Writing Is there an audience for this here?

LWFlouisa

While I still write novellas and novelettes every now and then, I actually do more poetry. Aside from verse novels that I've seen others do in some places ( there is a whole technical thing about the difference between verse and poetry ), is there an audience here?

Or is that just something I need to find out on my own?

Last edited:

mrsimple

Writer
Ya might wanna check it out for yourself. I have my doubts there's an audience here, but that dun mean there's none to be found. If more poetry starts sprouting and spreading around here, and maybe more poets pop on up, then that could attract a crew or more of interested readers. :blob_popcorn:

Llamadragon

I enjoy poetry, but I come to scribblehub for cheap novels. I'm not sure there's an audience either. But it won't hurt to try. Upload some and see if people like it. If nothing else, you might be able to find collaborators to get some attention to your work - lots of novels contain poetry or lyrics as part of the story plot but are written by people who write fiction, not poetry. Perhaps you can do something with that.

Elateam

Fish and Chips Salesperson
I first wrote poetry before I started writing a story and I'd have to agree with the others, you'll have to figure it out on your own as I have been. With my poems, I decided to put them into my story rather than creating a separate series since my poems act as shameless exposition for my story. Most people who come on this site are firstly readers of fiction and then poetry just because the site itself is geared towards prose readers. This doesn't mean that there isn't a poetry audience, but that there hasn't been enough poetry to build up a large community of readers here.

LWFlouisa

Went ahead and took a chance then. Word of heads up though: you might notice a difference between my short fiction written after I got back into poetry, and my short fiction where I hadn't done poetry in a few years.

I very recently got back into it. ( Specifically, after I gave up writing Script for comics. )

Wretch

Undead men tell tales
AHHHHH! Other people who write poetry! I thought I was the only one, but thankfully you guys are here too! I honestly think we should just nurture an audience. I posted a poetry compilation but idk if anyone would even think to read it (most likely because of the way I named it). Also @LWFlouisa you mentioned some verse novels and I can say I would be interested in reading them.

LWFlouisa

AHHHHH! Other people who write poetry! I thought I was the only one, but thankfully you guys are here too! I honestly think we should just nurture an audience. I posted a poetry compilation but idk if anyone would even think to read it (most likely because of the way I named it). Also @LWFlouisa you mentioned some verse novels and I can say I would be interested in reading them.

Nah I meant as an example of something that's verse instead of poetry. I don't specifically do verse novels myself. But yes the poetry audience here should absolutely be nurtured.

Edited to make the clarification. I don't write verse novels.:P

Not to say I wouldn't do that, but I haven't done one like that so far.

Wretch

Undead men tell tales
Nah I meant as an example of something that's verse instead of poetry. I don't specifically do verse novels myself. But yes the poetry audience here should absolutely be nurtured.

Edited to make the clarification. I don't write verse novels.:P

Not to say I wouldn't do that, but I haven't done one like that so far.
Aww, but that's okay, just having other poetry lovers here is enough. I haven't ever written like a full-blown verse-novel, but I have written a few stories. I know some people who have attempted to do so though.