Imagine you have auto-time reverse regenerating ability in a passive factor.

D4isuke

Depressed Pervert who loves writing good smut.
Imagine you have auto-time reverse regenerating ability in a passive factor.

So the ability is likely similar to Subaru's "Return By Death", except you couldn't turn back time to save others. I can call this [Rejection of Death] or in other words— Immortality. . Like you have been stabbed on your chest, but you couldn't die despite the pain bothered around your body, and your soul is permanently trapped in your "mild injured" body. Unless, something that "completely tears your body out" will be the flaw of your ability. I know it sounds absurd, but at least, it's time-related ability.

Does it make sense for me to write about it?

This idea will be reserved to my new novel that I will look forward to write for.

Lynet

If it has a interesting plot and character interaction with all the others.

Also asking us if it makes sense for you to write about it?
You are the person who decides if it makes sense to you. If you wanna write about it then go ahead!
However it is your choice to release it to us publicly and we get to read this perhaps interesting abiltiy with also equally interesting plot. Perhaps

Good luck if you do write the new novel.

D4isuke

If it has a interesting plot and character interaction with all the others.

Also asking us if it makes sense for you to write about it?
You are the person who decides if it makes sense to you. If you wanna write about it then go ahead!
However it is your choice to release it to us publicly and we get to read this perhaps interesting abiltiy with also equally interesting plot. Perhaps

Good luck if you do write the new novel.
Judging all your comment, I think posting this kind of thread doesn't even make sense, so I'll just delete it then.

Also thank you, feel free to look forward

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Look, this all depends on how well you use the ability.

Take a look at JoJo's King Crimson. An ability that broken and fundamentally flawed was able to work in writing due to its implementation.

Incorporate the theme of your story with the ability, and make sure it has use and influence to the plot. Don't make it some extra tool the protagonist has in his arsenal. Pit him into situations where he has use it to his advantage.

Lynet

Judging all your comment, I think posting this kind of thread doesn't even make sense, so I'll just delete it then.

Also thank you, feel free to look forward

Then I shall do so.

However it's more like there aren't many people who don't post them of various reasons ( low self-esteem, low expectations and so on) and more likely their fear of rejection from their ideas.

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
In my novel my MC has a similar ability, but it doesn't work with time.

Life, the universe, the world, heals her; she's the most powerful being and the one with the highest authority, so wounds on her are interpreted as an error and the reality is rewritten. The problem with such an ability is that you lose the stakes, a wound in a character that doesn't have healing ability "hurts" more, and the readers are more likely to be worried, creating tension. With characters that are seemingly immortal there's no tension, and the readers are more likely to be impatient for the character to finish the fight and kill the enemy. It becomes annoying when the character hates a bastard and doesn't kill him, like why? You don't need to be afraid of the consequences, do it.

So my advice is to make sure your character can be killed. You also have to ask yourself, why are you giving that ability to your character? If it's to make your life easier and avoid having your character on bed almost dead all the time, don't do it, make your character stronger or smarter. If it's to give your character a cheat to make sure all the fights are won, don't do it, use your creativity and intelligence to write better fights where your character can win.
The reason I gave my character that ability is to let her be reckless, when people knows of her identity, the first thing they do is try to kill her; with her ability not only can she survive, she can talk to them and try to gain allies, and she's not forced to fight for her survival (kill them).

Akasora

There is a character in Worm web novel with that ability, people just capture him instead of trying to kill him.

Kldran

Since time reversal is involved, could a continuous cycle of injury and healing, result in them not aging?

D4isuke

Since time reversal is involved, could a continuous cycle of injury and healing, result in them not aging?
Well, maybe I can turn him into undead.

Yiphen

Chaotic Lil' Demon
I'm imagining it would be a really good psychological novel, but only if you do it right.
Of course, you would have to make sure people wouldn't have an incentive to simply knock him out and continuously harvest his organs.

D4isuke

I'm imagining it would be a really good psychological novel, but only if you do it right.
Of course, you would have to make sure people wouldn't have an incentive to simply knock him out and continuously harvest his organs.
Yes, I was thinking of it as psychological novel, and I would say that it shares the similarity of Subaru's Return By Death, but...