Kingdom building from scratch

Ehitogami

K, so you know the trope, protagonist gets reincarnated into a world where magic exist, but technology is still backward for some reason, and the protagonist uses his knowledge of science to develop and finally become the king.

What's the twist? Well, I want to include these two points
1. Protagonist is just a farmer.
2. He doesn't possess any system of any sort to guide him.

Simple, right? Well, the first problem is the first point.
Every book I have read where the MC has knowledge of science includes him bieng a noble who has enough money to support his experiments. I have yet to find one where the MC is a peasant and has knowledge of science.
The ones that do have him bieng a peasant from start include a system which guides him throughout. Or he has knowledge of future events.

So, well. Firstly, if you know any work which satisfy these conditions, do reccomend them since I need to get 'inspired' from them.

Secondly, well. How would you have a farmer go and overthrow the current king? The setting is that general public is satisfied with current king but some rebel groups exist. I am thinking of going with the religious route, MC claims he is son of God, king is evil, blah blah blah.
Unfortunately, I do need to fill out those blah blah blah.

Okay, an update here.
Yes, I will study history. No need to mention that ever again.
No, MC is not magically charismatic, or a professional hypnosis.
No, I will not make the king and nobles needlessly corrupt.

You know what, leave the characters alone for a moment. Any suggestions about existing superstitions? Or whether this would be an information war or an physical war? Civil war or assassination of king?
Just let your imagination go wild anywhere other than referring to history and changing MC's personality. You don't even need to think of life span. MC can live for a 1000 or a million years. All I need is to write a line for that. Let your imagination fly anywhere than picking an article from wikipedia about farmer uprisings.

I am accepting all ideas till they do not refer to me studying history.
I haven't read many of the replies, so sorry if I said something already said.
I read the previous reply, and saw that you said the the MC is insane/psychopathic. Maybe MC can use tensions with other countries to rise to power? Maybe be drafted in the military then build up some militia force?
If the MC is from earth, then military knowledge would definitely be a boon for taking down a king. Another advantage the MC would have would maybe be better farming practices. MC could then say that the knowledge given to him was through some holy revelation.
If the MC is a psychopath, they may be able to notice things easier in terms of social things. Maybe have them experiment with their social manipulation skills at an early age?
Back to international tensions. Maybe he could get in the good graces of a passing noble by pointing out some thing MC notices in the noble's servants.
Is being a farmer going to be relevant later on in the plot? Cause if you add it into the title or something, it may cause some confusion.

Agentt

Thighs
I haven't read many of the replies, so sorry if I said something already said.
I read the previous reply, and saw that you said the the MC is insane/psychopathic. Maybe MC can use tensions with other countries to rise to power? Maybe be drafted in the military then build up some militia force?
Due to a setting in the book, while there are no tensions, per say, other kings are eager to attack. So it's not apparent tension and MC can only come to find about it when he gains some authority. But I will use it.
If the MC is from earth, then military knowledge would definitely be a boon for taking down a king. Another advantage the MC would have would maybe be better farming practices. MC could then say that the knowledge given to him was through some holy revelation.
Regarding this. What is better practice? There is no 'better'way to use a plough or a hoe. Farmers know that they should bury seeds so birds don't eat them. Crop rotations exist. People have canals built. I know a facts ruin fiction but all these advancements were known for such a long time that I can't ignore them. Even a Persian wheel to take out water from well and irrigate the fields was made in 1600s. If practices means use of fertiliser and insecticide, MC is currently too poor to manufacture them.
If the MC is a psychopath, they may be able to notice things easier in terms of social things. Maybe have them experiment with their social manipulation skills at an early age?
Back to international tensions. Maybe he could get in the good graces of a passing noble by pointing out some thing MC notices in the noble's servants.
Okay, this is quite helpful. Thank you.
Is being a farmer going to be relevant later on in the plot? Cause if you add it into the title or something, it may cause some confusion.
Nay, I just want a zero to hero story.
Be prepared everyone, this gonna be long. I can't believe I'm writing this for almost an hour.

To build a kingdom, then the first thing that you need is money, the fund as the foundation of your army, and everything that you'll have in the future. I don't know if you get it by robbing or whatever means you can get them. The point is, you have to be capable to raise your own force. And to do that, you need money.

It stated that the MC background is a farmer, then you could just get it by trade. And what to trade, maybe some agricultural goods? Or agricultural tools that you re-invented from your previous life to this current backwater world. Before you begin your dream of overthrowing the current monarch, you need to think about how to make fortunes. Because war cost a lot of them, believe it or not.

