Isekai Sucks

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
Isekai....battle royal....wait....

Isekai Battle Royal? Holy shit! Why is there no one trying to write something like this at all given that we sometimes combine games and isekai?

Like, listen.

A goddess felt like there are too many people to reincarnate to another world but sending people there have become overcrowded from too many people being sent to different worlds.

Because of too many souls being managed by the gods, they decided to make a competition to send 100 souls into a world where monsters and different species roam and they literally drop them from out of the skies while sending them to different locations to fight each other off.

Given the expansive world, the gods decided to crumble the world bit by bit in the edge where the players must battle while trying to survive, given items from killing monsters or skills or loot they obtain and finally run to the center to be the top and send to their perspective worlds with a cheat(which they obtain from winning)?

Hmn...i can already imagine someone had already written this idea given isekai/battle royal have already been invented already.

Isekai battle royal isn't new.

The goddess only grants one wish and isekai people compete for it.

Same with Fantasy Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan To

But isekai battle royal is still a based combination.

Also any genre is good if you slap some boobs on it. Fite me.

BlackKnightX

Simple. You just lost interest, I haven’t yet. As simple as that. Eating your favorite food over and over again might grow you out of it one day. It’s just that my time hasn’t come. Not yet. Maybe one day, but not yet.

Reactions: CL

Lord_Drakonus

Connoisseur of Degeneracy
That's absolutely fucking based. The genre is so oversaturated nowadays that it fucking needs to to be shot on the head. However, it's pretty much the genre that sucks in the biggest amount of audience, so it just keeps on coming back like a cockroach.

Not saying that all isekais are absolute dogshit, but most of them are. If someone wants to write a good isekai nowadays, it should be as original and creative as possible. Heck, just write a good one, and it'll not be trash.

The biggest problem with the isekai genre is that most people are too lazy to write their own original settings. This always leads to people copying each other's writing. And it just sucks ass because they're not even good copies, just lazily written ones.

Isekai is literally the Among Us of genres. It's so fucking oversaturated that it'll drive you mad.

Last edited:

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
the genre still sucks. it's boobs that are good. hell, anything is good with boobs. grandpa got hit with terminal leukaemia? get him some h-cup silicon. at least he'll die in style.

Hmmm... but are boobs good on its own? Like salt, spices, and msg. Some degenerates lick raw salt rocks like goat to survive but it doesn't mean it's a good dish.

Anyway, this topic reminds me of consummer vocal minority complaining while everyone eat the unhealthy addictive shit (p2w korean mmorpg, stale franchise ubisoft activision fifa, unoriginal hollywood movies) and empower the unoriginal content creators who use safe explored routes to guarantee a degree of success.

Only unhinged suicidal people can afford to be the vanguard of new trends (only to see their dreams crash in a bloody trainwreck of failure and depression)

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
True, isekai as a genre has overstayed its welcome for at least a century.

Portal Fantasy has its charme in the same way Urban Fantasy has. You can get the best of both the real world and the fantasy genre. Why'd they had to go away from those as fantasy staple? (Most likely because they had to think of 2 distinctive settings instead of just copying Dragon Quest)

But Isekai just slaps it all together so that the brainless loser MC can jumpstart those savage fantasy Europeans straight into 22nd century Asia, since even the dumbestest asians are still smarterer enough to bring the world +100 years of prosperity.

And don't even get me started on food...

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Isekai has its charm~

Sure, mediocre stories will be mediocre, and like... You probably won't enjoy it once you're used to them... So what?

Isekai is just a genre. Story quality depends on a lot more than just choosing one specific genre~

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I'm gonna be real with y'all.

Isekai fucking sucks.

I don't hate Isekai, it's just that nowdays...

I compare the Isekai "genre" with the Battle Royale game "genre".

All of them are pretty much the fucking same.

Like, you know why people aren't talking much about them? Yeah I know, the trend died out, but the fact is that Battle Royale didn't work as a genre.

You jump of a plane or something on a random place of the map, gets guns, die or win.

Imagine doing this exact sane thing over and over again, hundreds of times, people got tired of it.

But in the Isekai genre case, I feel like people keep beating the dead horse.

To be honest here most isekai stories are just a copy of each other, most of the actually interesting things that could be work with were already written, but people just don't stop.

Yeah I know, there's almost an infinite amount of ideas to use but, we gotta consider that a lot of those are just bad ideas or stupid ideas.

And here we are now, a lot of stupid stories that give you brainrot, you literally have to turn off your brain to read them.

You can't take Isekai "seriously", because it quite literally became a parody of itself.

A lot of Isekai subverts the genre and take it as part of the core of the story. Yeah that's cool and all but it already has been done.

