Is your grandpa a badass?

Tempokai

Overworked One
My father side grandpa was a pilot in WW2. He had a two medals, I don't remember which. Sadly, he disappeared after very serious scandal before I was born, so I can't verify his badassness and if he alive or not.

So the question: is your grandpa a badass?

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
my late grandfather on my mom's side was a soldier under a fake name, then joined a motorcycle gang and then retired for a barbershop; too bad my step-grandma was a bloodsucker who took over his will; it'd be cool to inherit his leather working station
my grandfather on my father's side is a southern preacher and an asshole

Hisaxia

My grandfather kept trying to teach me the importance of having five girlfriends and was kicked out of multiple nursing homes. So I mean yes but no.

Twin

Well, my grandpa was the accident that created 12 children (most of them count as my uncles) so... he probably never held back in sowing.

WingsOfPhantasy

Tomboy Agenda Symphathizer
Depends on how broad the definition of badass stretches to.
My gramps(Mother's side) ain't no Hollywood movie star badass, but he is damn good at trade jobs.
Kinda like MacGyver if he decided to pick up and stick to architecture, plumbing, handiwork, DIY, etc.
You'd be hard-pressed to find something in the house he mostly built himself that he couldn't fix. (Other than some stubborn family members and their issues, but hey he tried his best, and you can't win 'em all right?)

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
My father side grandpa was a pilot in WW2. He had a two medals, I don't remember which. Sadly, he disappeared after very serious scandal before I was born, so I can't verify his badassness and if he alive or not.

Yes, he ran moonshine and flew planes illegally.

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
My grandpa has a sad backstory. He is a bastard son of a father he sought acknowledgment but was never given attention. His father was a successful man, a scientist even.

The said grandfather even managed to get a valedictorian in high school despite the lack of a mother, and his father's total devil may care attitude. Moreover, at my grandfather's graduation, his father didn't even put effort to see him. Literally, no one was there by his side when he reached the stage.

I don't know how rough his childhood is, but I can only imagine. Under the care of a distant relative of his mother's, my grandfather grew to be a badass— at least according to my father, auntie, and uncle— my grandfather's very spawns.

He is alcoholic, smokes a lot, but has a damn musculature physique that would even shame Adonis. When he walks, there is this awesomeness, he is multi-talented too not to boot.

Knows boxing, has great craftsmanship, and is smart. I recall my father's fondness when he tells me stories of how his father created a makeshift gun using the lumber and a rubber band. Do you know what its bullets are? Caps. The solid stuff, the kind that would make you bleed.

Despite all of these talents my grandpa has, he doesn't have a well-paying job. He works as a carpenter slaving his strength to you know what.

Then he died about at age of 40. My father was about ten years old at that time. How badass is that?

They were still living in the slums at that time.

This story isn't fiction, and yes, it's emotionally packed.

Last edited:

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...

He’s a neet.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
He (used to) ride harleys, has copd, and is an 80+ year old pervert.

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
Just an add-on.

Meanwhile, my grandfather on my mother's side is a fisherman. He provides food, house, and happiness to his family. Has 13 children, all women... also has the vices of drinking and smoking harsher than my father's grandpa...

He died of old age. Also a badass, no?

Last edited:

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
You aren't qualified to know of the infinite badassary of my granpa

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
My grandpa fought in WWII and Korea. In WWII, he was one of the POV survivors of the Bataan death march.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
My grandfather on my mother's side was one of the few engineers for the early Lockheed Martin stealth planes. He also fought in Vietnam and was well known for riding his stationary bike in the nude in open view of a Denver highway. There have been numerous complaints.

My grandfather on my dad's side would work for the old crop duster and drop fresh paper bags of cow turds on unsuspecting bystanders. He also flushed cherry bombs down toilets in the second floor of his highschool. This caused the girls bathroom wall to explode, covering 30 people in shit and piss water. He never told my grandmother, one of the people present for the explosion until he accidentally told the story in front of her at Thanksgiving 46 years later. She laughed her ass off before having him apologize for making her lie to her mother because she assured her that he had nothing to do with it.

Both grandpa's had badass pasts. These are just a few of these things.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
They're both dead, so . . .

One grandpa was a great prankster. He ran around a mall with his five children putting mustaches on mannequins until they got kicked out.

My other grandpa was a nutritionist without a good sense of humor. One time, his kids got sneaky and replaced his beer with soda. He took one sip and yelled, "I've been poisoned!"

ACertainPassingUser

Short answer : No

Long asnwer :
My grandpa isn't badass. But he's not that much of a bad person. The good person is my grandma, she's the one that carry my burden of a grandpa.

Granpa has rough childhood and trying his best to escape from his bad past and fulfilling his dream. He was once a office worker with good payment, but suddenly change job as driver from dealer next town at Toyota to deliver cars from next town to ours, either with trucks or drive the car individually.

All for the driving sensation he long in his life. Defined found his calling as another useless driver.