And you know there's a lot of successful kingdoms build solely based on trade. In Indonesian Archipelago for example, I'll put it as an example because I am a Javanese and can't be more familiar with the local history, the rising indigenous Sultanate in Sumatera and Java Island around 1400 to 1700 CE came from Moslem Arab traders. The traders married the local king's daughter or other daughters before building their kingdom. Some did it peacefully after converting the local Hindu/Buddhism into Islam, and some warred against the former maritime superpower the Majapahit Empire. However, they mainly trade goods and build good relationships with the neighboring forces before founding their kingdom.

Even at the beginning of the Age of Sailing, the Dutch(and maybe other European Fleet; I don't know, I only learn about the Dutch VOC.) also do spice trade with the local sultanates ..., and as you know, not long after that. The Dutch start with their conquest and monopolize the spice from Maluku Island.

Basically, what I want to say is ..., rake your own fortune first, build your army, and then start your kingdom.

Up there ..., I've explained and it pretty long-winded.
Trade, raise army, conquest.

Yeah, this is basically what XuYi did in the Magic Industry Empire. He built some convenient tools, and do trading, gain the trust of local people even some of the nobles. After that, he doesn't even need to raise a banner to make the populace join his cause.

You should try reading that one, it's quite fun read.

Yep, actual history is interesting in some way. I suggest that you try reading some of the local histories outside of your place. There's a lot of interesting things happened around the world back then. In my place, there's this thief who supported by the brahmin overthrowing the current regime of the not-so-corrupt noble landlord, yeah it's real history.

I'll tell you a short version of this thief become king if you're interested.
The name's Ken Arok, a former thief who murdered his own guru(teacher) after deceiving him ..., basically he's the bad dude.

One day, in some place around East Java ... he served to be a servant/bodyguard of this gorgeous married woman called Ken Dedes, the wife of Tunggul Ametung, the current Duke of Tumapel. As he lusted over her, he went to ask for help to the brahmin, borrowing the identity of his former guru(the teacher whom he killed was also a brahmin if I recall it correctly) ..., and with whatever justification and bullshit he'd thrown to them, he gained the support of the brahmin which was the highest caste in that place, at that time. He rallied an army and swiftly attack the duke.

Ken Arok killed the local Duke, just a reminder, there's no grudge or whatsoever this Ken Arok dude with the Duke, he just wants to grab the beautiful Ken Dedes because he can't hold his dick back.) And then claimed his wife as his own and built the kingdom of Singhasari upon the death of the Duke.

That's how the thief built his kingdom, just because he wants to fuck that one pretty woman who's too white for the local brown people.

I can't agree more than that. Cult and different view in belief is a great spark to start a war, just take a good look at the world history, there's the Crusade, and the war to chase away Hindu/Buddhism power in Java, even the Rohingya conflict on modern-day was because of different in religion.

Maybe the MC can start spreading some cult that worships the god of war. Saying that warring against others is a sacred thing or something. Although that will be a hard start seeing that the MC is just a farmer, and as you said ..., not so diabolically charismatic. You can't just as a farmer bullshitting and garner thousands of followers. Preaching is hard, religion is deep. You need to consider more to go along this path.

Anyway, I can't see a more feasible start than trading. Men can only see the benefits in front of their eyes, if you provide them with this 'benefits' then they'll follow you. As simple as that.

This is kinda hard, I thought it'd be interesting if he's a schemer. Or maybe have a bit of Machiavellism on him.

But yeah, we all have that time in their life ..., when taking a short nap, and suddenly woke up. Shouting out loud to no one in particular, saying, "I want war, bring me war!".

I now know what's so crazy about him. No one in the right mind would start a war, with such casual and negligible reason.

This is interesting ..., I thought in the Qing dynasty era there's only Opium War. So there's also something like this happening back in that day.

Yes, even with such simple science ..., combined with magic, you have paved your first step to dominating the isekai! Grab the sulfur, charcoal, and saltpeter! Let's make some preliminary must-have weapon for the non-magician ..., guns!

1. If the people there aren't well-fed enough maybe because the agriculture is too primitive, you should probably start with the agricultural revolution first before moving onto the magic-industrial revolution. Making some magic fridge when there's no food available, that's kinda funny and putting the cart before the horse.

