Is canada even real?

Agentt

Thighs
So, there is a writing competition, topic being write a speech for the leader of any country.

I choose Canada. I was like, "Hey, canada has been getting tons of refugees lately, surely I will find some hot material about people protesting against influx of immigrants. Like, surely, there will be complaints about lack of jobs, right?"

Well, fecking no!

From all the research I did, I am honestly starting to think Canada isn't real. It just sounds too good to be true. Like, imagine a place with actually good policies and cheap rent. And such relaxed immigration rules, oh my god, it's such a heaven.

Canada has better, more citizen friendly emergency policies during a war than the regular policies of many countries.

Like, seriously, what the hell! Even the prices of many things were increased for the first time in 2020 ever since 2002! Can you even imagine, like...an entire country just ignoring inflation for past 8 years?

Please tell me the news have been lying to me and Canada is a scam, because I can't believe this exists without any drawback.
Like, tell me canada is a shit hole and all this is propoganda to invite immigrants

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
People keep imagining Canada as this mythical place of wonder when they're essentially ice Australia with 70% inhospitable landmass and 90% Caucasity™ with ubër racism and nobody knows because the news pipe is heavily monitored by the Canadian media conglomerate.

And don't get me started on the Fr*nch Canadians and the Ice Florida that is Quebec.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I went on a vacation there when I was a teenager. They have good candy.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
How good a candy are we talking about?
I don't remember most of it. Mainly a gummy candy with lots of fun shapes and a toddler who wants to say "gmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmb,;.n.................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn jjk;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;kkkkkkkkkkknnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn"

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
So, there is a writing competition, topic being write a speech for the leader of any country.

I choose Canada. I was like, "Hey, canada has been getting tons of refugees lately, surely I will find some hot material about people protesting against influx of immigrants. Like, surely, there will be complaints about lack of jobs, right?"

Well, fecking no!

From all the research I did, I am honestly starting to think Canada isn't real. It just sounds too good to be true. Like, imagine a place with actually good policies and cheap rent. And such relaxed immigration rules, oh my god, it's such a heaven.

Canada has better, more citizen friendly emergency policies during a war than the regular policies of many countries.

Like, seriously, what the hell! Even the prices of many things were increased for the first time in 2020 ever since 2002! Can you even imagine, like...an entire country just ignoring inflation for past 8 years?

Please tell me the news have been lying to me and Canada is a scam, because I can't believe this exists without any drawback.
Like, tell me canada is a shit hole and all this is propoganda to invite immigrants
they got to have something good to entice people to live in Hell Frozen Over after all (and to deal with French Canadians).

MR.DANTE

It really depend what kind of immigrants they are taking, are we talking about the useless problematic kind who just drain resources and create problems or the usefull kind who integrate and contribute to society?
maybe its not widely known as well, or their pr about it is excellent, im not sure what immigrants they are taking. or they could also not have experience with harmful immigration as well given their position and citizens would protest if they know better, there are tons of reason why they keep quite and its not necessarily their goodwill

I dont know about prices and stuff but canada did froze bank account of its citizen protesting against the government and anyone donating to the cause, and apparently there is some weird shit going on with their government as its not running as it should but i didn't investigate that much and cant really make an argument on that

overall for what i know canada right now isnt really a paradise but just a place with friendly ppl and questionable politicians

Jemini

Canada is essentially just mooching off the US.

The US has all this money dumped into military and foreign policy in order to support countries like Ukrane, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Iraq Afghanistan, the entire European Union, and a lot more.

Meanwhile, the US is also pumping money into research and development in several fields such as pharmaceuticals and computer technology.

Canada sure can prosper when it can just sit there pretty next to the US and reap the benefits of US research and military efforts while contributing nothing of their own.

Agentt

Thighs
The US has all this money dumped into military in order to support countries like Ukrane,
Unfortunately, orz, it is one of the cons of being a super nation. You suddenly have responsibility to prevent both downfall of any country and rise of anti nationalist groups, all over the world.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Wait for people from MURICA to come and say how shitty Canada is while shedding tears of blood deep inside, understanding that they can't live there.
For normal people yeah, but for right wing nuts like me Canada is hell on earth. Canada doesn't have freedom of speech and they will throw you in jail for saying some of the crazy inflammatory shit I do. America might be a shit hole, but it's our shit hole damn it! And even though a lot of our freedoms have been eroded by the government over time, we still have more civil rights than any nation on earth.

Atramede

Well, fecking no!

Speaking as someone who lives here in Canada, I can tell you that rose-coloured view of our country is not to be too heavily invested in. Especially if you're bringing up our 'leader', there's something pretty important that needs to be mentioned: the PM of Canada has effectively no checks or balances against his power whatsoever. The senate and GG have no actual power to check him, the cabinet is hand-picked entirely by him, his own re-election dates are decided solely by himself, and because of the wonky way our voting system is organized he only really needs to be popular in 3 specific cities to nearly guarantee re-election. (Incidentally, those 3 cities are prohibitively expensive to live in, so it's basically a situation where the votes of the wealthiest citizens literally matter more than those of others)

If all this sounds like the basic ingredients for a very polite dictatorship, then that's because it kind of is.

Erys

Her Highness
Unfortunately, orz, it is one of the cons of being a super nation. You suddenly have responsibility to prevent both downfall of any country and rise of anti nationalist groups, all over the world.
So this the reason why they're supplying weapons to the Orzhovs.

Agentt

Thighs
So this the reason why they're supplying weapons to the Orzhovs.
Well....one way to extinguish fire is to just let all fuel burn....
those 3 cities are prohibitively expensive to live in, so it's basically a situation where the votes of the wealthiest citizens literally matter more than those of others
Reminds me of how east and north London are hell because no one rich or important lives there, so no one bothered to develop it

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
As well as exploitation of weak third world countries, warmongering, spying on literally everything and everyone...

Schultz_von

... Welp, this thread start to become too political to my taste, got to throw something to defuse this. I go first

Off-site] finnish people might not exist..? : r/theydidthemath