Recommendations Isekai actually steals someone important

BlackKnightX

You know, in most of those isekai stories we (usually) have some unimportant person from Earth (who sometimes doesn't even want to stay on Earth), be kidnapped (sometimes even after death) to another world and be given very much power. That... Kinda irks me (although I sorta kinda wrote a story with this premise but my hypocrisy notwithstanding, it still is not a premise I enjoy a lot). In the end, we have a kind of a victimless crime situation, where everyone is happy and all is well.
And I get it, escapism is the point. But I don't like it much anyway.
Wouldn't kidnapping an important person (like the president of some huge country) make more sense? Like, imagine this. Your civilization is at peril. Your world is at peril even. You really need something to change the game, so you resort to cannibalising other worlds for vital resources in it.
Having the main character go "I can't be here, my people need me, unhand me" seems more grounded and seem to have higher stakes than other alternatives.
I'm sure someone wrote a story similar to what I have described already.
Give recs.
In “The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat”, the protagonist is the best assassin on earth.

BlackKnightX

I mean it isn't like his very important.

Just a really good hitman.
I don’t know. Though, it’s clearly stated by the goddess and the author—even in the title, lol—that’s he‘s the best on earth. Of course, I don’t know if he still holds that title in the new world; maybe at the end of the story?

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
I don’t know. Though, it’s clearly stated by the goddess and the author—even in the title, lol—that’s he‘s the best on earth. Of course, I don’t know if he still holds that title in the new world; maybe at the end of the story?
Even if you're the best on Earth you don't had much to offer except for your offensive abilities, and if your are in generic medieval land, even without the magic, a lot of your fighting techniques are going to be neutered.

Because polearms are a thing.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Even if you're the best on Earth you don't had much to offer except for your offensive abilities, and if your are in generic medieval land, even without the magic, a lot of your fighting techniques are going to be neutered.

That and just about every long-reaching martial weapon.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
That and just about every long-reaching martial weapon.
Unarmed martial arts only really became needed if their was a huge control on weapons like in China or Japan.

Or if it served as a way assist armed fights. Grappling was actually commonly used by knights of medieval Europe.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Unarmed martial arts only really became needed if their was a huge control on weapons like in China or Japan.

Or if it served as a way assist armed fights. Grappling was actually commonly used by knights of medieval Europe.
You would also be surprised at how many shields were used as blunt weapons when their weapons were too long to maneuver in close quarters.

BlackKnightX

He’s still got some powerful skills before reincarnating, and couple with his experience as the best assassin on earth, I’d say he’s pretty damn OP—and should actually get the goddess’ mission done, if not for some other reason.

NobleTalon

Wouldn't kidnapping an important person (like the president of some huge country) make more sense? Like, imagine this. Your civilization is at peril. Your world is at peril even. You really need something to change the game, so you resort to cannibalising other worlds for vital resources in it.
Having the main character go "I can't be here, my people need me, unhand me" seems more grounded and seem to have higher stakes than other alternatives.
I'm sure someone wrote a story similar to what I have described already.
Give recs.

It isn't exactly the same but the light novels Gate : Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri are kinda similar.

A gate opens in the middle of tokyo, monsters and otherwordly humans (medieval/magic type) come out and slaughter civils, they kidnap a few of them and go back to their world.

The japanese gouvernment is pissed so they send the auto defense forces (jp army) inside and starts to conquer their world.

At a certain point, some other countries such as China, Usa and Russia try to take control of the gate because for the world this is a massive land full of ressources that can be exploited almost infinitely.

It's a more realistic approach than a random guy getting tp in another world.

There is also another novel or manga about the whole japan getting teleported, and this one is even more mature if I remember well.

Vladmir Putin in another world rhapsody!

Isekai Putin is a masterpiece lmao