2. I don't know how to answer this question, sea trade is good ... but it's also a high-risk business.

3. When the kingdom already on the run and you have a grasp on your own territory.

4. Two options, make peace or more war.

5. There's no such thing as a lower race of people and higher race of people, nor superiority of some race of people over the other ..., except for piety. Encourage tolerance and equality. Hatred and prejudices because of racial difference will cause chaos in the kingdom, it might be not now ... but it was like a frog which boiled slowly in the pot; there'll be time in the future that they will unleash all of their accumulated hatred.

6. Although it's true that monopoly could bring you material benefits ..., but spreading the technology and let others study, develop, and research it on their own will encourage overall world development. Of course, there's some confidential and sensitive technology such as the gunpowder making technology, steel-making metallurgy, cement making process ..., that is some of the core technology that you should try to keep by yourself. That is ..., if you did successfully bring them in the isekai. Maybe you can make some kind of patent or something.

7. Make your own currency! Finance is the foundation of a nation. Minting a national currency is the first step to a stable government.

8. Don't know about environmental thingies ..., let them extinct for I don't fucking care about that shit topic. I'm not a tree hugger. Though if there's an elf, I might convert into a tree hugger for a beautiful long-eared elf.

9. You know ..., I think it's best if you don't 'import' earth existing ideology to the isekai. As you see, the people there might have a different socio-historical event than the earth. If it's about economic movement ..., just encourage trade. It is better to have more money.

Yeah ..., maybe you can cultivate some coca leaf and brew cocaine and start Isekai Drug War. You could ruin the upper nobles with this, and leech all of their wealth to your pocket. And if the MC is crazy enough to do this ..., I say, he's one of a villain.
I am gonna read this when I have time.
Be prepared everyone, this gonna be long. I can't believe I'm writing this for almost an hour.
Neither can I
To build a kingdom, then the first thing that you need is money, the fund as the foundation of your army, and everything that you'll have in the future. I don't know if you get it by robbing or whatever means you can get them. The point is, you have to be capable to raise your own force. And to do that, you need money.
Funny enough, I hadn't thought if money problems at all!
It stated that the MC background is a farmer, then you could just get it by trade. And what to trade, maybe some agricultural goods? Or agricultural tools that you re-invented from your previous life to this current backwater world. Before you begin your dream of overthrowing the current monarch, you need to think about how to make fortunes. Because war cost a lot of them, believe it or not.
Yep, it costs a fortune. But MC has knowledge of human body rather than plants. Also he knows earth terms like Magnesium and Aluminium. Another world has different names for this, ones he can't currently learn since this knowledge is limited to scholars. I am planning to make him indulge in human experiments though.
And you know there's a lot of successful kingdoms build solely based on trade. In Indonesian Archipelago for example, I'll put it as an example because I am a Javanese and can't be more familiar with the local history, the rising indigenous Sultanate in Sumatera and Java Island around 1400 to 1700 CE came from Moslem Arab traders. The traders married the local king's daughter or other daughters before building their kingdom. Some did it peacefully after converting the local Hindu/Buddhism into Islam, and some warred against the former maritime superpower the Majapahit Empire. However, they mainly trade goods and build good relationships with the neighboring forces before founding their kingdom.

Even at the beginning of the Age of Sailing, the Dutch(and maybe other European Fleet; I don't know, I only learn about the Dutch VOC.) also do spice trade with the local sultanates ..., and as you know, not long after that. The Dutch start with their conquest and monopolize the spice from Maluku Island.
History...I hate it.
Basically, what I want to say is ..., rake your own fortune first, build your army, and then start your kingdom.

Yeah, this is basically what XuYi did in the Magic Industry Empire. He built some convenient tools, and do trading, gain the trust of local people even some of the nobles. After that, he doesn't even need to raise a banner to make the populace join his cause.

Noted
Yep, actual history is interesting in some way. I suggest that you try reading some of the local histories outside of your place. There's a lot of interesting things happened around the world back then. In my place, there's this thief who supported by the brahmin overthrowing the current regime of the not-so-corrupt noble landlord, yeah it's real history.

The name's Ken Arok, a former thief who murdered his own guru(teacher) after deceiving him ..., basically he's the bad dude.

One day, in some place around East Java ... he served as a servant/bodyguard of this gorgeous married woman called Ken Dedes, the wife of Tunggul Ametung, the current Duke of Tumapel. As he lusted over her, he went to ask for help to the brahmin, borrowing the identity of his former guru(the teacher whom he killed was also a brahmin if I recall it correctly) ..., and with whatever justification and bullshit he'd thrown to them, he gained the support of the brahmin which was the highest caste in that place, at that time. He rallied an army and swiftly attack the duke.

