Is Anyone Else Annoyed By The Sound Of Children?

Does The Sound Of Children Annoy You?

• Yes, burn all crotch-goblins to the stake!

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • No, not really...

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • I do not care.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Sometimes.

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • I'd like to answer, but I'm not allowed within 100 Solar-Systems near children

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
As mother to a son, I FORBADE him to ever make any noise that could disturb the neighbours. I hate it when I'm trying to work and all I can hear is the high-pitched screams of the girls two doors down as they play outside. Yes, I know this is a council estate but SOME OF US WORK thanks.
It's always girls making that stupid attention seeking screaming. Why?! Why do you do it, girls? I never did! I hated it then and I still do. You only seem to do it when there's boys around as well, what, you want rescuing from a fucking spider or something?! FUCK YOU and your stupid girly attention seeking SHIT, bust my eardrums like that again and you will see GIRL POWER for what it really is!!!!!!
ok rant over. No, I don't like kids.
I should add, he was allowed to make noise in parks, beaches and playgrounds. Not in the country/woods, not in the street, not in the house.

doravg

103/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
As someone who is sworn to never get children, I get you. I don't feel the urge to scream every time a child is too loud, but I found during the years, that I can't provide them with love and care, either. And children are entitled to love and care, folks. So, if you can't train a dog, chances are, you won't be able to train a kid into a respectable adult. At which point, you should use a condom, plus pills. (Depending on your gender.)

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Children can cry or babble nonesense, but after listening to a lot of children, you can tell when they do it because they have a valid reason and can't express themself better, and when they are outright spoiled attention-screamers.

The former case is bearable, the latter shouldn't be let out of the house for the sake of public order.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
I hate when you're out and other people's brats aren't well ordered and quiet. Around here we've caught them throwing stones at ambulances and buses, climbing on cars, chucking stones at my windows, climbing in other people's gardens, and generally being the sort of little shitbags no-one will miss if they accidentally tripped and fell on the railway line when a train's coming.
Hate it when you see kids running round in shops and restaurants too, or playing on tablets while they eat. Parents couldn't give a crap. I've taught mine to sit and eat with a knife and fork at the table, no toys, no squirming or lounging or sitting on knees. Don't like it? Then leave the table, but your plate stays where it is, and there's no pudding.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I always think it’s hilarious that people start off with “I don’t hate children” or “I’m not a child hater.”

no one cares if you’re a child hater or hate children, and usually people who say that really do hate children…

We would only be concerned if you were a pedophile. Those who hate children and stay away or don’t want them around no one cares about that because they do no harm.
And to answer the OP I don’t find children irritating. I find it hilarious when they behave like brats.

I only find the parents irritating for not reigning in their kids.

ZukoMee

Personally, I don't mind children. I lack the patience to deal with my own, but I'm the favorite uncle of my nieces and nephews, as is typical of people who lack their own kids but still enjoy being around their younger relatives.
My only issue is, if you go into a public space and your child is screaming their lungs out, take them and leave until you have calmed them down. If you can't make them be silent than you must leave. The world should not cater to you just because your child is unruly. Growing up, I got smacked in the mouth and was given a reason to cry if I made a scene in public as a child. This needs to make a comeback.

I do not care how much you paid for your meal. I paid for mine to, and I wish to enjoy it in peaceful silence or in cheerful dialogue as does the VAST majority of other people in the restaurant with me, which is now being ruined because your brat won't shut its piehole. You can't get a refund, but you can shut the loud thing up. I've publicly confronted parents who let their kids run amok in a restaurant numerous times and I have ALWAYS received thanks from other customers as well as waiters/waitresses afterward. Most people are unwilling to speak up that they want you and your screeching baboon gone, but believe me, they want you and your screeching baboon gone.

Last edited:

OP1000

Is Anyone Else Annoyed By The Sound Of Children?
For me personally, it depends on whether the child is screaming for attention or if the child is crying loudly after being injured. I get really annoyed when the former scenario happens, while I tolerate it if the later scenario happens.