Incentivize the creation of scribblehub accounts

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
1658945984380.png

Just learnt that there a large number of guests on the site. A surprisingly large population of them.

Policy proposal: Create a pop up that recommends guests to create scribblehub accounts.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
That would just annoy the guest users and make them less likely to use this website over another.

Pop ups should generally be avoided unless it's something quite important that will only appear every now and then... Like a pop up telling you that you need to wait 24h before your story is approved and stuff.

That would just annoy the guest users and make them less likely to use this website over another.

Pop ups should generally be avoided unless it's something quite important that will only appear every now and then... Like a pop up telling you that you need to wait 24h before your story is approved and stuff.
they can be non invasive in a small box on the side

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
they can be non invasive in a small box on the side
When have small boxes on the side ever incentivized anyone to click on them?

Consider the small videos on the corner everytime you visit any fan wiki.

Has anyone ever stopped to watch them?

When have small boxes on the side ever incentivized anyone to click on them?

Consider the small videos on the corner everytime you visit any fan wiki.

Has anyone ever stopped to watch them?
fan wikis are a bad example. you'd be surprised what a simple reminder can do

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...

True but it doesn’t wholly discredit the feature and would be to say it would is kind of insulting.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀

I agree. Pop ups should generally be used carefully.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Only reasons to make SH account are to post a story, post on forums, or bookmark stories. The reader base who just jumps on the site to get off while reading the first 5 chapters of some generic smut isekai doesn’t really care about any of those.

Also, to write comments and reviews. Though the aforementioned group won't care much about those either...

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
View attachment 14760
Just learnt that there a large number of guests on the site. A surprisingly large population of them.

Policy proposal: Create a pop up that recommends guests to create scribblehub accounts.
why? If a site I visited walled me out for not giving away my personal information such as email, I'd just leave. Which I usually do.
Why do we even need more users who will not comment or write anyway?

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls (she/her)
I made an account after I wanted to comment on a story, not before

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
why? If a site I visited walled me out for not giving away my personal information such as email, I'd just leave. Which I usually do.
Why do we even need more users who will not comment or write anyway?
And yet you needed an email for this site?

Even discounting SH, the email or leave dilemma is not difficult to bypass. I would expect one of your witchly calibre to know an invocation or three to handle exactly this scenario.

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
Even discounting SH, the email or leave dilemma is not difficult to bypass. I would expect one of your witchly calibre to know an invocation or three to handle exactly this scenario.
If user scripts count, I just recently created one that does exactly that for wattpad.

Which, after reading less than five chapters from, I decided was not a site I will be using again if at all possible.

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
And yet you needed an email for this site?

Witches like me usually prefer to get by with mortal means when we can - magic is both a danger and a precious resource after all. And after a thousand years you generally learn to not see everything as a nail.
But a quick invokation of temp-mail.org did help, yes.
But my point stands.
Accuses TH of necromancy.
Necromancy is a basic skill they taught in firat year in the Alexandrian Academy for Infernal Lawyers, so yes, I do it every now and again. You won't believe how much some people would pay you to animate a corpse of their loved ones or those who want a will rewritten.