Writing Prompt In a world where giant crabs roam the surface one man...

Kotohood

Noob Author
... shouted out with excitement.

"Finally a world where I can have a large piece of crab meat without the hassle of breaking the shell!"

But first and foremost, the man will have to find a way to kill said crab. But how does he do it?

He sat and thought about the matter till he came up with an excellent idea.

'I'll just let gravity decide!'

And he re-enact his grand plan to lure a giant crab off a cliff in order to get to the soft juicy part of the crab.

'Genius' he thought to himself.

And so, the man went to beach and eyed himself the tastiest looking crab he could find. And there it is, a nice looking red crab with juicy looking body parts.

The man pick up a stick and threw it to the crab to get its attention, and he did.

The crab moved to his sides and started to move towards him in a sideway walk.

The man sees this does and internal celebration as he started running towards the cliff he spotted earlier.

And after a long back and forth between the crab and the man. They soon found themselves on the edge of the cliff.

Having got to this point the man reliazed something. He didn't thought of what was he going to do once he reached the cliff!

'Do I jump off? No, no, no! I'll die!'

He turn backwards to see the crab gaining on him.

'But the crab!' he thought to himself.

Steeling his resolve, he decided thay some things are worth doing and so jumped!

Jump into a leap of faith.

"Crab Meat!!!!!"

Azrie

Redemption Seeker
I woke up in a beach feeling the sand beneath me, and slowly lifted my head up only to see... 'That', something that should not exist. The sand would get thrown around every time its leg hit the ground, I could see it. It was a shiny red giant being with two imposing and daunting chelipeds a carapace that looked indestructible, and black eyeballs there were protruding outside of it. It was doom; it was a giant red crab, the crab slowly turned around as if feeling my unconscious shaking. it was looking at me unmovingly. The crab made a weird motion with its chelipeds and then yelled?!

"Hey, you! What are you looking at?!" I was frozen from hearing such words, the crab stomped its legs on the ground and then narrowed its eyes as if wanting to kill me. I closed my eyes and started hopelessly muttering for salvation. 'Please don't kill me, Please don't ki-' I heard a loud crash sound that interrupted my mutter, I slowly opened my eyes curiously to see the source of the sound as if all the fear had disappeared. I saw it.

The crab was splattered on the ground, rather... What remained of the crab, there was a 90s Izusu delivery truck that ran it over... The driver got out and apologized to the now-dead crab. I was left speechless.

"WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE A CRAB!" I shouted... 'The world is unfair, of course, it had to be the crab and not me... The crab gets the harem... I do not, Why is li-" I heard a loud honk and then I suddenly felt an intense pain that vanished as soon as it started. It was another Izusu delivery truck...

I woke up in an abyss with seemingly no end. I saw it... it was the crab. The crab also saw me...

(Took way longer to write this than I'd like to admit) Hopefully, it was at least amusing.

Last edited:

Nihilaine

...stood at the top of the giant crab naked and proclaimed himself as the crab overlord while dancing to the tune of crab rave.

Ah such bliss~

The crab overlord thought so with serene expression while his dong is swinging madly nonstop to the sheer horrors of his viewers.

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
...one man, eyes the swarm hungrily. Armed with a wok and a spatula he charged forward like a bullet leaving numerous fallen bodies on his wake.

"At last, after years of waiting. My beloved spicy crab, we meet again!"

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
....Was free from the STD plaguing the world. The last virgin straight man. His balls pristine, unmolested by the viral hands of men. And women. And Apache helicopters.

How far can this plucky young fox go in a planet of enflamed crotches? Find out next time on...Crabby BallZ!

