I'm not an expert, I just write from the heart.

aidan_lo

Hello fellow writers and dreamers, I hope this post finds you well and in the throes of creativity. I wanted to take a moment to share a little bit about my journey as a writer here on this platform.

You see, I'm not an expert. I don't have a degree in creative writing, and I've never attended a writing workshop. I don't know all the rules of grammar, and sometimes I struggle to find the right words. But I write. I write because I have stories inside me that need to be told. I write because it's a way for me to make sense of the world around me. I write because it brings me joy.

I believe that at the heart of every writer is a storyteller. And every storyteller has a unique voice, a unique perspective, a unique story to tell. We don't need to be experts to share our stories. We just need to be brave enough to put our thoughts into words, to pour our hearts out onto the page.

Writing from the heart means being honest, being vulnerable. It means sharing a piece of yourself with your readers. It's not always easy, but it's always worth it. Because when you write from the heart, you connect with your readers on a deeper level. You make them feel something. And that, to me, is the true power of storytelling.

So, to all the writers out there who feel like they're not good enough, who feel like they don't know enough, remember this: You are enough. Your stories are enough. Write from the heart, and your words will resonate. They will touch people. They will make a difference.

I'd love to hear from you all. What inspires you to write? How do you overcome self-doubt? How do you keep your passion for writing alive?

Keep writing, keep dreaming, keep believin
What inspires me to write?
- For me, it is mostly a mixture of constantly, and I mean constantly, consuming new media to read, whether it be mangas, web novels, or one-shots, and music. Music is huge, since it sets the tone for what I write, and when I write. If I get hit with a good flow from music, I can do much more than just relying on constant new stories to read to keep me inspired and writing.

How do I overcome self-doubt?
- For me, it was tough, but it was something I learned the hard way in seventh grade. You have to keep pushing, because there is always another obstacle to overcome, another reader to find, another chapter to write. To self-doubt is to cast your doubt on your past self's best work, and to delay your ascension (or descension) into the madness we call writing.

How do I keep my passion for writing alive?
- Mostly a mixture of constantly consuming new media and taking lots of breaks. I'll do a few days of lots of writing, then a few weeks of break, and then repeat it, in order to avoid the burnout I've seen (and worked through) with other authors who consistently have to keep writing. A relatively slow upload schedule works wonders at keeping passions alive by only putting low pressure on you.

Alseki.

Laurant Writing Romans.
Hello fellow writers and dreamers, I hope this post finds you well and in the throes of creativity. I wanted to take a moment to share a little bit about my journey as a writer here on this platform.

You see, I'm not an expert. I don't have a degree in creative writing, and I've never attended a writing workshop. I don't know all the rules of grammar, and sometimes I struggle to find the right words. But I write. I write because I have stories inside me that need to be told. I write because it's a way for me to make sense of the world around me. I write because it brings me joy.

I believe that at the heart of every writer is a storyteller. And every storyteller has a unique voice, a unique perspective, a unique story to tell. We don't need to be experts to share our stories. We just need to be brave enough to put our thoughts into words, to pour our hearts out onto the page.

Writing from the heart means being honest, being vulnerable. It means sharing a piece of yourself with your readers. It's not always easy, but it's always worth it. Because when you write from the heart, you connect with your readers on a deeper level. You make them feel something. And that, to me, is the true power of storytelling.

So, to all the writers out there who feel like they're not good enough, who feel like they don't know enough, remember this: You are enough. Your stories are enough. Write from the heart, and your words will resonate. They will touch people. They will make a difference.

I'd love to hear from you all. What inspires you to write? How do you overcome self-doubt? How do you keep your passion for writing alive?

Keep writing, keep dreaming, keep believing.
You said it all my friend.

We live in a work of stories. Humans are creatures meant for expressing. I admire the enriched view that each individual has developed by simply existing on this planet and living. Different perspectives, subjectivity, etc... There is so much to learn, so many amazing people to interact with, so much to share... Yet so little time. But still, we find fulfilment. We find experiences. I reckon this all is possible only because people are fundamentally similar... Yet so unique that you can't seem to find two people who completely agree on two aspects of life.

I was lost. I am lost. I hated writing, in my school days I was often forced to write things of trivial matter with no significance whatsoever. Jotting down the information I already knew and found redundant led me into developing a bitter resentment towards both writing and the people who forced me to do it. As an extremely introverted personality that I was, I was never capable of finding people of my interests and sharing the same passion as me. As such, I never made any friends.

It wasn't that I didn't find people intriguing, no matter what sort of conversation I tried to execute it always led nowhere. The people I met in my day-to-day life seemed superficial and lifeless to me. Never passionate about anything I found fascinating. Ironically and on the contrary, people often commented on how I appeared ‘dead' to them, that I was hollow and lifeless. I always found it amusing. I always hated that. I never shared similar interests with the masses. I didn't like sports or parties or gossip. Somehow that made me dead.

I didn't heed much though and kept working on whatever thing I was working on, irrespective of whether I wished to do it or not. I slaved away many days of fruitless labour, yearning for meaning and freedom. I never found it, I doubt there is any. I realized that the only way out is to act, and time won't change anything. I was resentful, unable to accept or forgive.

I reckon I would have continued being that, hating society and loathing people. Never to interact with humans again once I break my bounds. But a few key people changed my view of this world.

None of these key people are my family members or friends. Heck, they don't even know me and I never even met them. Many of them, in fact, are dead. These key people didn't know whether their work would be successful or not, and it didn't really matter to them either. Because what drove them to strive was creativity, more than anything else, appreciation and gratitude towards life.