I feel like people just take a list of things Isekai have and checkmarks the box.

Game system? (X)

Op protagonist? (X)

Generic Fantasy setting? (X)

You got the point.

Geez people are literally on the definition of insanity lol.

Reading the same thing over and over again.

But instead of expecting something to change.

They think something has changed.

That's all for now

What y'all think?
I'm the same way but I like to give them a chance. Isekai as a genre is pretty generic copy-pasted plotlines with a normal OP probably simp MC. However, there are some good and actually different Isekai out there that push away from the genre norms. These diamond in the rough series are usually short-lived with a single season or a very short/unfinished manga or light novel series. The reason for a majority of these shows don't get finished is due to a lack of popularity as not to anyone's surprise, consumers want the same thing over and over so that they can more easily self insert. The good series usually have a character with depth that is difficult to self-insert but are usually super easy to relate to. That and the protagonist usually isn't OP or following a game system. The fantasy theme though is usually there as fantasy is one of the best genres in literature but can be difficult to write well without being viewed by a character who has never experienced it beforehand. That's why a lot of Isekais are fantasy because it's easy to work with. Most are shit but there are still some good ones lying around. Sadly, a lot of the good ones were written by possible closet pedos. No Game No Life, Jobless Reincarnation, Rezero, Konosuba, etc. I feel like there's a connection here but I don't want to look into it.

longer

Balls
Sadly, a lot of the good ones were written by possible closet pedos. No Game No Life, Jobless Reincarnation, Rezero, Konosuba, etc. I feel like there's a connection here but I don't want to look into it.
Ruroni Kenshin slapped. Just like the sound of the handcuffs for the author.

Paul_Tromba

Ruroni Kenshin slapped. Just like the sound of the handcuffs for the author.
It really did slap. Why is it that so many good stories are written by possibly sick people?

Reactions: CL

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
It really did slap. Why is it that so many good stories are written by possibly sick people?
They have unhinged minds that can make connections between subjects no others could make without some serious time and calculations.

With threads like this I would like to ask specifically the OP and people like the OP, then what do you want? You guys don't seem to realize that every genre has been done to death.

Modern take on current affairs? Well what exactly do you want to portray? Urban? Contemporary? How about what is nowadays considered classical literature? The people of the past already pioneered that by writing about their own views at the time. Urban and such isn't a break-through genre. It's more of the same.

Romance? Easiest horse to kick. Fuck the 90s had truckloads being written each day. I hate how I know who Fabio is.

Fantasy? Where do you think dragons and fairies come from? The past 100 years only? These things are ancient. Journey's are amongst the oldests. Easiest way to portray reaching of far off goals.

Sex? We've been eternally horny since we could smear blood on walls and draw thicc anime milfs thousands of years before anime was invented.

You guys can try to "preach" how something has been overdone but for once tell us what you do want! You clearly don't have any shortage of words so get to typing and elaborate. Even if it's a mangled mess of ideas. We're here. Obviously we have a bunch of time on our hands if we are reading these posts and replying.

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery

I think the feeling of motivation has two components: aspiration (desire towards a goal) and pain (repulsion from a status quo).

A life long enduring pain must be powerful fuel for creation. And being born a closet pedo is probably maximum pain (just like how having unaccepted sexual orientations must feel)

The only world where these minds can be accepted and find an outlet would be in fictional worlds...

But wait, konosuba's author is closet pedo? Is that why Kazuma ends up with Megumin and the smartest goddess between Aqua and Eris is the flat chest one? Kemonomichi's running gags about Genzou being a child predator despite being a furry hits differently...

Paul_Tromba

I think the feeling of motivation has two components: aspiration (desire towards a goal) and pain (repulsion from a status quo).

A life long enduring pain must be powerful fuel for creation. And being born a closet pedo is probably maximum pain (just like how having unaccepted sexual orientations must feel)

The only world where these minds can be accepted and find an outlet would be in fictional worlds...

But wait, konosuba's author is closet pedo? Is that why Kazuma ends up with Megumin and the smartest goddess between Aqua and Eris is the flat chest one? Kemonomichi's running gags about Genzou being a child predator despite being a furry hits differently...
I am not entirely sure if the Konosuba author is a closet pedo as I can't say if any of them are actually pedos but they all show telltale signs of being one.

Temple

Blame the readers, not authors. If there's demand from readers, the authors will supply. I've started reading webnovels from when it was mostly just machine translations in some random wordpress blogsites. I've been past my phase of isekai, op mc, rebirth, those kinds of stuff a long time ago, but those are just starting to spread among the western audience so probably a few more years before people get tired of it.