Illegal or Legal.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
the skin is still yours, but you might lose a big sum of money

SailusGebel

You paid for the tattoo.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Honestly it depends on your country. If you’re living Lithuania I doubt your government would care. It also may be important to note the size of an artists. Artists aren’t really rolling in it so unless your tattoo gets you in trouble with Disney or the Stan Lee estate or something like that it’s a good chance a freelance internet artists would not have the capital do anything against it. There is also wether or not it is moral to take someone’s artwork and do that, but that would be up to you.

tiaf

It depends on the artist. They have the right to sue you for using their art without permission. But a lawsuit might only happen if you flaunt it on the internet and make money with it.

Last edited:

Agentt

Thighs
It depends on the artist. They have the right to sue you for using their without permission. But a lawsuit might only happen if you flaunt it on the internet and make money with it.
I believe in this case the fault would lie more towards the tattoo maker, or whatever they are called, rather than the customer.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
If I copy a sick artwork from my favourite artist and tattooed it onto my skin then showcase my body to the world. Does this violate copyright laws, does the tattooed part of my skin now belongs to the artists?
If you sell your skin, then yes, it violates copyright laws. If you're not selling it, it is considered personal use and although it still violates copyright laws (depending on the laws of your country), there is no claim to be brought forward. After all, what damages does he want to claim from your body?

It would be different however, if you were to go on social media and claim the art is your own and charges people money for pictures taken of that tattoo.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
It's not illegal unless if you sell the skin that the tattoo is on and the tattoo itself has been copyrighted.

tiaf

I believe in this case the fault would lie more towards the tattoo maker, or whatever they are called, rather than the customer.
according to my country, tattoo artists can sue their clients if they post their tattoo online ( if the TA did the design)

Theoretically. It depends on the copyright owner (and how petty and big their poach is).

I think tattoo artists will get written assurance/back up in this case.

Redemit

I'd say it would fall under fair use as you are changing it enough to make it different from the original work also unless you are trying to make money from it or saying it's your own creation it's still fair game

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
I think it counts as fair use as it’s technically a transformative form of art. The medium is different. It probably really comes down to an aritist proving that the tattoo in some way negatively affected their work causing damages to them in some form. But if anything they’re getting a walking free advertisement for their work. They’d be gaining free publicity/adspace in the real world if anything.

Last edited:

Amok

grblbrbl
nah, do whataver. its not like the guberment's gonna flay u