• D2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D3

• D4

• Total voters

SternenklarenRitter

There's two parts to this. How close are you to your family and your opinion of family as a concept. Family here refers exclusively to people sharing large portions of your genetic code. Pick the options that best fit you.

A. I have a close and affectionate relationship with my family based trust and mutual respect.
B. We're pretty close but some of us can be a bit manipulative.
C. My relationship with my family is chilly at best.
D I have no remaining living relatives.

1. To value your family is of utmost moral importance, even at great personal effort or to the detriment of wider society.
2. Valuing close relatives is an important bond that holds society together.
3. The abstract idea of family is of little influence or importance to me or society.
4. I find consider valuing people just for sharing your DNA to be somewhat disturbing or even dangerous. It makes neither logical nor emotional sense.

TheDerpieGod

A Well-Known Daddy.
There's two parts to this. How close are you to your family and your opinion of family as a concept. Family here refers exclusively to people sharing large portions of your genetic code. Pick the options that best fit you.

A. I have a close and affectionate relationship with my family based trust and mutual respect.

1. To value your family is of utmost moral importance, even at great personal effort or to the detriment of wider society.
3. The abstract idea of family is of little influence or importance to me or society.
4. I find consider valuing people just for sharing your DNA to be somewhat disturbing or even dangerous. It makes neither logical nor emotional sense.
lmao c

Jailbreak571

Former CEO of Kamazon. Active lurker
My little brother manipulates my parents via selfishness but I counterattack by using my strongest move called <a beating> which always works with manipulative people. If that doesn't work then I will use my trump card which is <pinning someone's finger at the door causing to amputate it>. I used this technique on a upperclassman when I was 6 and from that day onwards he would always submit to me. (Btw the second story is true, I already apologised to him though and the finger wasn't fully amputated, maybe it only reached the bone or something but I don't know anymore because I was too young back then.)

Last edited:

LABmaiL

Friend of All Hats :)
I put C4 before reading the question and realizing this wasn't some abstract psychology survey. Alas, I must change my answer.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

Where is the "we lived together so long, all we feel is growing irritation and resentment to one another's existence" option?

Arkus86

Between A and first half of B, and somwhere between 2 and 3 for me

Ay89AZ

I love my family. I love them in the way that for many years they were all I knew. As you grow older, you see cracks. You see the ways they have hurt you, stopped you, hindered you, or made you. You learn that they are human, too. When you get to a certain age, you begin to learn to love them as a human loves a human (flawed but experiential). My mother would like to believe that all who were born biologically close to you are inherently close to you emotionally and spiritually. I don't hold the same idealistic beliefs when it comes to familial relations.

As far as I am concerned, I love my family for I know they have loved me in their own individual way. I feel responsible for them as much as they have been responsible for me. I just make it a point to remember that we are still individuals with individual and unique experiences. We might share some memories, events, or even sentiments but we are different people.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I love my family. I love them in the way that for many years they were all I knew. As you grow older, you see cracks. You see the ways they have hurt you, stopped you, hindered you, or made you. You learn that they are human, too. When you get to a certain age, you begin to learn to love them as a human loves a human (flawed but experiential). My mother would like to believe that all who were born biologically close to you are inherently close to you emotionally and spiritually. I don't hold the same idealistic beliefs when it comes to familial relations.

As far as I am concerned, I love my family for I know they have loved me in their own individual way. I feel responsible for them as much as they have been responsible for me. I just make it a point to remember that we are still individuals with individual and unique experiences. We might share some memories, events, or even sentiments but we are different people.
BOO individualism

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
C2. Possibly C4
I have a narcissist for a mother and an anorexic sister, IDK who my real father is, and anyone sane is dead. My colleagues and friends are my family, I spend more time with them than anyone else (except my son), and they don't try to control me.
I do feel a strong connection with family through the family tree, though.

Ay89AZ

Yup. You come to understand that they are human. Flawed humans. They have some good points that make them great and your family, and then the not so good points. That they each have a side and perhaps its not one entirely wrong or the other, its just from different viewpoints and angles - doesn't mean you have to like it. And that despite what some say to help boost ego, deep down there are flaws and cracks in everyone. They can look out for you in ways others probably would not do. Fam dynamics also tell you something irl about real love relationships instead of fiction novels. They can love, they can get hurt, they can sting.

Yes.

It is hard to decide be a1 b1 b2.
I chose b4.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
I am not really sure about what I think on this topic. On one hand, I think that it is tragic how the value of family is being diminished in the modern society, on the other, I personally can't say how I feel

EternalSunset0

B3. Probably somewhere between B and C, to be honest. I don't put too much importance with the idea of it, but it's not that I hate it. However, I definitely don't feel the "must" or the "hard responsibility" with them. And one of my least favorite things that they pull is the "we must be together" card when my mom and I (more me than her) just want to be alone and maintain a more "professional" relationship with the rest of the family.

I personally have no intentions of forming one myself. Being almost 30 and not bothering with actual relationships should clue anyone in lol.

I'd rather be more uninhibited and independent in my life when I get to that 30s to 40s range. Maintain good relationships with some of the family, probably long-distance ones, but not to be tied down with them.

SternenklarenRitter

Personally, A4. I love my family and trust them a great deal. However they have earned it. Should they develop habits incompatible with me, then I doubt I would still give them such love or trust. From observations, a lot of people I know are masochists when it comes to family, treating verbal abuse and broken promises as normal expectations for relationships. The idea that you could love someone just for being your parent/sibling/child regardless of what kind of dastard they are is bizarre and horrifying to me.

LilRora

Mostly formless
For me it would probably be B4 or C4, though it's hard to say. Especially with what I'm still not out with.
Personally, A4. I love my family and trust them a great deal. However they have earned it. Should they develop habits incompatible with me, then I doubt I would still give them such love or trust. From observations, a lot of people I know are masochists when it comes to family, treating verbal abuse and broken promises as normal expectations for relationships. The idea that you could love someone just for being your parent/sibling/child regardless of what kind of dastard they are is bizarre and horrifying to me.
The closer relationship you have with someone, the further you can push the line and still be forgiven. But yes, there is still a line that shouldn't be crossed, though I'm pretty sure that many people do and don't even realize it, or don't realize other people are crossing it. Or they are afraid to burn that bridge, scared it will never be rebuilt.