Ken Arok killed the local Duke, just a reminder, there's no grudge or whatsoever this Ken Arok dude with the Duke, he just wants to grab the beautiful Ken Dedes because he can't hold his dick back.) And then claimed his wife as his own and built the kingdom of Singhasari upon the death of the Duke.

That's how the thief built his kingdom, just because he wants to fuck that one pretty woman who's too white for the local brown people.
Wow, you were really dedicated to complete it. Were you that excited to tell people about your favourite web novel?
I can't agree more than that. Cult and different view in belief is a great spark to start a war, just take a good look at the world history, there's the Crusade, and the war to chase away Hindu/Buddhism power in Java, even the Rohingya conflict on modern-day was because of different in religion.
Bringing cults into picture means also adding another obstacle called church. Even church has trained pladins. Even if King doesn't do anything, thinking this is some random small protest, the church will burn down the whole village to 'exorcise'the evil. Hence, I would like to bring cults later on. At start, MC is just a messenger of God.
Maybe the MC can start spreading some cult that worships the god of war. Saying that warring against others is a sacred thing or something. Although that will be a hard start seeing that the MC is just a farmer, and as you said ..., not so diabolically charismatic. You can't just as a farmer bullshitting and garner thousands of followers. Preaching is hard, religion is deep. You need to consider more to go along this path.
Yep I have to.
Anyway, I can't see a more feasible start than trading. Men can only see the benefits in front of their eyes, if you provide them with this 'benefits' then they'll follow you. As simple as that.

This is kinda hard, I thought it'd be interesting if he's a schemer. Or maybe have a bit of Machiavellism on him.

But yeah, we all have that time in their life ..., when taking a short nap, and suddenly woke up. Shouting out loud to no one in particular, saying, "I want war, bring me war!".
While the motive of MC has certainly brought much disparity in this comment section, I really don't know if it's that important thing. Dr. Stone went to war with literal murderers just to do some experiments. Naruto did everything he did just to gain some friends. Kazuma from konusuba did everything he did just to get some boobies.
Point being, I won't be coming back again and again to motive. MC is ot the type of insane which grabs his head and let's loose a maniacal laugh. He is totally normal person who doesn't consider human life to be of any worth.
I now know what's so crazy about him. No one in the right mind would start a war, with such casual and negligible reason.

