Is there a way to see who rates your Novel?

QueiterNoises

A while ago, I got a 1-star rating but was unable to see who did it, so I'm not sure if they are someone who has actually read my novel, or just someone trolling around and ruining ratings on people. I was wondering if there was a way to see who it was, or if there was a statistic to show how much said reader actually read before rating me.

It's not a huge deal, but with little ratings on my novel, "Booty Conqueror" it makes it look bad. Also, is there a similar way to see who dropped your novel? I've seen a few have dropped mine but again, I don't know who or when they stopped reading. Just trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong as an author, and can change things to develop my story better.

D

Deleted member 57675

A while ago, I got a 1-star rating but was unable to see who did it, so I'm not sure if they are someone who has actually read my novel, or just someone trolling around and ruining ratings on people. I was wondering if there was a way to see who it was, or if there was a statistic to show how much said reader actually read before rating me.
No, you won't see who did the rating, only for the reviews. I don't think you can see how much a specific reader read up to where. That seems kinda private.
It's not a huge deal, but with little ratings on my novel, "Booty Conqueror" it makes it look bad. Also, is there a similar way to see who dropped your novel? I've seen a few have dropped mine but again, I don't know who or when they stopped reading. Just trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong as an author, and can change things to develop my story better.
And what exactly will you do if you found out who dropped your novel? Dm everyone of them asking why?

If they drop and didn't say anything, its better to let it drop peacefully and quietly.

Last edited by a moderator:

QueiterNoises

No, you won't see who did the rating, only for the reviews. I don't think you can see how much a specific reader read up to where. That seems kinda private.

And what exactly will you do if you found out who dropped your novel? Dm everyone of them asking why?

If they drop and didn't say anything, its better to let it drop peacefully and quietly.
I didn't plan to ask everyone who drops my novel, just thought that I would like to see some more of the specifics. To see what kind of demographic I'm doing well with and which ones I'm not. I just thought it would be nice to have all my stats available for my viewing rather than just teasing me.

D

Deleted member 57675

I didn't plan to ask everyone who drops my novel, just thought that I would like to see some more of the specifics. To see what kind of demographic I'm doing well with and which ones I'm not.
You can ask directly in the comments section of your chapters how readers feel about your story and where its going. Remember to take some with salt, and some with sugar.

But to see a sepcific user, say example @Yierjandrays, drop your story - how are you going to see the demographics? Are you going to follow them through every story they read, bookmarked, dropped and commented on just to guess why they may have dropped your particular story? Cause umm...that sounds...

And that's just to help give you a guess why they dropped it. You can't tell for sure unless they directly say what's on their mind bout it.

One other thing is some readers may be afraid to comment why they dropped. It could easily be seen as negative criticism and an author might take offense to that. So this may contribute to the silent reading and story dropping.

I just thought it would be nice to have all my stats available for my viewing rather than just teasing me.
Imo, maybe a writer doesn't need to see the dropped stats in user general alltogether. Lot of authors on here already have a hard time taking criticism and it doesn't really tell you why people dropped it, so it doesn't do much but just festers some negative thoughts for some writers.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Check every computer on earth to see which ones are logged into SH, and which of those rated your story

Deeprotsorcerer

Skeletal Eromancer
If you really want to balance out the ratings for your novel, advertise it. Go to Reddit, ask masochistic people like me for reviews, join discussions and make a Twitter account. Get your work out there. I know it's uncomfortable to do so, especially if you're introverted or weary about being loud with your smut, but you gotta be like a true booty warrior and shout your lewdness out from the mountaintops.

After you accrue 100 more ratings, good or bad, that one 1 star will mean significantly less, you're more likely to get the feedback you want that way, too. Even if you do track down the person that gave you that rating, their advice may not be valid or actionable.

I will read Booty Conqueror.

D

Deleted member 54065

There's a way to do it, though it's tedious and success of tracking not guaranteed.

Check your story's stats, then you can click on the names of each reader who previously read your work. You can see their rating for it, provided, they 'bookmarked' or 'subscribed' to your story.

D

Deleted member 57675

Wait really?
There's a dropped teading list option for readers. Idk if they have disable option so others can see what they dropped or not. Assuming if they even use it too.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Nope. If you ever find out, though, send them to me so they can give me a one-star rating!