Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...

Attachments

• B015840F-EFD2-4C5A-A918-B2B7A4E06616.png
    B015840F-EFD2-4C5A-A918-B2B7A4E06616.png
    637.6 KB · Views: 36

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Yes . . . but I don't understand why you wouldn't want to write smut. I do it without getting paid!

RockiesRetriever

Is it possible to earn money without writing smut?
Not on this website. I am starting to question if the minute effort it takes to copy and paste my docs onto scribblehub is even worth it when even Wattpad is getting more than double the views and like ten times the engagement.

My opinion of scribblehub has diminished significantly since I found it several years ago, as it has pigeonholed itself into some really specific niches of content. Wattpad and Royalroad, and really just online writing sites in general are not terribly good if you want people to read your stuff, but if you want to write something that isn't smut or isekai, I wouldn't invest much energy here.

Yes but this.. place is not the place to do it. Scribblehub is a lot but sadly it's mostly a smut site. actual good content is very, very hard to find on here. that does also mean that it is easier to write on here since people will be less critical than, say, Royalroad but for paid actual writing, this isn't the place.

Premier

It’s possible but it’s way more difficult. If you want to make money then smut commissions is where most of the money is.

If you want to make money off non-smut best hope people willing to pay up for advance chapters and a lot of them.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I don't write smut and I'm doing pretty well. You don't have to sell your soul to the demands of others. Scribblehub has increased it's focus on smut for reasons that I can't fully understand but that doesn't mean that non-smut isn't popular. It just isn't as popular here. Anyone can make money off of writing so long as they are good at writing and know where to go in order to make the most money off your work.

Last edited:

SailusGebel

Scribblehub has increased it's focus on smut for reasons that I can't fully understand
When I was about to post my story on RR, I had a small talk with support. I said there would be one-two r-18 chapters once every ten-twenty chapters, and support said it was too much. Now try to figure out why SH likes smut so much.

Le_ther

Wait what smut novels sells more than actually well written one's?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
When I was about to post my story on RR, I had a small talk with support. I said there would be one-two r-18 chapters once every ten-twenty chapters, and support said it was too much. Now try to figure out why SH likes smut so much.
I'm all for avoiding RR because their regulations and community are pretty bad. Scribblehubs lack of overbearing rules is part of the reason I came here. People should have the freedom to write what they want to write rather than it be confined. The community is also super nice and helpful to the point that I can't compare any writing community to it. However, if there's so much smut that people coming here have to ask if there is anything but smut. It just seems excessive.

Last edited: