Is this a bug? xD

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
evidence.png

I'm kind of being legit serious. I didn't think it was possible for a story with only 800+ views to get on trending - also, I haven't seen any uptick in views from a few hours ago. :blob_frown:

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
View attachment 7152
I'm kind of being legit serious. I didn't think it was possible for a story with only 800+ views to get on trending - also, I haven't seen any uptick in views from a few hours ago. :blob_frown:
We can never be sure, since none of us here know what requirement you need to be on Trending....

WasatchWind

We can never be sure, since none of us here know what requirement you need to be on Trending....
Well, I haven't gotten a new reader in five hours.... so something seems off. I'd expect that at least one new person would be looking.
Okay, I looked in an incognito window - it isn't on there. I didn't think this was a thing. It filters by genre doesn't it according to your preference? Does this just cement how little fantasy readers there are on the site?
Yep. I did it from an incognito tab - if you deselect isekai and select fantasy, my story will show up. Just kinda sad now - either there's not nearly as many fantasy readers on the site as I thought there were, or they just aren't interested in my book...

Last edited:

Mythonian

As another person writing a non-isekai fantasy story, I understand your sadness. For better or worse, isekai fantasy is simply more popular.

The trending list does indeed filter according to your Release Filtering. IMO it'd be better to show the appropriate rank for any story that shows up because some genres are hidden (e.g., maybe your story ranked 20th, so it would say that instead of 4th). Would be more reliable for authors to identify whether they actually reached trending or not. Or at least include an asterisk or something so it's not so deceptive.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It is a March 32 special?

D

Deleted member 45782

No wonder if you disabled some stuff like filtering out some genres...

Hey I've filtered out non-isekai, reincarnation, transmigration, litrpg, smut, etc etc. stuff. Can't remember which exactly but after a lot of those filtering out related tags and certain genres, then there's kinda limited recommendations.

But hey on the bright side...you're one of a kind. :D
If more people want fantasy genre like your kind of story and go through all that filtering, yours is probably in the top recommended list since there's less other stories that drown yours like other places such as perhaps wattpad.

WasatchWind

No wonder if you disabled some stuff like filtering out some genres...

Hey I've filtered out non-isekai, reincarnation, transmigration, litrpg, smut, etc etc. stuff. Can't remember which exactly but after a lot of those filtering out related tags and certain genres, then there's kinda limited recommendations.

But hey on the bright side...you're one of a kind. :D
If more people want fantasy genre like your kind of story and go through all that filtering, yours is probably in the top recommended list since there's less other stories that drown yours like other places such as perhaps wattpad.
That's true - I'm trying to get more people with fantasy inclinations to come over to this site, both IRL and online. Maybe it might change something. Maybe if I just dedicate myself purely to making a good story I'll have success on the site just by brute force so to speak.

WasatchWind

Imagine writing a story, get less popularity, see it suddenly on trending and realize it's just an april fools joke...
-This post was made by procrastination gang
Gosh, wouldn't that just be the cruelest thing? Make it so that people with only like ten views on their books think they see their story on trending when it really shows that just for them. I hate April Fools day.

D

Deleted member 45782

Imagine writing a story, get less popularity, see it suddenly on trending and realize it's just an april fools joke...
-This post was made by procrastination gang
OOh, now that sounds fun...
Maybe if I just dedicate myself purely to making a good story I'll have success on the site just by brute force so to speak.
Yup. That's also what I want to do too. I know I can't really win that big atm (also bc laziness + other stuff) since there's a few tropes that are very popular, but hey, since when does any writing platform have no specific popular trope?

Wasn't there a phrase if you wanna move a mountain, you're gonna have to do it yourself? read it some old chinese tale of a lady telling her son to move the mountain but eventually did it herself. could be wrong though.

My belief is to push through. If you make it with all your effort and hard work, and eventually your story gets popular on here, then there will be some that will be copycats or want to follow you. Maybe enough that it will become a genre in itself when so many stories use that specific trope. You'll start a trend that more people want to get into, whether for reading or writing.

But until then, just gotta keep pushing that content through.

Last edited by a moderator:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
View attachment 7152
Views don't update in real time to not put a strain on the server, but they're still accounted for for the sake of trending.

The number is probably higher, but you didn't see the real number due to the system's delay.