Is the cloudflare captcha really necessary?

Serkadion

That's a Cloudflare problem, not a Scribble Hub problem. All that can be done locally is turning up or down the level of scrutiny.

Though, if you happen to be using a VPN, I would recommend changing the VPN endpoint and see if that helps. Some of them seem to get huge amounts of bot traffic, like Mozilla VPN's Chicago endpoint. Heck, I couldn't connect through there without getting a captcha just trying to run a Google search.
I didn't say it was a ScribbleHub problem. I just said that it was poorly implemented.

Nope, not on a VPN. Mostly, I don't see the point. I'm not doing anything I care about hiding, and I'm not trying to reach geographically restricted materials. I'm a T-Mobile customer, and I use my hotspot. However, if I'm on-site, my laptop switches to the on-site wireless, being faster and more reliable. Then I switch back to the hotspot while on the way to the next customer.

Now, very weirdly, I was reading today, and going from upstairs to downstairs apparently triggered the captcha. Same wireless. However, I didn't get it when I switched to my hotspot on the way to a customer site.

I don't expect ScribbleHub to change anything. However, if the person _paying_ Cloudflare provides feedback, that's where it can be fixed. Cloudflare would just ignore me, no matter how detailed of information I gave them.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I didn't say it was a ScribbleHub problem. I just said that it was poorly implemented.

Nope, not on a VPN. Mostly, I don't see the point. I'm not doing anything I care about hiding, and I'm not trying to reach geographically restricted materials. I'm a T-Mobile customer, and I use my hotspot. However, if I'm on-site, my laptop switches to the on-site wireless, being faster and more reliable. Then I switch back to the hotspot while on the way to the next customer.

Now, very weirdly, I was reading today, and going from upstairs to downstairs apparently triggered the captcha. Same wireless. However, I didn't get it when I switched to my hotspot on the way to a customer site.

I don't expect ScribbleHub to change anything. However, if the person _paying_ Cloudflare provides feedback, that's where it can be fixed. Cloudflare would just ignore me, no matter how detailed of information I gave them.
As Tony already said, he has to keep Cloudflare up at the current level because there were too many bots slowing down the site.

There just isn't anything he can do about it. I know it annoys you, but until he feels like the bot level has slowed down enough, he'll have to keep this level of Cloudflare up in order to keep the site functioning normally.