Is nudity sufficient qualifications for a sexual content warning?

Parasitezeo

Mature Rating for non-sexual nudity is the norm in this situation and some authors I've known even put it in post-script of the story description to explain the rating for those whom may skip a story thinking the rating is for something else but if it isn't something that happens often I think there is no need to raise the rating level at all just put in the chapter/chapters in question that there is non-sexual nudity in it and if possible make it possible to skip for those that may not enjoy it.

mr.heavy-writer

Tony's Friend
Hm, I can write completely unsexual nudity scenes, wondering if that counts for a warning for sexual content?

Its just like, a bath.

That means naked, but it doesn't mean sexual content.

What should I do? Tag it as a warning for nudity or sexual content or nothing? Currently doing nothing about it.
nudity maybe, but sexual maybe no

Lurking

I recommend doing what Ai-chan said and tagging your story mature.
Thats not what she said? She said I can tag it as mature if I want but I don't really need to.

Hmm. I am fairly certain anyone old enough to bathe themselves is mature enough to not freak out over someone taking a bath.

Hmmm. Guess I won't change the tags, just put in a chapter note saying, nudity warning.

FriendlyDragon

Your friendly local dragon~
Thats not what she said? She said I can tag it as mature if I want but I don't really need to.

Hmm. I am fairly certain anyone old enough to bathe themselves is mature enough to not freak out over someone taking a bath.

Hmmm. Guess I won't change the tags, just put in a chapter note saying, nudity warning.
Yeah that would work too. But if it's a recurring theme, then considering adding a mature tag.

mr.heavy-writer

Tony's Friend

if there's a bathplay... maybe it'll be "mature" enough.

Lurking

..bathplay?

Yeah, theres glitter and like multicolored fog, but that doesnt require a mature tag right?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
...does it?

So let's just assume what the bathplay is about.

Is it plain, vanilla fanservice where the MC or any other character have actual development but in the nude with wet bodies? If so then you've got nothing to worry about. Unless you wanna go explicit and go through every inch of their body in every paragraph, a little (Disclaimer: Nudity) would do the trick.

Is it textbook eechi scene #23 with MC and tiddies? Yeah, that might need a bit of warning but other than that, it's fine. I don't think this site had put their foot down on sexual content so go wild. A tiny (Warning: Very Explicit Nudity) would be enough.

TL;DR: Just slot a disclaimer at the front. Unless it effects anything with the story or your linguistic/writing style, it'll do you good just in case screeching Karen comes crashing down claiming that nudity "corrupts the children", then you have that warning as a rock-solid defense.

Lurking

So let's just assume what the bathplay is about.

Is it plain, vanilla fanservice where the MC or any other character have actual development but in the nude with wet bodies? If so then you've got nothing to worry about. Unless you wanna go explicit and go through every inch of their body in every paragraph, a little (Disclaimer: Nudity) would do the trick.

Is it textbook eechi scene #23 with MC and tiddies? Yeah, that might need a bit of warning but other than that, it's fine. I don't think this site had put their foot down on sexual content so go wild. A tiny (Warning: Very Explicit Nudity) would be enough.

TL;DR: Just slot a disclaimer at the front. Unless it effects anything with the story or your linguistic/writing style, it'll do you good just in case screeching Karen comes crashing down claiming that nudity "corrupts the children", then you have that warning as a rock-solid defense.
How can nudity corrupt children.

They are prolific streakers yanno.

I dont think its fanservice at all. Just, nudity?

tak

I feel like it's not sexual, but it needs a warning. Not sexual warning but a "if your parents walk in on this scene they might misunderstood" warning. But then again, this is a novel not a TV show so idk...

mr.heavy-writer

Tony's Friend
I feel like it's not sexual, but it needs a warning. Not sexual warning but a "if your parents walk in on this scene they might misunderstood" warning. But then again, this is a novel not a TV show so idk...
except you are using text to speech feature LOL

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
How can nudity corrupt children.

They are prolific streakers yanno.

I dont think its fanservice at all. Just, nudity?

Oh, if that's the case go wild. Been a while since I've had good literature nudity. Send me a link, I'll check it out. Maybe leave a few Favs if it tickles a bone or two.

Lurking

Oh, if that's the case go wild. Been a while since I've had good literature nudity. Send me a link, I'll check it out. Maybe leave a few Favs if it tickles a bone or two.
I dunno if its good literature. Im an amatuer writer.

And I wont be able to write in the next 2 or so weeks. This month is visit family month.

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
I dunno if its good literature. Im an amatuer writer.

And I wont be able to write in the next 2 or so weeks. This month is visit family month.
Everyone’s got to start at sometime. Also it’s better to write for quality so take your time.

Lurking

Everyone’s got to start at sometime. Also it’s better to write for quality so take your time.
Heh. Alright. Not sure what you mean, but this is the link.

Nyan_sempai

,✨ ILLUSTRATOR ✨
Hm, I can write completely unsexual nudity scenes, wondering if that counts for a warning for sexual content?

Its just like, a bath.

That means naked, but it doesn't mean sexual content.

What should I do? Tag it as a warning for nudity or sexual content or nothing? Currently doing nothing about it.
I agree with @Ai-chan and @tiaf

If you describe and glorify the nudity in a sexual way. Suppose you're describing how sexy their body is, how smooth is it. How sexy the wet hair looks. (Well even if you say it this way it doesn't count until you go in more details I suppose) then saying things like "took a bath, sinked into the tub" etc is very unsexual. Those who are innocent enough will probably have it censored in their heads.

It's just saying "I am going to take a shower/bath" to someone matter of factly.

Lurking

I agree with @Ai-chan and @tiaf

If you describe and glorify the nudity in a sexual way. Suppose you're describing how sexy their body is, how smooth is it. How sexy the wet hair looks. (Well even if you say it this way it doesn't count until you go in more details I suppose) then saying things like "took a bath, sinked into the tub" etc is very unsexual. Those who are innocent enough will probably have it censored in their heads.

It's just saying "I am going to take a shower/bath" to someone matter of factly.
...I don't think I have to change the rating.

Wait. Next chapter seems to be streaking thru a field of flowers wearing only glitter.

Nyan_sempai

,✨ ILLUSTRATOR ✨
...I don't think I have to change the rating.

Wait. Next chapter seems to be streaking thru a field of flowers wearing only glitter.
If it's descriptive/ erotic you better give some warning in the chapter