It’s almost that time of year again, also profile post has a character limit.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I’m so goddam tired of all the Salem Witch Halloween bullshit. I just got a YouTube add for another Halloween movie featuring Salem and witches. You can’t even ride the commuter rail to the north shore in the month of October because of all the people who have to go to Salem for Halloween. All my online friends who have gone to Salem for tourism always only do the witch stuff when there is the best art museum in the US there, and then when I tell them they’re like “I didn’t know. We went to the totally cool and not shitty salem witch trials wax figure museum.“ The only thing Salem has to do with Salem witch trials is that it’s where the body’s are buried, because Salem town is modern day Salem, and Salem village where it all took place was renamed to Danvers. God I’m so fucking tired of it and I know it’s gonna happen all the same agin this year. Imagine in 300 years making a Auschwitz amusement park, because that’s all Salem during Halloween is. Stop buying shitty Salem witch merchandise and making shitty movies about teenage witches and have some god damn respect for the dead.

Apologies for ranting, but pretty much everyone in New England either likes or is indifferent to the this ‘tradition’, and as such I have no one rant to.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
I’m so goddam tired of all the Salem Witch Halloween bullshit. I just got a YouTube add for another Halloween movie featuring Salem and witches. You can’t even ride the commuter rail to the north shore in the month of October because of all the people who have to go to Salem for Halloween. All my online friends who have gone to Salem for tourism always only do the witch stuff when there is the best art museum in the US there, and then when I tell them they’re like “I didn’t know. We went to the totally cool and not shitty salem witch trials wax figure museum.“ The only thing Salem has to do with Salem witch trials is that it’s where the body’s are buried, because Salem town is modern day Salem, and Salem village where it all took place was renamed to Danvers. God I’m so fucking tired of it and I know it’s gonna happen all the same agin this year. Imagine in 300 years making a Auschwitz amusement park, because that’s all Salem during Halloween is. Stop buying shitty Salem witch merchandise and making shitty movies about teenage witches and have some god damn respect for the dead.

Apologies for ranting, but pretty much everyone in New England either likes or is indifferent to the this ‘tradition’, and as such I have no one rant to.
As someone who lives in New England(New York) I am pretty indifferent about it, but I gotta say that sounds pretty annoying to deal with. I think my sister went with her friends a few years ago but idk what she did there.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...

Salem witch trials are just modernist propaganda, but propaganda aside, the “witches” deserved their death. Plotted against their husbands and the community.

minionlover

Salem witch trials are just modernist propaganda, but propaganda aside, the “witches” deserved their death. Plotted against their husbands and the community.
Fuck Abigail. Running away from the shit storm she caused, never receiving proper punishment.

Edit: nevermind, I just googled what actually happened to her, my anger was based off The Crucible :(

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I've seen this going around lately. One of my friends commented: "Not funny! I have friends who are witches."

Other people commented stuff along the lines of: "I'm a witch and I think this is hilarious."
One in particular said, "Our sense of humor is the one thing they could never take away from us."

StrongArm

I went on a vacation to scotland, and saw this castle in Edinburgh where they threw a ridiculous number of people in the shitwater moat where they drowned in literal shit.

They called those people 'witches'
But what they really were, was people who were Non-Conformist. People who didnt do what the church and local magistrate wanted them to.

There is also a Greed aspect. Many people they execute as 'witches' own property. Farms, houses, businesses.
Where do you think those properties went after they were executed? Right into the hands of the church, and corrupt magistrates.

Its what happens when you mix religion & government

rain-090

I went on a vacation to scotland, and saw this castle in Edinburgh where they threw a ridiculous number of people in the shitwater moat where they drowned in literal shit.

They called those people 'witches'
But what they really were, was people who were Non-Conformist. People who didnt do what the church and local magistrate wanted them to.

There is also a Greed aspect. Many people they execute as 'witches' own property. Farms, houses, businesses.
Where do you think those properties went after they were executed? Right into the hands of the church, and corrupt magistrates.

Its what happens when you mix religion & government
That seems more like a corruption thing than a mix of church and government thing

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Imagine in 300 years making a Auschwitz amusement park, because that’s all Salem during Halloween is. Stop buying shitty Salem witch merchandise and making shitty movies about teenage witches and have some god damn respect for the dead.
But you see, the Witches of Salem didn't spread their influence over 109 civilizations and establish a major, open-secret of a presence among the modern elite 1%, so they're a bit behind on the reverence held for the Auschwitz victims.

Plus, I don't think anyone even cares about the severity, considering it's 25 compared to 6 million.

StrongArm

That seems more like a corruption thing than a mix of church and government thing
In the 1400s in scotland, they were the same thing. Theocratic monarchy. The church and government were two sides of the same coin.
And make no mistake. The church was far from the semi benign happy musical organization it is today.

They had immense political power and used it like a sword to do incredibly ugly things with no oversight whatsoever

Dont believe me? Feel free to brush up on your Medieval & Renaissance church history

rain-090

In the 1400s in scotland, they were the same thing. Theocratic monarchy. The church and government were two sides of the same coin.
And make no mistake. The church was far from the semi benign happy musical organization it is today.

They had immense political power and used it like a sword to do incredibly ugly things with no oversight whatsoever

Dont believe me? Feel free to brush up on your Medieval & Renaissance church history
I'm saying I think that if you removed the Church you would still have some other secular entity doing something similar