Slowly and steadily, I learned from these people and found the true wonders of this world and how to appreciate the little things in life. I learned to express myself, albeit not well, still learning. I haven't yet found meaning, but I found meaning to give meaning to my quest. And even if I never find meaning, I will be satisfied by just knowing I strived and persevered. At least thus far.

During all this, I also found my love for writing. I am bad at drawing. I am bad at music. I am basically bad at every form of human expression. The only way for me to express left, therefore, was writing. At least that's how I remember I got into writing, not sure. But back then I wasn't really into writing. I still had that lingering resentment from those old memories.

No, I remember when I truly became a writer. It was a day as good as any. People I live with had again disappointed me in myself for whatever trivial reason I don't remember. Saddened and cursing my existence, I went back to my room. For whatever reason, by this time whenever I got sad I uses to write. It was better than any other means anyway. On that day, in one of my older notes, I found myself reading what I was thinking of writing today. Let me simplify, basically, I realized that I had referenced an idea that I thought hadn't come to me back then. I realized how deep the seed of thought goes in a human brain. I realized I could track the genesis of my thought process via writing, and understand myself better.

I was baffled. I was amused. I fell in love. I am writing ever since (good? Questionable). To this day whenever I am anywhere, people still tell me I am a ‘dead' and ‘emotionless' ‘hollow' person. But I know otherwise. And I know it doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter why, how, or from where you started writing. What matter is which stories you wish to convey to others. What value you wish to give them. Value I found in others, I wish to help others find in me so that they can too learn to appreciate life.

That is why I write.

I have no clue what blabber I have written.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
TLDR: Both my love for writing and hatred for certain tropes and poor writing in modern isekai got me to write.

I just really love to write. Ever since I was 5, I've always wanted to write my own stories. I've said this multiple times elsewhere and I'll say it again. The first ever thing I wrote was a Berenstein Bears fanfic. Essentially the idea my 5 year old brain had was: "What if the Berenstein Bears acted like actual bears."

I wrote the story and my uncle would include illustrations. It was like ten or so pages long, half of the page containing the writing and the other half having the illustrations. When I looked at the final product, I think that was the moment I fell in love with storytelling. It was awesome seeing something I wrote taking fruit as an actual story that I could read on the page. Yeah, the handwriting, spelling, and sentence structure were horrendous, but I was like 5. Of course it would.

Years passed after that, and although I had a lot of story ideas, I didn't write them down again until years later. I don't exactly remember how old I was, but I was either 12 or 13. I had watched Attack on Titan which matured my idea of what storytelling can be, but what really got me to write again was Re:Zero. That's the reason I constantly have a Subaru profile.

I loved the story of Subaru and Co, and I wanted to write something similar. All that was left was what I wanted to write about. Well, my hatred for two things in particular got the idea off the ground.

The first thing is related to Pokemon. Specifically the Mystery Dungeon spinoff games. I remembered after I finished playing Super Mystery Dungeon, I started coming up with ideas about how the fifth game in the series could go. With the 7th gen of the mainline games out, there were all sorts of possibilities. Then I found out there would be no fifth game. I was freaking mad at that and started coming up with ideas thinking that they weren't making the fifth game not because of lack in profits, but because they couldn't think of a good story. This is where the idea of my story had begun developing.

The second thing my hatred is directed toward modern isekai and their bullcrap. What really got me enraged was the show "Wise Man's Grandchild." There was no reason for it to be an isekai. The main character is a cardboard cutout. The secondary cast are mostly women who want to ride the protagonist. Don't even get me started on episode 2. I went on a multiple-paragraph rant a long while ago about episode two, and I'll do it again god dangit. And this was pretty much my main driving motivation for a long while before I chilled out.

I've been writing on my main story for nearly seven years now. I'm working on my seventh or so draft, pretty much rewriting most parts to make things feel more cohesive and make characters feel more human. My first draft had everyone be robotic and crap and it contained the very same tropes I despised.

Funny how a 14 year old writes the same stuff that a grown man wrote that somehow managed to publish as a light novel, somehow got fans that are mostly consisting of other grown men, and somehow got adapted into a soulless anime where the only people who would consistently watch it are people into trashy stuff or grown men that live in their mother's basements. Sometimes I try to put myself in their shoes and wonder why a grown-ass man would make something so juvenile and soulless. Like, even if money was behind it, most of the time there would be some creativity in the work. I mean, Highschool DxD is pretty much solely made to milk out otaku money, but it's clear the author actually has some form of creativity that he puts into his work. I just don't get it.

That last paragraph was a bit of a rant, but hopefully, I've been clear about why I write.

Civilian

Good post.
I'm in the same lane here, English isn't even my first language and I learned it by watching gaming videos on youtube over the years :unsure: Never really had the courage to post anything til' recently, but I don't regret it, have learned quite a lot through the experience and it's been a pretty fun ride so far. (Even with all the fuck ups and what not). So to all the nervous authors out there, just keep writing and keep improving. We got this brothers and sisters! 👌

AuthorsDread

Good post.
I'm in the same lane here, English isn't even my first language and I learned it by watching gaming videos on youtube over the years :unsure: Never really had the courage to post anything til' recently, but I don't regret it, have learned quite a lot through the experience and it's been a pretty fun ride so far. (Even with all the fuck ups and what not). So to all the nervous authors out there, just keep writing and keep improving. We got this brothers and sisters! 👌
Great encouragement! 👍