Juno RPG Game

kaisyl

Hello everyone, I'm a game developer and programmer currently working on the game Juno

The story follows the inheritance of your aunt's forge which allows for a cross match crafting system to gain multiples of an item.

Unlike other rpgs which let you equip a certain weapon type or armor type, Juno focusses on a free equipment system which lets you equip how much ever runes you can fit upon your soul board.

The story, not to spoil anything, is layer written focussed. That's all I can say right now.

Lastly, the battle system is pseudo turn based. You start the battle, usually, being able to select your skills or union and then once you hit battle, actions on the battle field area are performed freely.

You can check my twitter page for more details or just wishlist the game for monthly dev logs in the future

Thank you for the attention!

kaisyl

I misread that as Uno, and had some unsettling flashbacks. 🤨

Anyway, good on ya.

Also, I like what I am reading here. When it is done, I just might check it out.
Thanks, I'm working on some custom sound tracks atm, I'll make a release post here next time when it's finished developing if that's ok of course

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
What game engine you are using?
Reminds me of RPG MAKER... if this was UNITY, I'd for sure find out immediately. But with the sprites, UI Interface, and map layout—it smells a similarity with an engine that most pokemon-based games use or some sort.

kaisyl

What game engine you are using?
RPG Maker, wrote the code/plugins myself so you won't really get those mechanics anywhere unless you commission it.

Reminds me of RPG MAKER... if this was UNITY, I'd for sure find out immediately. But with the sprites, UI Interface, and map layout—it smells a similarity with an engine that most pokemon-based games use or some sort.
My focus is mainly on gameplay over graphics and well, rpg maker has a lot of resources pre-packed so I'm playing to my strength by amping up everything else.

Motsu

My focus is mainly on gameplay over graphics and well, rpg maker has a lot of resources pre-packed so I'm playing to my strength by amping up everything else.
Is this a solo work? I think you've got the right idea, usually in this case—using UNITY, I'd program the whole game before making any illustrations (either to animate a character's movement or be placed as a constant background as an event scenario CG... if it is a visual novel) or use the prepared resources, however, UNITY doesn't have that. So, basically, it's good that RPG MAKER leaves little resources for people to use.

kaisyl

Is this a solo work? I think you've got the right idea, usually in this case—using UNITY, I'd program the whole game before making any illustrations (either to animate a character's movement or be placed as a constant background as an event scenario CG... if it is a visual novel) or use the prepared resources, however, UNITY doesn't have that. So, basically, it's good that RPG MAKER leaves little resources for people to use.
Yeah, that's why I bought it, resources everywhere. It cuts down dev time for big projects like this one.

The code for this game, the battle scene at least spans 1 year of continious effort before I got into the world design. Haven't truly set down the story yet but you can explore nearly the whole game in an exploration mode type setting.

Even if I say this, there's still a lot to be done on the game data end that's going to take a good while to complete

Motsu

Yeah, that's why I bought it, resources everywhere. It cuts down dev time for big projects like this one.

The code for this game, the battle scene at least spans 1 year of continious effort before I got into the world design. Haven't truly set down the story yet but you can explore nearly the whole game in an exploration mode type setting.

Even if I say this, there's still a lot to be done on the game data end that's going to take a good while to complete
I never really took a look at your game, but if you say so, then there must be a lot in your mind you want to put there, huh? It's not really much, but hope you make it even better than what you're expecting—you have my support.

kaisyl

I never really took a look at your game, but if you say so, then there must be a lot in your mind you want to put there, huh? It's not really much, but hope you make it even better than what you're expecting—you have my support.
Thanks and yeah, there isn't much on steam because I update more on twitter