Is I the change of times?

waylonde

Hi, I was noticing that this days Gender Bender; Girls love and surprisingly female protagonist when from minority to overwhelming majority, what does everyone think about that, new generational preference another side of the woke culture or just a cycle like it happens with other themes like grimdark and the hateful: the power of friendship is stronger than actual power.

I've noticed this for the last few months while a year or so back you would be hard pressed to find a protagonist with the label of girls love or gender bender in the top reads

Let me know your opinions.

melchi

What is a custom title?
It is more the site than anything else. People say GB isn't nearly as popular on RR.

waylonde

It is more the site than anything else. People say GB isn't nearly as popular on RR.
I've noticed that, but here in went from 1/2/3 in the top 20 to at times any of the three themes will be the full of top 20 recently, which I found surprisingly enough to warrant the question.

Rhaps

Cult Leader of The Church of Dice
I usually don't care about these stuffs but from my own reading list and what I have seen, GB GL novels are definitely more popular. But I have GB as one of my excluded tag, I just don't like these things.

As an author, I do write about female protagonists not because of the trend but due to a coin flip though I tend to write them as non-binary MCs

waylonde

I usually don't care about these stuffs but from my own reading list and what I have seen, GB GL novels are definitely more popular. But I have GB as one of my excluded tag, I just don't like these things.

As an author, I do write about female protagonists not because of the trend but due to a coin flip though I tend to write them as non-binary MCs
I agree with the dislike of GB, mine is in general not something that I enjoy, on another note, don't you find hard to adapt challenges to either if you just flip a coin?

Rhaps

Cult Leader of The Church of Dice
I agree with the dislike of GB, mine is in general not something that I enjoy, on another note, don't you find hard to adapt challenges to either if you just flip a coin?
I just like to flip coins and roll dice in general, I find it easier and more interesting when I'm writing, like playing DnD. I don't know where the story is going, but it's fun.

With my method, here is how my story is going
downloadfile (1).png

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
I remember one of the first curse words I learned was 'Gay'. It wasn't bad enough to make the daycare workers wash your mouth out with soap, but it held all the hatred of humanity in it. It was perfect for a bunch of vicious little gremlins.

It took me a long time to realize that gay wasn't actually a bad thing, and by pure coincidence, a lot of other people realized it at about the same time as me. That and so many other things suddenly started getting some serious consideration instead of getting rebuked off-hand. And, as ever, the easiest place to explore unfamiliar topics is in fiction.

It just turned out that people liked the results. I was also surprised when I looked up the Female Protagonist tag and realized it had a significant number of stories. It's a good change. I only wish it had happened before I was born.

waylonde

I remember one of the first curse words I learned was 'Gay'. It wasn't bad enough to make the daycare workers wash your mouth out with soap, but it held all the hatred of humanity in it. It was perfect for a bunch of vicious little gremlins.

It took me a long time to realize that gay wasn't actually a bad thing, and by pure coincidence, a lot of other people realized it at about the same time as me. That and so many other things suddenly started getting some serious consideration instead of getting rebuked off-hand. And, as ever, the easiest place to explore unfamiliar topics is in fiction.

It just turned out that people liked the results. I was also surprised when I looked up the Female Protagonist tag and realized it had a significant number of stories. It's a good change. I only wish it had happened before I was born.
Have to agree with you in the fact that the trend came late for some, personally my favourite female character was from claymore, a female character that's strong and doesn't do boring things, or pink romance was right up my alley(I believe the protagonist/co-protagonist was male but I just remember him as a sidekick of Clare)

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
this isnt an unusual trend sometime last year, for many months BL was everywhere. what's prominent on SH is very much a cyclical trend. SH has seen influxes of GB and GL writers from other sites that would influence the prominence demographics.

a lot of things arent very popular on RR outside of the always dominant few genres. then again, in my view, RR is a lot more diversified now than how it used to be before the more niche stuff gathered loyal communities.

Corty

Spaghetti Monster
As someone who, as a male, writes female MCs, I feel called out, labeling me along with woke culture. I grew up watching the triangle mounds of Lara Croft and thought Ripley was badass, not to mention having a crush on Buffy (Sarah Michelle Gellar).

So female MCs are not part of the woke culture, thank you very much. They are just badly represented by pandering fuckfaces.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
As someone who, as a male, writes female MCs, I feel called out, labeling me along with woke culture. I grew up watching the triangle mounds of Lara Croft and thought Ripley was badass, not to mention having a crush on Buffy (Sarah Michelle Gellar).

So female MCs are not part of the woke culture, thank you very much. They are just badly represented by pandering fuckfaces.
True. I don't give much of a fuck what anyone writes.