And such job surely didn't have good payment, not just because he can't find the opportunity to get high paid driver job, but also he didn't have good spending habit.

But that bastard of my grandpa dare to have 4 children and force his child to live in near poverty, to the point of his wife, my grandma, has to do everything to reduce spendings, cut cost and only buy necessary stuff.

His only good part is his personality, good at making friends, and never hurt his children or family. He has soft and kind personality.

But it also back fires as he also treat his friends to dinner while forgetting his own family. and once he has a small Car repair shop of his own, idk when, but many of his tools were borrowed by his friends and they never returned them, And they kept borrowing until the car repair shop didn't have enough tool to kept running.

What's stupid mistake for being a loser against his friends. Definitely not a beta male, proven by his confidence in personality and not being pushed around by others. but he's an alpha male that were being used by his opportunistic friends.

My mother, were the third daughter of the 4 siblings. Albeit they live in near poverty, ptheir house is an actual mansion from War era in a place close to a city center.

The mansion is already sold to a company long time ago. but my grandpa and his mother, the great-granma, is living in the mansion Live by renting on the company.

Later on, great-grandma died and my grandpa lost a lot of money to pay for his mother's debt. what a pair of bastard mother and loser son. Should've fight her mother and force her to submission long time ago, instead of letting her abuse him and kept accumulate debt.

Because my grandpa suddenly became poor, he choose to not pay the rent, because he hire a bad lawyer when he ask for money consultation. What a bad decision, expected of a stupid redneck truck driver.

And the company who own the house is angry and want our family to leave from that mansion. The worst part is that were forced to restore the mansion to the condition it was before, and those renovations need to be undone.

Of course we don't even have money to buy a new house, nor the restoration. Thankfully there's a "pity money" from the judge and the company for my Granpa and Granma to buy a new house. I would rather hope they became homeless and died on the street for how bad my grandpa decisions on his life was.

My grandpa's son and daughter are all gone, they're either married to another or moving out from city. Only my mother left to take care of them.

Luckily my mother has good connections at her company, plus she has new potential-husband from that company (a.k.a my father). So he decided to help moving items from the house and destroying some part of the mansion to restore it to the condition it was before.

After the whole debacle, my father decided to leave my mom pregnant and go back to his home country. Well, bad mother gave bad daughter, and my mom definitely inherit my grandma's talent for choosing bad or useless guys. My father definitely love my mother, but he can't even fight his own mother against arranged marriage.

Such classic cliche, because my father is mama boy that comes from a fuckin old family with reputation. Idk if they're rich or not, but its Definitely hard to fight his own native culture back then.

The my grandpa continue became driver, untuk he eventually retires. And he finally sold his antique car that were too costly, slow and hard to mantainz and buy a japanese minivan that were bought with his own money.

In my childhood, I enjoy driving around with him and he's nice person so I can't see his background. But later on, he decided to sold his car to help his son-in-law paying his car's Down payment.

The son-in-law would use the car for his car rental business, idk what my grandpa gets from that deal. But I'm rather dissatisfied for not being able to drive together. I'm definitely disappointed and rather angry back then.

Later on my granpa realize his reliance for his wife when grandma finally died. Grandma always love his "reliable and useful in life, but unreliable in money making" husband. Helping him and stay loyal despite living in poverty and enduring the abuse of mother-in-law is definitely hard. My grandma is a "Chad" if it's about husband loyalty.

I'm kinda disappointed for her not to share her cooking skill to any of her son/daughter. She insisted that "you will learn/you can learn when you're already married", but she herself is having trained by a good tutor back then.

Anyway, my grandpa suddenly help household duty for his sadness and grandma death didn't affect him that much on the surface. He's rather mature.

Later on he stopped helping household duty, and live in complacency within another of his daughter house. His condition got worse since he's forced to love in bedroom with air conditioner all the time.

But one day, his son get sick and died. He lost his will to live, get sick, and died one year later.

So yeah, a story of another person called my grandpa. I'm kinda angry so the story may be clearly biased and tinted with red lens, but whatever.

He's definitely not useless in real life, since he can repair a lot of stuff at home. From electrical and mechanical engines. But he just can't save money properly.

So yeah. Thanks for reading this wall of text made of frustration venting.

I won't blame if you skip it tho, I would like to skip this as well.

Last edited:

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
my paternal grandfather lived in occupied Guernsey so no badassery from him, and the maternal grandfather was a dick who wasn't allowed to enlist because he had diabetes. He was a total dick to my gran who did enlist, because he thought that should have been him. He died young, I never knew him.
Great granddad on that side fought at the Somme, earned medals, and lived to tell the tale. He was Welsh, we go back to the ultimate Welsh badass Rhys Thomas.

WeissBlatt

I am become hiatus
Both of my grandfathers died long before my parents even dated, so I wouldn't know. I think my maternal grandfather was boxing with a friend before dying or something like that.