in stone. "I forsee that the bet I made on the Mets will fail." So, you make a bet on the Mets... but a far larger one on their opponent. End result? You win.

This is what's known as Cursed with Awesomeness. You've been Cursed! Oh no! But clever applications of the curse mean you actually have a superpower! Oh yay!