including world maps?

scribesaga

So for one of my stories I crafted an entire backstory for the world, including maps. Now I didn't include the vast majority of that in the book itself, it was really only for me to use as a reference. However I thought it would be cool to include the world map on the first chapter of the story. I know it's posted correctly, and the images are clearly visible, yet for some reason almost every reader with an account stops reading at that first chapter. So they open the book, look at the first page, and before moving to the next chapter they just stop reading.

I just found that kinda weird. Do readers hate seeing maps?

Agentt

Thighs
Yes. I do, what do you suppose I do reading a map.
I mean, why? Why would I read the map if it doesn't concern me now. When you use it later, then the readers will come back to compare with the map.

D

Deleted member 49654

Isn't this supposed to be included in the glossary? There you can add a world map, the common sense of the world, character design if you have it, a short character description and background with likes, dislikes, etc...

scribesaga

Isn't this supposed to be included in the glossary? There you can add a world map, the common sense of the world, character design if you have it, a short character description and background with likes, dislikes, etc...
wasn't aware of that? I may do that later.
this was the story by the way.

D

Deleted member 49654

You can browse other stories and look at their glossaries. For example, I just saw that the glossary of "brothel in another world" is quite well organized.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Readers like seeing maps.
It can't hurt in any case.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
So for one of my stories I crafted an entire backstory for the world, including maps. Now I didn't include the vast majority of that in the book itself, it was really only for me to use as a reference. However I thought it would be cool to include the world map on the first chapter of the story. I know it's posted correctly, and the images are clearly visible, yet for some reason almost every reader with an account stops reading at that first chapter. So they open the book, look at the first page, and before moving to the next chapter they just stop reading.

I just found that kinda weird. Do readers hate seeing maps?
It's not a problem. Ai-chan's Felicia's Second Life has a huge map. Ai-chan's trying to make a map of Hounds of Hell too, but it's been slow because Ai-chan got brain hemorrhage from trying to keep everything logical.