Increase the character limit for writing on wall!

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
@Tony can you please raise the character limit on posting on the wall? If you don't want people posting too large stuff on other people's wall, then at the very least raise the limit for the person writing on their own wall.

Authors get questions from readers from time to time on the wall, and 500 characters is simply not enough. Even worse, you end up writing a long response only to get a message and spend time trying to chop it up to the point you wonder if its even the same response anymore. The other option is to make multiple responses but that is still a pain and would flood people's notifications.

At the very least if there is going to be a char limit, then there should be a char counter saying you used 422/500 chars. So we don't have to type up our responses elsewhere.

Thanks!

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
Yeah, this is something that has annoyed me - I once had to spend a few minutes after writing a status update trying to whittle it down because it was too big. I had to keep trying over and over, and I've never had that issue on Wattpad.

D

Deleted member 45782

agreed. had to reduce and reduce and post several times in a row bc character limit short.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Profile Posts in general are supposed to be short... Just make multiples if you really need to write a longer message.

It's something you can get used to fairly quickly tbh...

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Profile Posts in general are supposed to be short... Just make multiples if you really need to write a longer message.

It's something you can get used to fairly quickly tbh...
At the very least we need a realtime letter counter there. Cause counting letters as we type ourselves isn't something to get used to. Or being forced to type it elsewhere that does count letters.

D

Deleted member 45782

At the very least we need a realtime letter counter there.
I can't even tell where I brush pass the 420 character limit though. So I have to keep deleting to a certain point for it to post, but Idk where is enough. Agree.

Last edited by a moderator:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
At the very least we need a realtime letter counter there. Cause counting letters as we type ourselves isn't something to get used to. Or being forced to type it elsewhere that does count letters.
Ah, I do agree that a counter would be helpful, but you sort of get used to knowing where the cutline is at a glance after a while.

Like... You just get used to knowing how much of your screen can be taken by your post before you limit the character limit. It's just a thing of getting used to it.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Ah, I do agree that a counter would be helpful, but you sort of get used to knowing where the cutline is at a glance after a while.

Like... You just get used to knowing how much of your screen can be taken by your post before you limit the character limit. It's just a thing of getting used to it.
Meaning: Become a veteran!