I'm Looking for a Volunteer Artist

Nneeil

If you can spare 20-30 dollars (even less actually) you can hire a decent artist on Fiverr.

D

Deleted member 54065

Would give you a cover, but my tablet is broken so...

Agentt

Thighs
I am afraid that for free you will only get something which was made in MS paint

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I'm waiting for that one guy with an MS Paint cover to show up. Do me proud.

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
I'm waiting for that one guy with an MS Paint cover to show up. Do me proud.
I got you bro

Untitled.jpg

It does take time and planning to make a cover. I usually build them up when the author gives me the freedom to build whatever I want. Udullyy I don't charge new authors, especially if they are still studying.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
This reminds of that one time my mother demanded I do the cover art for my sister's (trad pub) poetry book. She really thought a credit on the book would be payment enough. No thanks. Art takes time, materials, thought, effort...soooo not interested in a small-print mention on the inside back cover lol
and those fiverr artists who are wanting £30-£40 for a cover are probs doing it in canva or bookbrush or summat. If you have the money spare then fair dos I guess.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I missed the spectacle :blob_teary:

Also to OP, instead of thinking about a cover, creating a stockpile should take priority. Nobody will look at the cover if there aren’t updates.

beast_regards

AI-generated pictures are your only hope :)
I am not an artist, but I am very curious about what exactly you want on the "anime cover" that offended everyone so much. Because AI generator can do something like this and adding title is quite easy

1659815791108.png

Last edited:

tiaf

AI-generated pictures are your only hope :)
I am not an artist, but I am very curious about what exactly you want on the "anime cover" that offended everyone so much. Because AI generator can do something like this and adding title is quite easy

View attachment 14845
It's because in the past there were some entitled request for free art that quickly became a train of ms paint memes... Alone in this forum are a few threads dedicated to free cover possibilities (giving links to stock sites, providing photos) so jumping ahead and requesting a stranger for something instead of simple searching is a bit frowned upon.

AI only takes a few minutes at most to create an anime piece, while requesting an artist also includes the time they had spent on learning/improving their craft. To make remotely decent anime art will take a lot of effort and resources. Free art still needs some standard, y'know. *sarcasm*

Take your AI example. Someone with some experience will take about 10-30 minutes for the sketch, 15-30 min for lineart, another 60 min for rendering and maybe special effect, then when the art is finished another 30 min to fiddle with the typeset of the book title. All in all 2 hours for a simple headshot, that is when the artist has a very clear vision and doesn't have to do many revisions. Now take away those 10 years of experience and honed skills and the piece will take triple the time. Cause a newbie will draw an eye and will have a mental breakdown because the other eye always seems out of place even after redrawing it the 20th time. Those 6 hours would be spanned over a couple of days and irl is a beeech so the duration to finish that piece will be a week, two weeks. If you're dedicated and not a procrastinating pig.

It's a bit tactless to ask that when not even the main story is written. Who knows if OP will make it past the prologue? No offense meant, but writing is also a craft that needs a lot investment that not everyone has/can spare beside irl.

P.S. This thread is relatively civil, there hasn't been outright mocking insults unlike the first thread that literally called upon a shitstorm on OP.

P.P.S. waiting for more MS covers :blob_reach:

beast_regards

I see. You are a professional artist and you make living by making art - you can't do free art because if you did, you would be out of business as everyone else would ask for the freebie, and not for a paid option. I understand. It's bad for business.
Why take offence when someone asks? Isn't it better to simply not react at all? It's not like they asked you to the face, IRL, and you had to refuse.

tiaf

I see. You are a professional artist and you make living by making art - you can't do free art because if you did, you would be out of business as everyone else would ask for the freebie, and not for a paid option. I understand. It's bad for business.
Why take offence when someone asks? Isn't it better to simply not react at all? It's not like they asked you to the face, IRL, and you had to refuse.
Didn't most people simply gave OP a prognose of how the request will end? If people have their own thoughts about it then they are free to voice out their opinion. ╮(╯_╰)╭

SailusGebel

Why take offence when someone asks? Isn't it better to simply not react at all?
It is better. However, sometimes people want to make fun of free requests. Moreover, if you combine it with the fact that, for some reason, people value art more, you end up with this.

D

Deleted member 54065

Didn't most people simply gave OP a prognose of how the request will end? If people have their own thoughts about it then they are free to voice out their opinion. ╮(╯_╰)╭
I'm used to giving free cover art to anyone who needs it (and free art as well), but there are times that the request is so brazen it's kind of insulting.

In any case, while I have no problem in threads like these, the requester sometimes need to realize their request isn't something easy to do, hence, @tiaf 's reaction.

Like that one time I gave a free cover art I did myself. Not only the story ended up getting dropped, the requester got so brazen, he requested for another one from me...for free.

Last edited by a moderator: