Inkarnate (Free) is a great map-making app!

• Thread starter Deleted member 29316
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29316

thoughts are with you slightly distant neighbours to the north-northwest. :blob_sir:

i've always thought about making maps for some of my stories, partly to help me visualize and plot things, but couldnt find anything good, free and relatively user friendly. This thread helps a bunch and the maps come out looking awesome.
Thanks for the sympathies! :blob_teary: :blob_melt:

If you ever need help with map-making, feel free to tell me. I'm glad to be of help. (It's free!)

Glorious_Milfhunter

Huh? Who are you?
Avalon 2.0~2.jpg
I also made one with Inkarnate pro :blob_uwu:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Sweet. Though as usual, needs a desktop or laptop to use when I am mostly on my phone. The texture is a lot better than the fantasy map generator.

ForestDweller

Where do you get all the symbols for cities and forests and the like? I can't find them.

I already got a map going but it's the Azgaard one since it's easier to use.

D

Deleted member 29316

Where do you get all the symbols for cities and forests and the like? I can't find them.

I already got a map going but it's the Azgaard one since it's easier to use.
In Inkarnate, you go to Stamp > Press 'F' > Select your stamps.

D

Deleted member 29316

Sweet. Though as usual, needs a desktop or laptop to use when I am mostly on my phone. The texture is a lot better than the fantasy map generator.
I'm doing this on my phone (but with tablet), since we currently got no power. :blob_teary: :sweating_profusely:

Monk_Origins

No easy way to put roads and such without paying, huh?
I think my method of making rivers can be used to make roads too. Take a gray brush and lower its opacity while increasing the size a tiny bit and paint. After doing that, reduce it to the normal size while increasing the opacity a dozen or so %. It works great with rivers, and should be OK for roads too.
Example: https://i.ibb.co/s5bvnpT/Human-Tutorial-1.jpg