Isekai-ed in to the last fiction you consummed, first thing you do....

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
You have been isekai-ed into the last media you read or watched or played.

The last TV series you binged, or the last game you played, last book you read (NOT what you wrote!)

You are not the MC, not the Villain, none of the important characters.

You have no cheats, superpowers or special-ness, but you abide by the logic and the rules of that world. If there is magic, you use magic. If everyone speaks Dutch you speak Dutch

You accept your fate, gather your wits,

What is the first thing you do?

Are you safe? Will you be ok?

I would be in a doco, so I would just go to the nearest embassy and get a flight home.

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I am in a generic xianxia world.

Whelp, Ima gonna off myself now, at least this time there is nothing stopping me like family and responsibilities.

J_Chemist

Dropped into DanMachi.

I'd either look to join up with Hephaestus's Familia or find a more low-key Deity to join. I do like to craft and being a blacksmith is actually something I prefer to do when I play RPGs/MMOs. I'd definitely put a lot of time into being a Smith but also dungeon crawl more than I'd should. But, if I find another familia that's not as strong that I can sort of skirt on by with rather than deal with the politics of a larger one, I'd rather do that.

The issue comes when I actual dungeon crawl. I really hate parties. While in DanMachi the average Adventurer has half a brain, in MMOs that is not the case and it's frustrating as hell. So I'd probably run solo as far down as I could. Doing the same as MC Rabbit boi, I'd just hire a supporter after a while to handle the crystals and focus on hunting, or just solo in general.

I wouldn't exactly panic. More so it would take me probably half a day for it to register before I'd be off and on my way. Having read the novel and being a bit of a dungeon/adventure lover, I'd fit right in. I'm also not terrified of combat so running headlong into fighting against monsters wouldn't be all that scary. I might question myself and hesitate a little at first, but once you get the hang of things it's all just strategy and resource balancing.

I'd certainly work excessively, though. Probably too much. In most stories and games, Adventurers go into the dungeon for a day or conduct their expeditions and bail. I'd probably just do what Rabbit did. Go into the dungeon all day, bring food to eat, then come out to sleep and restock before going back in. Day after day. Not for the money but just the love of the grind. Keeping after it would make me stronger and I'd constantly be on the hunt for new places to explore.

Edit: It's funny that this is in the Writer Prompt section. If I had to pick a world to self-insert and write a story, DanMachi would be it.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
I have no idea, the main characters of the last book I read are stuck in some jungle thingy full of demonic beasts and I have only rudimentary understanding of what is outside.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Limbus Company. I am so screwed.

I basically have the choice of being eaten by people, become biofuel for a bus that runs on synapse fluid, have my organs turned into an instrument, or go worship a piece of paper just so I can live for a minute longer (unless it tells me to die).

Spawn in one of those Utopian areas? One mistake and you're dead. They'll 100% treat me like an abnormality.
Spawn inside of the slums of the city? Dead.
Spawn outside of the city? Good luck, because all of Earth's population resides within the city. God help you with what lurks outside. They're just as worse as the things within.

In fact, the things outside were expelled from the city.

Basically, dead.

Unless by some miracle I pull out a power born from despair, turn into a monster, or have some especially powerful person (someone good-natured like Gebura/Red Mist for those who know) to help then I might make it through a few hours. Otherwise -

Dead.

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]
So i got droped into DC, Fuck me
image (1).gif

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
I would be in a doco, so I would just go to the nearest embassy and get a flight home.
Opps
doco is not fiction....
er... watched The Pale blue eye(2022)

So an english speaking Chinese man in 1830s America... get ahead of the game with the railroad, or be a cowboy I guess
Maybe go murder Thomas Edison... or something

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
It was an SCP, I’m soooo fucked
omg bruhhh. You know what you have 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001% of survival. all of the time the damn world is in chaos because of an SCP. If its Keter class bruh bruhhh. Your more unlucky then me who got Warhammer lol

Domoviye

Not counting a few scenes I watched on Youtube that were only 2 or 3 minutes out of an entire movie, I'd end up in the American Southwest during the wild west era, specifically a Louis L'Amour short story.
Time to find a job as a writer or something, as I desperately recall everything I know about turn of the 20th century inventions, ideas, and untapped resources that I can turn into cash. I want to be a millionaire by my fifth year there.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
Not counting a few scenes I watched on Youtube that were only 2 or 3 minutes out of an entire movie, I'd end up in the American Southwest during the wild west era, specifically a Louis L'Amour short story.
Time to find a job as a writer or something, as I desperately recall everything I know about turn of the 20th century inventions, ideas, and untapped resources that I can turn into cash. I want to be a millionaire by my fifth year there.
you'd probably get shanked by some business competitor first

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Oh cool so thatd be my own work.

I go to the campus my MC lives at, and use my knowledge of lore to convince everyone im a high level mind reader.

Then I spoil to MC what their ability actually is and let them solve the plot without the spiraling hell theyd go through otherwise of nobody telling them shit.

So none of this is valid because I got too excited to read the opening post. Sorry @Omnifarious

Last edited: