Is Otome Villainess NTR?

LordJoyde

kekw
I would like to say no, but the law of lol requires me to say yes.

Attachments

• tenor.png
    tenor.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 358

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
It also depends on the relationship between the villainess and the ‘target’. I wouldn’t say it’s NTR if it’s her brother (unless there’s a hidden incestuous relationship), but absolutly if it’s her fiancé. Also the POV would change what kind it is, as it would be Netori in the heroine’s POV or Netorare in the villainess’.

Jemini

Technically speaking, I think the relationship needs to be physical before you can NTR someone. As in, physical with the person being NTRed. That's usually not the case in a lot of the scenarios presented. They are usually either engaged or dating or... in some odd cases the Villainess is more like a stocker who just happens to be the one with political power.

That's speaking technically. I've seen plenty of Doujin and other such sources out there that give the NTR tag to relationships that haven't progressed to being physical yet.

Leti

Technically speaking, I think the relationship needs to be physical before you can NTR someone. As in, physical with the person being NTRed.
MotoMusu is now my favourite NTR.

happypanda

While I lie motionlessly shivering on the harsh cold floor of the dungeon,
She gyrates her hips indulging on the gentle warmth of his body.
While I thirst and long for a single drop of water,
She kisses and drinks the nectar flowing from his lips.
While I—

Yeah, its totally NTR. Things are definitely gonna get physical once the villainess is captured/banished and the marriage (or engagement) happens, anyway.

Gdjadnww

I think NTR happens when somebody you love gets her heart stolen. So if there's capture targets, which have not fallen in love with Heroine loves the villainess, it didn't count. If the capture targets have fallen in love with the Heroine fall in love with the villainess, it counts as NTR. Sorry for bad example though.

Jemini

While I lie motionlessly shivering on the harsh cold floor of the dungeon,
She gyrates her hips indulging on the gentle warmth of his body.
While I thirst and long for a single drop of water,
She kisses and drinks the nectar flowing from his lips.
While I—

Yeah, its totally NTR. Things are definitely gonna get physical once the villainess is captured/banished and the marriage (or engagement) happens, anyway.

Perhaps you didn't understand what I meant by "physical with the person being NTRed." To put it blatantly, the Villainess needs to have had sex with the male interest at least once before the protagonist can NTR her. That's the technical and most accurate version of the term NTR.
I think NTR happens when somebody you love gets her heart stolen. So if there's capture targets, which have not fallen in love with Heroine loves the villainess, it didn't count. If the capture targets have fallen in love with the Heroine fall in love with the villainess, it counts as NTR. Sorry for bad example though.

NTR is more or less the Japanese equivalent of the term Cuckoldry so far as I understand it. This means that somebody you love getting their heart stolen is not NTR. It's the person you love leaving you for someone else. Thus, another part of the definition actually is that the person you love is still in a relationship with you while the other person gets active with them.

Actually, this re-frames things. Even by the loosest definitions of NTR, Otome Villainesses do not count. The capture target would have to be already married to or still seriously dating the villainess and then have a purely physical sexual relationship with the protagonist in order for it to count as NTR. The capture target becoming more romantically interested in the protagonist and breaking off relations with the Villainess therefore does not count.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Actually, this re-frames things. Even by the loosest definitions of NTR, Otome Villainesses do not count. The capture target would have to be already married to or still seriously dating the villainess and then have a purely physical sexual relationship with the protagonist in order for it to count as NTR. The capture target becoming more romantically interested in the protagonist and breaking off relations with the Villainess therefore does not count.
You inadvertently just made a subversive premise.

Jemini

You inadvertently just made a subversive premise.
Well if someone wants to use that premise, good luck to them. It's not really my genre.

That said, I actually did have someone isekai themselves by their own power and drag a goddess along for the ride in one of my stories, and in another one of my stories I gave a character the ability to choose what kind of world he would get isekaied to and he chose a super hero world for no other reason than the fact it would have indoor plumbing, so this sort of subversive premise is not all that far outside of my typical way of thinking. My brain's just wired that way.

BenJepheneT

Well if someone wants to use that premise, good luck to them. It's not really my genre.

That said, I actually did have someone isekai themselves by their own power and drag a goddess along for the ride in one of my stories, and in another one of my stories I gave a character the ability to choose what kind of world he would get isekaied to and he chose a super hero world for no other reason than the fact it would have indoor plumbing, so this sort of subversive premise is not all that far outside of my typical way of thinking. My brain's just wired that way.
I know my guy, this is the second time you've told me

Jemini

I know my guy, this is the second time you've told me
Sorry, don't have the greatest memory for names and avitars unless there is something especially distinctive about them.

So, are you saying I tossed out a random subversive premise in a genre I'm not strong with before? Having a hard time remembering that one as well. I have vague memories of me tossing something out before once you said that, but I can't remember the specifics of what it was for the life of me.

BenJepheneT

Sorry, don't have the greatest memory for names and avitars unless there is something especially distinctive about them.

So, are you saying I tossed out a random subversive premise in a genre I'm not strong with before? Having a hard time remembering that one as well. I have vague memories of me tossing something out before once you said that, but I can't remember the specifics of what it was for the life of me.
No, I meant that you've told me about the premise of your story before.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
NTR is more or less the Japanese equivalent of the term Cuckoldry so far as I understand it. This means that somebody you love getting their heart stolen is not NTR. It's the person you love leaving you for someone else. Thus, another part of the definition actually is that the person you love is still in a relationship with you while the other person gets active with them.

Here is NU's definition:
Netorare Definition:
The protagonist or a love interest of the protagonist enters into a physical relationship with a third party and comes to prefer the third party over time, consequently either cheating or breaking up the original coupling.

If the protagonist is the one doing the seducing, use "Netori" instead.

If there's no evolution from unwillingness to infatuation, use "Adultery" instead.
So, using NU's definition, a story has NTR, if the love interest of the protagonist has sex with a third party and ends up liking the 3rd party. The protagonist does not have to have had sex first.

By NU's standards, Otome Villainess can totally count.

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
Here is NU's definition:

So, using NU's definition, a story has NTR, if the love interest of the protagonist has sex with a third party and ends up liking the 3rd party. The protagonist does not have to have had sex first.

By NU's standards, Otome Villainess can totally count.
Implying that the heroine has sex with the other party, yes.

Not all heroines in Otome novels do so. Rather, it seems like the vast majority don’t... but yes, Otome villainess novels can count by that definition.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Implying that the heroine has sex with the other party, yes.

Not all heroines in Otome novels do so. Rather, it seems like the vast majority don’t... but yes, Otome villainess novels can count by that definition.
Well, from what I get from the premise of the thread, it is talking about how the Heroine in the original Otome Game is NTRing the Villainess.

And well, the Otome Game usually ends with a happily ever after for the heroine, so she'd probably marry and have children with the capture target eventually... Which would mean they'd have offscreen sex.

So, while considering the stuff that would happen after the end of the Otome Game itself, I think almost all Otome Villainess would count~