Writing I'm new to the site. Can someone explain the glossary to me.

H0LL0W

So, do I just update terms in it? Like character bios? Can I put worldbuilding facts? I already uploaded a separate worldbuilding series.
Can I put pictures? I've never used a glossary before. What do you guys use your glossaries for? What are the pros and cons of it?

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
Yeah, you can do all of that. You can also organize the categories of the glossary. (it took me a while to figure it out tho)... I'm mostly using it for character bios and general information about the places my MC has visited.

You can also put pictures, but you need to use imgur or any image hosting sites.

Pro, you and your readers don't need to go back to see previously mentioned information.

Cons, it might become messy if you have too many characters.

H0LL0W

Yeah, you can do all of that. You can also organize the categories of the glossary. (it took me a while to figure it out tho)... I'm mostly using it for character bios and general information about the places my MC has visited.

You can also put pictures, but you need to use imgur or any image hosting sites.

Pro, you and your readers don't need to go back to see previously mentioned information.

Cons, it might become messy if you have too many characters.
Yeah, my story has hundreds of characters and 200+ chapters.
Might as well add it as I go...
*sighs*

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
Yeah, my story has hundreds of characters and 200+ chapters.
Might as well add it as I go...
*sighs*
Yeah, I update my glossary the days where I'm not supposed to upload any chapters. See if that works out for ya.

BackWoodsJ_ACK

Birbs, dog, and burbers
I don't bother with it much after finding out there was a character privacy limit (6000 characters I think).

How else am I supposed to show off my characters if I can't shamelessly go in depth about their personal life and info?

H0LL0W

Grrr. Damn you authors who can write so many chapters with so many charcaters.
Stephen King can suck it. I don't need cocaine to write 700 pages in a month.
I don't bother with it much after finding out there was a character privacy limit (6000 characters I think).

How else am I supposed to show off my characters if I can't shamelessly go in depth about their personal life and info?
Honestly, I tried putting the character bio for my MC, and it was basic stuff but it didn't fit. I cut it 100 characters under and it still didn't show in the glossary. I'm super upset :(

BackWoodsJ_ACK

Birbs, dog, and burbers
Stephen King can suck it. I don't need cocaine to write 700 pages in a month.

Honestly, I tried putting the character bio for my MC, and it was basic stuff but it didn't fit. I cut it 100 characters under and it still didn't show in the glossary. I'm super upset :(
I know how you feel.