This is interesting ..., I thought in the Qing dynasty era there's only Opium War. So there's also something like this happening back in that day.
Even we studied only Opium war in our textbooks.
Yes, even with such simple science ..., combined with magic, you have paved your first step to dominating the isekai! Grab the sulfur, charcoal, and saltpeter! Let's make some preliminary must-have weapon for the non-magician ..., guns!
Ehhhhhhhhhh. You see...magic, kinda like...doesn't exist.
1. If the people there aren't well-fed enough maybe because the agriculture is too primitive, you should probably start with the agricultural revolution first before moving onto the magic-industrial revolution. Making some magic fridge when there's no food available, that's kinda funny and putting the cart before the horse.
People are satisfied with there diet is the best answer to this. Farmers are starving, but because they believe farmers are suppose to starve. They aren't jealous of nobles enjoying riches since they believe things are supposed to be that way.
Yeah, no need to comment on this. One of the main point in his speeches will be this.
2. I don't know how to answer this question, sea trade is good ... but it's also a high-risk business.
3. When the kingdom already on the run and you have a grasp on your own territory.
Would you? I think this would be a great step to gain followers. Or it can make you lose themPeople can get really uncomfortable with the fact that some sections of society are bieng provided education.
I was referring to civil wars. Luke, people of your own fraction who disagree with you. You can't take such harsh steps with them. Suppose one of them suggests making peace with everyone. Now you can't have war. Plus, everyone agrees with that person. You would have to carefully steer things out of way.
5. There's no such thing as a lower race of people and higher race of people, nor superiority of some race of people over the other ..., except for piety. Encourage tolerance and equality. Hatred and prejudices because of racial difference will cause chaos in the kingdom, it might be not now ... but it was like a frog which boiled slowly in the pot; there'll be time in the future that they will unleash all of their accumulated hatred.
Same thing as Jesus. He said love everyone. People interpreted it as 'love everyone who follows me or else kill them'
Not to mention, since this is medivial times, the stereotypes are mostly true. If they discriminate people who are green, then it is likely that an average green person will be dirty, poor and likely a criminal.
6. Although it's true that monopoly could bring you material benefits ..., but spreading the technology and let others study, develop, and research it on their own will encourage overall world development. Of course, there's some confidential and sensitive technology such as the gunpowder making technology, steel-making metallurgy, cement making process ..., that is some of the core technology that you should try to keep by yourself. That is ..., if you did successfully bring them in the isekai. Maybe you can make some kind of patent or something.
Patent? That's an interesting concept. Also encouraging tech..hmmm. I wasn't planning on doing that but you are correct about the advantages it provides.
How about setting up a lab on, let's say an abandoned island. And inviting only scientists I trust there to live, without any means of communication with main land. Would that work? Or would that make me look like a dictator.
7. Make your own currency! Finance is the foundation of a nation. Minting a national currency is the first step to a stable government.
Yes, a flag, a coin and all that makes you a symbol! It's like advertising.
But comes the problem with trades. If a new currency suddenly appears in market, merchants are most probably not going to accept it, thinking it's a fake. Also problems with conversion rates. I think I'll just have MC employ someone for this one.
8. Don't know about environmental thingies ..., let them extinct for I don't fucking care about that shit topic. I'm not a tree hugger. Though if there's an elf, I might convert into a tree hugger for a beautiful long-eared elf.
MC is an elf...
9. You know ..., I think it's best if you don't 'import' earth existing ideology to the isekai. As you see, the people there might have a different socio-historical event than the earth. If it's about economic movement ..., just encourage trade. It is better to have more money.
Yeah, but I have to make some promises quite early. I can either gain support of poor with communism path, which will encourage public of other kingdoms to wage civil wars.
Or, I could gain aristocrats's support.
For both, I would had to tackle the problems each bring.
Yeah ..., maybe you can cultivate some coca leaf and brew cocaine and start Isekai Drug War.
Eiii. Too dark! Why can't it be simple 177013 pathway.
Seriously though, I wouldn't want my youth to cripple itself. But we can always export that good stuff. Like China's Opium war.
You could ruin the upper nobles with this, and leech all of their wealth to your pocket.
Again, not MC. Probably a follower or an employee will suggest this but not MC. He is not a bad guy. He just wants to see people die.
Ooooh, since MC has knowledge of science, he can sell both drugs and cure, hence doubling everything.
Sounds like an NTR plot now.
And if the MC is crazy enough to do this ..., I say, he's one of a villain.
What if the real villains were the friends we made along the way?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

Yup. Need resources to supply the support. No resources, monetary finances? No motive support from others for mc's cause.
Yup.

One day, in some place around East Java ... he served as a servant/bodyguard of this gorgeous married woman called Ken Dedes, the wife of Tunggul Ametung, the current Duke of Tumapel. As he lusted over her, he went to ask for help to the brahmin, borrowing the identity of his former guru(the teacher whom he killed was also a brahmin if I recall it correctly) ..., and with whatever justification and bullshit he'd thrown to them, he gained the support of the brahmin which was the highest caste in that place, at that time. He rallied an army and swiftly attack the duke.

That's how the thief built his kingdom.
Wow thats pretty interesting.
I can't agree more than that. Cult and different view in belief is a great spark to start a war, just take a good look at the world history.

Yeah. Its hard to picture a farmer mc that overthrows without anything advantage to them. To get enough support to overthrow, he's gonna at least have something like being able to persuade really well to his cause.
Yeah, there was quite a bit of stuff going on besides opium war.

I think it really depends on where you live and how much is it focused on those parts. For example, my 10th grade World History was not even World History. Just Europe like modern enlightenment and then how it influenced US to be where its at now. Not real World History in depth like AP World History, where it covered ancient times asia, europe, other continents, etc. And even then, there's a lot things I found out that are not really mentioned in the textbooks here until I thought well what about....and such and such and then went on a google search history spree.

Yup agreed agricultural revolution first. Start from somewhere.

5. Encourage tolerance and equality. Hatred and prejudices because of racial difference will cause chaos in the kingdom, it might be not now ... but there'll be time in the future that they will unleash all of their accumulated hatred.

