Writing Prompt Isekai Battle Royale: Who is Truly the Strongest?

Psyga315

In the year 2009, there had been at least one hundred people who had met the same end: being run over by a truck. Ten years later, those hundred returned as though nothing happened to them... At least, not to the naked eye.

For those hundred, though, things were extremely different. They had been whisked away into different worlds, each one unique to them. There, they fought against threats and cultivated their skills in order to save their world. They survived for ten years and then were brought back to their world with no explanation except for one word: "Fight."

However, this one word fell on deaf ears, the hundred more dedicated to returning to the life they once abandoned, some even believing it was an impossibility... Though while they were busy with that, tiny rifts had erupted, bringing forth monsters from those hundred worlds. Again, the word rang in those heroes' ears: "Fight."

But this time, it was more in detail. As these heroes had destroyed many deities and even became gods in of themselves, they had disrupted the natural order of the cosmos, and thus, caused the worlds to collide, with them being the sole cause of it all. This is explained by the very god that brought those hundred to the different worlds to begin with. He offers a solution:

Kill each other. Whoever is last standing fix the multiversal balance and reconstruct it to their liking. Due to the multiversal chaos, the cheat abilities that some of the heroes had ended up being lost, though all of them gained the ability to summon one companion, living or dead, to their aid a la Fate.

However, time is limited. The hundred have a fortnight to settle the battle before the rifts grow too large for Japan to contain and spill over to the rest of Earth, destroying it and making it a hellhole. And so, with the "rules" of this supposed survival game set, the hundred heroes turn Japan into their personal battleground. Thus begins...

The Isekai Battle Royale.

Of course, you may tweak the story to make elements click better, like limiting the number of people in the battle royale or even changing what's at stake (i.e. winner gets to be god, they get one wish or save their universe), but I figured I'd post this idea here for those to get inspired.

This, in of itself, is inspired by Gigguk.

Psyga315

The correct answer is the maniac truck driver/knife-wielding criminal/misguided summoner who keeps sending all these protagonists to the great beyond in the first place, don't you think?
Oooh, maybe as like a hidden final boss like Kirei in Fate or Kamen Rider Odin in Kamen Rider Ryuki.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
The correct answer is the maniac truck driver/knife-wielding criminal/misguided summoner who keeps sending all these protagonists to the great beyond in the first place, don't you think?
No! He's their father!

Llamadragon

No! He's their father!
Nah, that's what they want you to believe but it's a disctraction. It's actually their frail old grandmother.
"My, what a big truck you have!"
"All the better to Isekai you with, dear."
"... isekai?"
"It's, uh, a new type of delivery service. For... cookies, yes. They taste magical. To die for really."

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
I'm okay with this happening, but can we make all of the participants celebrities? I think it would be hilarious if Gordan Ramsay or Samuel L. Jackson were fighting with magic and swords to save the world.

I'm okay with this happening, but can we make all of the participants celebrities? I think it would be hilarious if Gordan Ramsay or Samuel L. Jackson were fighting with magic and swords to save the world.

I really look forward to see Tommy Wisseau lol

Llamadragon

And all their magic attacks are based on their most famous meme quotes:

Two men stood, staring at each other across the chasm between skyscrapers. Both had battled for their lives the past ten years, so this wasn't anything truly new; yet, returning home had perhaps rekindled a hope of a peaceful life after too many battles, one shattered again now at the hands of some whimsical entity. The pause was just the moment when that hope died again for the final time and they found resolve. Then it was time.

"IF YOU HAVE A VOICE, YOU SHOULD USE IT!" Samuel L. Jackson roared into the night. The air vibrated, with a force to shatter bones, a beam of destruction crushing windows and shooting towards the actors opponent.
"The lamb is so undercooked, it follows Mary to school!!!!" Gordon Ramsey replied. Instantly, a summoning circle emerges and a demonic beast appears out of it, a massive undead lamb that smells delicious. Tanking the actors attack, the lamb leaps across the abyss of the street with Gordon Ramsey on its back, the chef brandishing two gigantic kitchen knives. Jackson readied his fists and stared motherfuckingly at the incoming opponent.

Today, one of them would fall.

I would like to apologize to both Gordon Ramsey and Samuel Jackson.