Is it okay to do a massive rewrite of your ongoing story?

Bugi

Well, as I write more and more, I felt that I need to rewrite some old chapters and making them a lot better... Is that okay to do? Like there are those who already read these chapters and may get mad because I expanded the story a lot more.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Well, as I write more and more, I felt that I need to rewrite some old chapters and making them a lot better... Is that okay to do? Like there are those who already read these chapters and may get mad because I expanded the story a lot more.
Just let them know to re read those chapter.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
think of it like a Remastering of your story. trim out the bad and expand on the good. as long as it doesn't stray far from what the original chapter intended and flows just as well (or better) to the later chapters.

Bugi

Thank you very much for all of your advice. I feel a lot better now on doing a massive rewrite

Tblew

Awesome to see someone ask the question I was just thinking about! I really need to go back and re-write a few chapters. The only problem is it will likely interrupt my weekly update schedule...

Bugi

Awesome to see someone ask the question I was just thinking about! I really need to go back and re-write a few chapters. The only problem is it will likely interrupt my weekly update schedule...
It's worth it. I got more readers when I did a rewrite

D.C.Haenlien

I would continue to write your story but devote some of your time to refining your earlier chapters. If your pace slows down, tell the readers that you are reworking the earlier chapters so that quality will be consistent.