Is this cheating? NTR?

Mr.Grey-Cat

oh, I remember that. it was in that movie, were the guy time traveled and had sex with his wife, even though at that time, she is already married to him. so the past version of him was a little angry, I think, who know?

by the way, the movie's name is:

The Time Traveler's Wife

_oinkchan

Is this NTR?

When a character goes back to the past and have sex with the person they will marry in the future? Kinda confuse with my moral compass here.
I don't think so
Is this NTR?

When a character goes back to the past and have sex with the person they will marry in the future? Kinda confuse with my moral compass here.
Not really....... If your past self hasn't met your future wife it isn't ntr.

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
Is this NTR?

If that person is dating the past character while knowing that the past-traveller character isn't the past character chronically, then it's cheating

tounokenja

Gyaru connoisseur
If you're getting a blast of the ol' white stuff and it's got the same DNA, gotta say it's not NTR.

Aoi_Sora

Urgh... with your answers guys, I don't know which direction will I swing my moral compass but thanks for the answers.

*mumbles to myself* I'm sure it is not NTR when the past character goes in the threesome though.

BlackKnightX

Is this NTR?

Go back to the past like what? Like go back and possess the past body, or go back as another entity?

If it's the former, then it's not NTR since you're the same person. But if it's the later, then yes, it is NTR.

Kinda funny, though. Imagine getting cucked by yourself. 😂

CL

Is this NTR?

This would be a yes and no, but for theoretical excuses. If time cannot be changed, then the time traveler and their past self is the exact same person, but if time can be changed and it creates non-linear timelines, then it's cheating because the same person is no longer identical. This is from the affair (one that did not occur in the time traveler's timeline) that disrupted the past and begun creating a new future for the couple.

Ununique

Messiah of Alternate Accounts.
oh, I remember that. it was in that movie, were the guy time traveled and had sex with his wife, even though at that time, she is already married to him. so the past version of him was a little angry, I think, who know?

by the way, the movie's name is:

The Time Traveler's Wife

Nah the time traveler/husband was mad because him and his wife tried having kids but the fetuses kept time traveling and dying so he had a vasectomy only for her to sleep with a younger version of him that hadn't gotten the operation yet and hence he time travels to find out this child actually makes it. Now is this NTR? No and Yes.

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
If you take away the timey whimey stuff, that makes the question a little clearer. The question would become, "Is it possible to cheat on someone with themselves?" and the answer is... Yes. Cheating is a betrayal, so if someone was or felt betrayed, it's cheating.

For it not to be cheating, all four(the time traveler, their wife, and their younger selves) people would need to be aware and consent to the arrangement.

Though some people could be removed and make it not cheating. For instance, the wife dies before the time traveler goes back in time, meaning only the time traveler and the two younger selves need to consent. If the two younger selves aren't dating/married yet, then the younger version of the time traveler has no say in the matter.

Oddly, the situation I thought of when reading this... Let's call them Alice and Bob. Bob goes back in time, and young Alice gets pregnant. Old Bob then disappears, for some reason, and Young Bob steps in to help Young Alice raise the kid, thus creating a... Let's call it self-fulfilling prophecy. Vaguely Like this.

ElijahRyne

Not that Lazy…
Is this NTR?

Well, if you and your future wife are in an open relationship, and she informs your past self about her past and your current self’s relationship, I would not count it. Cheating, in context to a relationship, is typically becoming intimate with someone with/without your partner’s knowledge, with either the intent to harm, or which leads to it. You or your partner(s) can have relationships with others, as long as all partners agree to it.

In example: My grandma is married to my grandpa, but he might get Alzheimer’s, so he allows her to date someone else. So my grandma is married to and dating different people at the same time. She loves them both.

So, if past you and wife know, and are fine with, future you will have sex with past self, then it is not cheating.