Is this considered a harem?

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
I have an idea for a novel:

The MC loves a girl. Pretty standard so far.
However, the girl has multiple personality disorder. Basically she turns into a different person every time the MC meets her.
And the MC's determined to make all 14 of her personalities love him.

This concludes my ted talk on how to make a harem novel without putting on the harem tag

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Reverse harem would be more fun in that scenario, but that's just me. You do you.
Also, it's called Dissociative Identity Disorder or DID for short these days.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Sounds fun, but you’ll be canceled if you don’t do it with 100% scientific accuracy even though a majority of TikTok kids who claim to have DID are just acting, because maybe if they are more interesting then maybe their parents will have to pay attention to them.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
Sounds fun, but you’ll be canceled if you don’t do it with 100% scientific accuracy even though a majority of TikTok kids who claim to have DID are just acting, because maybe if they are more interesting then maybe their parents will have to pay attention to them.
Yeah, I think changing its concept to 'this girl have 14 souls residing in her body because of some experimentations' would be... better?

KrisVFX

God of Creation
I have an idea for a novel:

The MC loves a girl. Pretty standard so far.
However, the girl has multiple personality disorder. Basically she turns into a different person every time the MC meets her.
And the MC's determined to make all 14 of her personalities love him.

This concludes my ted talk on how to make a harem novel without putting on the harem tag
i think there's already a short manga somewhere with that kind of development. But in that case, all personalities love the mc somehow.

Navtz

That would probably be abuse of the mentally ill, not harem
Why would that be abuse?
From his description it seemed pretty normal for a romance story, kinda different but there was an Adam Sandler movie with that woman who forgets everything, I can't remember but it was a sweet relationship... Nah, I can't remember.

MajorKerina

I like the concept. The issue would be how the idea gets executed. It sounds like the kind of thing that a manga or anime would get some definite criticism for but also sounds fun.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
The more pressing question is "Would it be murder on multiple cases or just suicide if one of those personalities is a Yandere"?

Tblew

It would be a harem if the girl's "souls" instantly like the MC right off the bat. And there is some creep factor in the MC thinking that he can't get anyone to "fall" in love with him. Maybe change that to MC liking a girl and just trying to woo her.