Great tips for people who wish to worldbuild and establish powerful kingdom/conquests in their story.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 53101

Regarding this. What is better practice? There is no 'better'way to use a plough or a hoe. Farmers know that they should bury seeds so birds don't eat them. Crop rotations exist. People have canals built. I know a facts ruin fiction but all these advancements were known for such a long time that I can't ignore them. Even a Persian wheel to take out water from well and irrigate the fields was made in 1600s. If practices means use of fertiliser and insecticide, MC is currently too poor to manufacture them.
Do they have a windmill or watermill? And if the MC has the knowledge about materials, then use tools forged from better material. There's a lot of differences between bronze and iron hoe, what more the steel. And there's no need for making fancy CO(NH3)2 as a fertilizer ..., humus or manure is enough. The problem with that is to make the local people believe that spreading rotten leaf and bird poops on the soil can enhance crops production output.

Point being, I won't be coming back again and again to motive. MC is ot the type of insane which grabs his head and let's loose a maniacal laugh. He is totally normal person who doesn't consider human life to be of any worth.
Okay, a person who think that other human beings to be unworthy of living is not normal at all. But well, let's just say he's crazy and there's no need to think about motive ..., he can just do shit whatever he wants.

He is not a bad guy. He just wants to see people die.
This is contradictory. Just want to see people die ..., that is just plain bad guy, alright.

Would you? I think this would be a great step to gain followers. Or it can make you lose themPeople can get really uncomfortable with the fact that some sections of society are bieng provided education.
I was referring to civil wars. Luke, people of your own fraction who disagree with you. You can't take such harsh steps with them. Suppose one of them suggests making peace with everyone. Now you can't have war. Plus, everyone agrees with that person. You would have to carefully steer things out of way.
- Yes, you could also do that. But what I mean is the compulsory one. If you're just nobody and randomly built school when the noble monopolized the access to education. Would they let you, the filthy plebeian to continue to teach?
- I don't know about that, maybe you could scheme something behind the curtain to get rid of your political opposition. If other people disagree with you, stab them in the back! If your subordinates annoy you, stab in the back!

How about setting up a lab on, let's say an abandoned island. And inviting only scientists I trust there to live, without any means of communication with main land. Would that work? Or would that make me look like a dictator.
This will be contra-productive. If your researchers are unhappy with their working environment, cut off from the rest of the world, feeling imprisoned, etc, then maybe they will have a mental breakdown. Of course, there's a way to avoid this ..., that is to make them willingly move into the island on their own.

But comes the problem with trades. If a new currency suddenly appears in market, merchants are most probably not going to accept it, thinking it's a fake. Also problems with conversion rates. I think I'll just have MC employ someone for this one.
Make it shinier or add whatever symbols or one-eyed pyramid or something to let them 'think' that your currency has value.

MC is an elf...
Ohh ..., ohhhhh ..., an elf farmer. That comes out of nowhere. I thought they love the tree that they can't bear to chop it down and don't tile the land.

Ehhhhhhhhhh. You see...magic, kinda like...doesn't exist.
You have an elf and all but there's no magic? What am I, where is this? Are we still in isakei?

And even then, there's a lot things I found out that are not really mentioned in the textbooks here until I thought well what about....and such and such and then went on a google search history spree.
True ..., sometimes I also did that. History searching spree ... I don't know why I did that, it's kinda useless if looking at the pragmatic side. But it's interesting and I can't stop myself from being curious.

D

Deleted member 45782

Do they have a windmill or watermill? And if the MC has the knowledge about materials, then use tools forged from better material. There's a lot of differences between bronze and iron hoe, what more the steel. And there's no need for making fancy CO(NH3)2 as a fertilizer ..., humus or manure is enough. The problem with that is to make the local people believe that spreading rotten leaf and bird poops on the soil can enhance crops production output.
Nice, through thought thinking down to the very infrastructure and resource type.
Okay, a person who think that other human beings to be unworthy of living is not normal at all. But well, let's just say he's crazy and there's no need to think about motive ..., he can just do shit whatever he wants.

This is contradictory. Just want to see people die ..., that is just plain bad guy, alright.
And without a legitimate excuse other than he just bored and wants people to die? Lol...yes evil, with no concern for people lives, besides just want them dead for no other reason than boredom. Sounds like those gods/goddesses stories you read where they just out of boredom spun some conflicts for humans...

The mc Agentt is talking about can be an anti-hero, but even then...
He is not normal if he is insane and just wants people to die.

