Im not sure if i should continue my story, can I PLEASE get some feedback!🙏

Redadam04

【Human Savant of True Almighty God】
I know its kinda hard to admit it, but I think you should listen to the veterans' advice. :sweating_profusely: :blob_no:

Sylvie

Those days are gone, now the memory's on the wall
Drop this story. 8 readers and 15k words? Is not worth your time. I am not saying the story doesn't have merit, maybe it could do well through traditional publishing if finished (I haven't read it). But as far as webnovel publishing goes, people are just not interested in the tags and synopsis of your novel. Readers are cruel, without the right tags and synopsis they won't even bother reading the first sentence of chapter 1.

I took a look at your series and saw you had a story with 73 readers. Honestly just keep working on that one, or experiment with a new novel.

Also, it is 100% valid to recycle content from dropped novels. So you can take parts of your yoko city and use them in any new novels you write.
I just realized that I don't get what "readers" means here on Scribblehub. I haven't put up anything I've written here yet.
Is it the number of people who have added the novel into their reading lists? or the number of people who have finished reading all of the chapters of the book?

Sylvie

Those days are gone, now the memory's on the wall
There are multiple reasons for why it doesn't seem to be gaining traction. (these are just my opinions and I am by no means a professional at this.)
1. The genres seemed too mashed up
2. The mashed up genres aren't the popular types (not your fault but darker themes generally do not work well among web novels)
3. You haven't tagged it enough (just scroll through the tags and click on literally ANYTHING that applies)
4. Give a taste for what people are in for. An exciting sky riding duel would have done so much more to create an interest. By this I don't mean that the contest should have been completed, but an exciting description with the risks and rewards would have gone far in creating interest. You can always describe characters, bring in the setting and do other important but more lackluster things slowly over the chapters.
5. As far as writing goes I have nothing to say as it's far better than many stories hosted here.

I myself am not too big of a sci-fi fan and can't really give a lot of great feedback on it but as far as sports go, training arcs are just as popular, if not more popular than tournaments and competitions. As an added bonus you get to develop the sport by throwing in a few rules here and there while not making it feel like an info dump and the readers get to appreciate the work and effort put into sky riding.

Aaky

I just realized that I don't get what "readers" means here on Scribblehub. I haven't put up anything I've written here yet.
Is it the number of people who have added the novel into their reading lists? or the number of people who have finished reading all of the chapters of the book?
Your first definition is correct. Readers are people who put your novel in their reading list. I know is a bit confusing, a better term would be "followers"

Temple

but as far as sports go, training arcs are just as popular, if not more popular than tournaments and competitions.
I think the problem is that the sports genre (other than a tournament fighting kind of sports) is not a popular genre in webnovels. In manga and anime they are very popular but it's different in writing. I guess because the thrill and excitement in sports cannot be translated well in writing. But if it's a tournament fighting thing then that's easy in writing. Manga and anime has an edge on writing here for sports as they can even make mahjong exciting.
Perhaps more importantly it's very easy to make an OP MC premise in tournament fighting (which is one of the biggest draws in webnovel writing) compared to other kind of sports no matter how cool or fantastical is that sport.

LostLibrarian

Easy fix for OP's sports novel here on SH:

Steal the whole "my sword is actual a little girl spirit" and make the MC's racing gear able to transform into girls when he isn't racing. Now you can throw in all the harem litrpg elements you need, as the MC has to learn how to ride his girls. Both during and after the race...

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Easy fix for OP's sports novel here on SH:

Steal the whole "my sword is actual a little girl spirit" and make the MC's racing gear able to transform into girls when he isn't racing. Now you can throw in all the harem litrpg elements you need, as the MC has to learn how to ride his girls. Both during and after the race...
Seems pretty legit to me. Do this OP!!