OddJamm

~Sweet Preservatives~
... prepared for a seafood hunt!
You had to pay 1 thousand in seashell credits to get in but once you passed the gate there was nothing stopping you from hunting the legendary crabs and make a killing off of it! The crabs were high in demand and with the articles I've read about crab hunting, it shouldn't be that hard. It was a risky gamble considering I only make 5 credits a day, not including my spendings but in life, you have to take risks. I've seen so many people make a living out of it and it is my dream!
"Hehehe," giggles spilled out at the thoughts of swimming in credits with beauties surrounding me.
I've prepared for months for this moment! Researching about crabs late into the night after my day job and finally a year later my efforts will be paid off.
"Okay! Let's go-"
The ground started trembling and rumbling, it was as if the sky was going to fall down up above. I saw a storm of dust moving my way and a small shadow in front of the dust cloud coming towards me.
"CRAB STAMPEDE! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!"
My feet were stuck to the ground and couldn't move, I felt chills go up my spine and goosebumps forming on my skin. It was a giant herd of rampaging crabs. They were all blood red.
"Well..." a sigh was given out as the crabs made their way towards me.
"I guess my last words will be... THOSE DONKEYBUTTS THAT WROTE THE ARTICLE LIED!!! EASY MY ARS-"
SQUISH SQUISH PLOP
---

The crabs that ran by gave a sigh, "Oh man! Not another one! I think I stepped on a human again."
"Me too! They need to stop littering the place with them. Don't they know how hard it is for us janitors to clean the mess up?" the crab next to him clicked his tongue.
A bright pink crab ran up to them and scolded them, "Move it, newbies! We don't have all day to clean now."
"'YES SIR!'"

...What did I just write...:blob_blank:

Last edited:

JustHANO

One man... stood before one and bravely asked, "is it true your kind is immortal? Forever growing, protected by your hard shell, only to succumb to the inevitable of worldly diseases? With such power, why would you risk exploring the surface world, where human seek and hunt your kind? Is it because without risk, life as an immortal being become dull or is it death you seek?"

The man pondered his own questions, "I see, so life is meaningless to you because unlike a human, you can not comprehend the complexity of it. So wondering around aimlessly is just natural to you. I see." The man shook his head, content with his conclusion.

"My guy, you're thinking of lobsters. I'm just a giant sentient crab, my dude." The man fell to his knees, shocked that the crab spoke. "Plus I know a few lobsters who parents died of old age."

Last edited:

tak

In a world where giant crabs roam the surface one man tries to find where they came from.

The giant crabs just appears one day. That's illogical. Things don't magically appear, they must've come from somewhere. I was just curious when i first started searching for it. But so many people tried to stop me, I become more determined.

"You'll never find them." Bitch, I'll show you. I'll find them just because you said that.

"Just leave those kind of things to the smart people." What the fuck? You think I'm not smart?

"Bro, if you die can i get your car?" Fuck you Chad. I won't die before you do.

The journey was hard. I got lost, kidnapped, involved with some random cult and some government secret bullshit, stranded, engaged, tortured—not the bloody kind, amateur chefs are forcing me to eat their shitty crab dishes—adopted, and tortured some more. The bloody kind. But i persisted out of spite until i got here.

The spawn point.

I can see some giant coconut crabs feasting on a stranded whale. They tear the whale bit by bit to into their mouth. Normal coconut crabs are famous for splitting open coconuts and eating a lot, and they do eta meat. I have to be careful. If they find me, I'll die. NO I WON'T FUCK YOU CHAD.

I sneak past them to the shit in the air. Not literal shit. A ripple, a distortion, a glitch—whatever you'd call it—weird shit. In the air. And a giant crab appear from that, like going through a gate.

I check if my strapped camera is still recording. I can stop my journey here and come back to... no. I know what they will say if I stop here.

"What is that? A gate?"
"What's on the other side?"
"Why didn't you go in?"
"Coward lol"

Fuck you imaginary future!

I pass through the gate. No weird feeling like dizziness when I did that, or maybe I just didn't noticed it because what greeted me on the other side.

A giant crab falling from the sky, breaking its shell to pieces. A giant bird landed beside its twitchin body and start eating it alive.

Of course.

