Is Otome Villainess NTR?

Jemini

No, I meant that you've told me about the premise of your story before.
Well, this is kinda a public forum. And did I say the premise for the second one before? Anyway, just because I'm repeating it doesn't necessarily mean I'm specifically targeting it at you. Just general talk on something that is relevant to the conversation.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Well, this is kinda a public forum. And did I say the premise for the second one before? Anyway, just because I'm repeating it doesn't necessarily mean I'm specifically targeting it at you. Just general talk on something that is relevant to the conversation.
No, it was just a simple mention that you've told me that before. There's no ulterior motive; just that.

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
Well, from what I get from the premise of the thread, it is talking about how the Heroine in the original Otome Game is NTRing the Villainess.

And well, the Otome Game usually ends with a happily ever after for the heroine, so she'd probably marry and have children with the capture target eventually... Which would mean they'd have offscreen sex.

So, while considering the stuff that would happen after the end of the Otome Game itself, I think almost all Otome Villainess would count~
Well, by the definition you provided, it’s saying that sex happened BEFORE the capture target falls for the heroine. Or at least before they break off from the villainess.

Jemini

Well, by the definition you provided, it’s saying that sex happened BEFORE the capture target falls for the heroine. Or at least before they break off from the villainess.

My point exactly. This is why I say no, it's not NTR. At least not in the case of most otome game novels. It seems like @AlphaRetard is advocating for using the notion of what would really make it NTR as an interesting subversive take on the genre. I have to agree, it kind of would be interesting and I might have even considered writing it myself if it weren't for the fact that I am more of a high fantasy isekai adventure writer and am not really into the otome game genre.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Ah... Mmmmmmm... I guess it does indeed~

You're right, my bad~

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
Ah... Mmmmmmm... I guess it does indeed~

You're right, my bad~
Now to throw you a bone; there are many who consider ‘physical relationship’ rather than sex to be NTR, which would include kissing, thus immensely expanding it’s reach through Otome novels.
In their defense, if I found my significant other kissing or being groped by another person and enjoying it, I’d absolutely consider it NTR. Of course it’s not sex, but still a physical relationship.

Jemini

My point exactly. This is why I say no, it's not NTR. At least not in the case of most otome game novels. It seems like @AlphaRetard is advocating for using the notion of what would really make it NTR as an interesting subversive take on the genre. I have to agree, it kind of would be interesting and I might have even considered writing it myself if it weren't for the fact that I am more of a high fantasy isekai adventure writer and am not really into the otome game genre.

Come to think of it, I actually do have one of my series poised to place my MC in a capture target's position. I already have it in my plans to have him set up in an arranged marriage.

Most web novel writers would call this making him a harem protagonist. Most traditional novel writers would call it a love triangle. I, as usual, say "it all depends on implementation," and there are certain implementations of these themes (such as making monogomy a strong standard in this world with harems being off limits) that would, when combined with other things, move him in the direction of being a "capture target."

I think it would really change what I'm trying to do with that series to seriously implement this, but I might consider playing with it as a little bit of a B or C plot. I actually was wavering between treating the arranged marriage partner as a yandere or more of a weird combination between tsundere and militant kudere traits. This adds villainess as an option, because the plot of the story and her position in the world DEFINITELY allows for her to be set up as a villainess.

Last edited: