Is this okay

Puppetboi

I've taken up writing as a hobby recently and decided to post online as I do want to improve and I know that if anybody can give good criticism it's the internet.

Anyways I plan to make the first arc more or less an introduction to ideas, systems, people, and overall themes. I've tried to keep it entertaining but I think everything would work better if I focus more on setting a clear mystery and world instead of starting off with fights.

Would that be fine for the the record I've released 4 chapters so far.

While I'm at it what else could I improve on other than the pace. I understand that the starting pace has been iffy.

OneSixSeven

Advocate of Headpatting and Handholding
I normally use Italics for 'Character Thoughts', teasing and provoking. I learned and used it since my days of writing fanfiction at fanfiction.net and reading translated light novels in a form PDF file by Calibre program. I don't use ( ), [ ] and so for character thoughts because if I did so, there's a chance that it'll act 'funny' in other story host website's text editors.

I read your story's chapter. I think there should be some checking before publishing it. I noticed that in chapter 1. You should keep in mind of "words sounding the same but different spelling and meaning" because that's one of the common mistakes I encountered so far even in fanfiction before discovering Scribblehub. Maybe a dictionary might help you a bit.

That's all.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Anyways I plan to make the first arc more or less an introduction to ideas, systems, people, and overall themes. I've tried to keep it entertaining but I think everything would work better if I focus more on setting a clear mystery and world instead of starting off with fights.
This seems like a solid plan, go for it~