Info Dump

tak

Because I'm the type that skips interior description but I have to find the right type of sofa! It has nothing to do with plot but it bothers me if i don't let reader know that you can put your feet up in this sofa!
And since I most likely will do this to other things, I created this thread for info dump. will probabbly add more.
Maybe it can help others :blob_highfive:
Name based on syllables, ending letters, etc
CN names: “古风” (ancient) + “女名” or “男名” for girls and boys names, respectively.

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
You know, if you, the author, have to look at the style and words to use to describe the sofa, then there is a 99.99% chance that your readers won't know anything about it anyway and picture whatever they wanted it to look like.

sak-chii

Professional Procrastinator (Writer)
Even if you tried to describe the furniture, the readers wont see the same thing you see. They will probably picture a different picture.

mrsimple

Writer
Is this "Dude, Where's My Couch?" :blob_teehee:

Nah, I gotcha that this isn't relevant to the plot. But honestly, when it comes to the interior design, most of the time that can be envisioned by first cluing in the big broad detail of the exterior. I know, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but there's gonna be someone who does so by instinct. I know corporate auditors do.

And as for another detail to give your readers a description of the interior, go off your senses. Sight is only a fifth of what you can describe. How's it smell inside? Fresh and pure? Floral scented? Aerosol cheap? Things like that can put on an atmosphere. The aftertaste can as well. If that can of spray to cover the scent bothers the guest characters overtime, ya got something to add onto the environment. You could add on how antsy they are to get off that cushy sofa and away from the unpleasantries. Or if it is sweet, maybe eager to slip away from the broad span of the couch to have a peek in the next room for the delicious source. I could go on with touching and hearing, but I'm going to let you use that wonderful imagination of yours to fantasize how outstanding each detail could be picked out of that scene. :blob_okay:

Reactions: tak