The crabs came to our world because they're running away from their predator. Birds, fishes, mammals... who doesn't like their meat? Even in our world they're hunted for their meat. But in our world, their chance of survival is higher.

Right now I'm facing the predator of giant ccrabs the predator of species that feast on our whales. The giant bird look at me like I'm dead meat.

Oh bitch, you don't.

Llamadragon

In a world where giant crabs roam the surface, one man sits on the cliff outside of his house, at the edge of town, watching the view. Great mountains stretch in front of him, and rivers of meltwater runs through the valleys like veins of glittering silver. Below, a few giant crabs were scavenging in the waters, eagles drawn to their leftovers. This... this kind of view was truly the perk of his hometown, the cons be damned. He sighs contently, then he heads into the house for the night.

When he emerge the next morning, he pause to take in the view. It is very different from yesterday; the mountain range of yesterday is visible in the distance, and today the tundra plains stretch far and wide around. The man grabs his bag and heads to work, saying hello to his neighbors on the way. The town is not too small and not too big, and the road from his house to his workplace takes about twenty minutes on foot.
He makes it to his office, a building overlooking another cliff. He takes out his worktools from the bag. Navigation equipment, a notebook with many complicated-looking symbols on it. After greeting his workmates, he gets straight to the point. ”Okay guys, what’s the nights observations like?”
”The weather’s damp, and there’s a cold front moving in from the east. Temperatures are sinking and if this keeps up, the crabs might just burrow underground and hibernate this winter.”
”Oooooh, that’s great news! It would be so nice to be able to trade with the outside world this year...”
”I know right? I’m not sure if I’ll stay here or move to another town, if we’re given the opportunity. If I do, it will certainly be to an OLDER town. One that absolutely, certainly is NOT built on top of a crabs hibernation spot.”

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
... Decided to open up "Slenny and Son's Mega Crab Eatery"! Come on down to crack open your mega crab! We've got big crab legs, but crab claws, and even big crab heads! So head on over to "Slenny and Son's Mega Crab Eatery" today, and we'll set you up with our brand new mega lobster dish!

*Jingle plays* If you want to eat big fish from the sea, head to the mega crab eatery! "

Lurking

... shouted out with excitement.

"Finally a world where I can have a large piece of crab meat without the hassle of breaking the shell!"

But first and foremost, the man will have to find a way to kill said crab. But how does he do it?

He sat and thought about the matter till he came up with an excellent idea.

'I'll just let gravity decide!'

And he re-enact his grand plan to lure a giant crab off a cliff in order to get to the soft juicy part of the crab.

'Genius' he thought to himself.

And so, the man went to beach and eyed himself the tastiest looking crab he could find. And there it is, a nice looking red crab with juicy looking body parts.

The man pick up a stick and threw it to the crab to get its attention, and he did.

The crab moved to his sides and started to move towards him in a sideway walk.

The man sees this does and internal celebration as he started running towards the cliff he spotted earlier.

And after a long back and forth between the crab and the man. They soon found themselves on the edge of the cliff.

Having got to this point the man reliazed something. He didn't thought of what was he going to do once he reached the cliff!

'Do I jump off? No, no, no! I'll die!'

He turn backwards to see the crab gaining on him.

'But the crab!' he thought to himself.

Steeling his resolve, he decided thay some things are worth doing and so jumped!

Jump into a leap of faith.

"Crab Meat!!!!!"
Suddenly, the man found himself suspended as though with jumbee cords.

He also felt all tingly and as though his body was losing sensation.

He found himself rising above the cliff, and looking at the gounded crab snapping its pincers at him.

He was electrified.

He stuggled in the direction of the crab, but decided to look up throigh his daze.

It turns out, what he had thought was a cloudy sky, was in actuality a swarm of giant sky jellyfish and he is tangled in one lowlying skyjelly's feelers as it catches the breeze and floats around like a helium balloon.

He watches his beloved crab get further down, and feels the constant tingles of electrocution...

And bites down on one of the feelers binding him!

Last edited: