I'm new and I have a question

Cheesylollipop

I have been seeing the name 'rob' in web novels like 'oni in MHA' and another new one I forgot the title. I want to understand what this means, but if it doesn't mean anything at all that's also fine

SailusGebel

I have been seeing the name 'rob' in web novels like 'oni in MHA' and another new one I forgot the title. I want to understand what this means, but if it doesn't mean anything at all that's also fine
MHA is My Hero academia. Oni is a Japanese yokai. It means that this work is fanfiction in the My hero Academia setting.

Cheesylollipop

I found the other webnovel so the title is Travel to Another World because ROB asked me. and Oni in MHA, both have the name ROB or is that a thing? a slang? a fking God? can someone please tell me what it means?
ROB is probably some fancy abbreviation for god or something like this.
i was thinking the same thing, but in between chapters (i forgot which one) it seems to signify something else?
i'll just think of it as a God then, thanks for answering my question @SailusGebel
I have asked one of the authors and it means 'ROB (Random Omnipotent Being)'

Last edited:

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
R.O.B is basically a plot device used to send MCs into other worlds with some (usually) OP powers, some writing forums and reddit use it as a convenient term to enact a scenario, like truck-kun.

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
A ROB took my shit and now I’m living under a bridge with a evil god

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
I found the other webnovel so the title is Travel to Another World because ROB asked me. and Oni in MHA, both have the name ROB or is that a thing? a slang? a fking God? can someone please tell me what it means?

i was thinking the same thing, but in between chapters (i forgot which one) it seems to signify something else?
i'll just think of it as a God then, thanks for answering my question @SailusGebel
I have asked one of the authors and it means 'ROB (Random Omnipotent Being)'
My best bet would be to go to UrbanDictionary.com. I personally am not doing this because my work computer's search history shall not be tainted.