Is there a story written in the POV of a drunk person?

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
Okay, maybe not a full length story, maybe a chapter, or short story.

Anyway, as I'm working on my latest chapter, I needed a reason for character A to bump into character B late at night. Character A couldn't sleep and just takes a stroll while character B, I figured they got drunk and are just strolling in a stupor. But I don't drink, let alone never experienced being drunk, so I dropped it and will come up with something else.

But I got curious if there are any stories out there where someone wrote something as if they were drunk. Would it make a difference? This is assuming the story is first person.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Alcohol affects different people in different ways, so I don't think there is a wrong way to write the scene.
Here is a movie I recommend:

PorksWithoutRibs

Are you looking exclusively for novels? The only one I can think about right now is "Best Served Cold", a vengeance story from Joe Abercrombie. It has a lot of POV and one of them is from an alcoholic. Sorry if this is a stretch, but it's the only thing I could think about

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
I’ve written a drunk interviewer who is a demon goddess interviewing a normal human barista for a position as a demon lord, but haven’t gotten around to publishing it yet.