Also if the mc is insane and likes to go into those maniacal laugh...I would be also slightly concerned about how he never got caught. Because he could just do it out of nowhere too...if he doesn't really care what other people think of him...
Sometimes too apathetic can be a downfall..

Also, whoever kept mentioning Naruto...
The power of friendship despite a friend literally trying to kill you so many times is a bit...unbelievable...
That's why people kept mentioning the power of friendship and they find it a bit cringe.

True ..., sometimes I also did that. History searching spree ... I don't know why I did that, it's kinda useless if looking at the pragmatic side. But it's interesting and I can't stop myself from being curious.
Yeah, its always interesting. Humans, besides trying to always figure out what they are gonna be like in the future, always want to know whats like their past because eventually that can start to fade away too. For me, its learning about more than just one axis power (in our history books it is primarily talks about one, which led me to wonder what about the other two? learned on the other side its also darker too..) also trying to find the dialect/lang my dad speaks bc i couldn't find it anywhere and it took me awhile to finally get the spelling down; was trying to find soruces on it since he always mentioned about it.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
K, so you know the trope, protagonist gets reincarnated into a world where magic exist, but technology is still backward for some reason, and the protagonist uses his knowledge of science to develop and finally become the king.

What's the twist? Well, I want to include these two points
1. Protagonist is just a farmer.
2. He doesn't possess any system of any sort to guide him.
Self promo here... I am currently translating a story with that as the main plot... hehehe

Agentt

Thighs
Self promo here... I am currently translating a story with that as the main plot... hehehe
Oh, which one?
Manure does already exist in that world. I don't see how they can even survive without it. Regarding steel, that was a point I hadn't thought. Noted, I suppose.
👍
I am just being overprotective of my MC
- Yes, you could also do that. But what I mean is the compulsory one. If you're just nobody and randomly built school when the noble monopolized the access to education. Would they let you, the filthy plebeian to continue to teach?
That's a problem. Another one is that are poor people even willing to study? They can barely sustain themselves, I don't see why would they spend half a day, everyday to study.
- I don't know about that, maybe you could scheme something behind the curtain to get rid of your political opposition. If other people disagree with you, stab them in the back! If your subordinates annoy you, stab in the back!
This will be contra-productive. If your researchers are unhappy with their working environment, cut off from the rest of the world, feeling imprisoned, etc, then maybe they will have a mental breakdown. Of course, there's a way to avoid this ..., that is to make them willingly move into the island on their own.
So, make the scientists crazy too? Like crazy enough to leave all human contact just for sake of science?
Make it shinier or add whatever symbols or one-eyed pyramid or something to let them 'think' that your currency has value.
Illuminati intensified
Ohh ..., ohhhhh ..., an elf farmer. That comes out of nowhere. I thought they love the tree that they can't bear to chop it down and don't tile the land.
The prequel reveals that MC was exiled from elf village for reasons that I don't want to spoil.
You have an elf and all but there's no magic? What am I, where is this? Are we still in isakei?
The prequel reveals that magic did existed but disappeared as soon as hero defeated the demon lord.
Nice, through thought thinking down to the very infrastructure and resource type.

And without a legitimate excuse other than he just bored and wants people to die? Lol...yes evil, with no concern for people lives, besides just want them dead for no other reason than boredom. Sounds like those gods/goddesses stories you read where they just out of boredom spun some conflicts for humans...

Also if the mc is insane and likes to go into those maniacal laugh...I would be also slightly concerned about how he never got caught. Because he could just do it out of nowhere too...if he doesn't really care what other people think of him...

The power of friendship despite a friend literally trying to kill you so many times is a bit...unbelievable...
That's why people kept mentioning the power of friendship and they find it a bit cringe.

Yeah, its always interesting. Humans, besides trying to always figure out what they are gonna be like in the future, always want to know whats like their past because eventually that can start to fade away too. For me, its learning about more than just one axis power (in our history books it is primarily talks about one, which led me to wonder what about the other two? learned on the other side its also darker too..) also trying to find the dialect/lang my dad speaks bc i couldn't find it anywhere and it took me awhile to finally get the spelling down; was trying to find soruces on it since he always mentioned about it.

Sorry for the typo in previous reply. I said not. He does not laugh like a maniac. He is more apathetic towards life.
Me
See? Motive doesn't matter after a few chapters, unless MC gets an existential crises.
That's exactly why I am writing this thing. To show how resilient pest humans are. It might be boring, but I want it to be as informative as a real guide to overthrow your king 101

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

I am just being overprotective of my MC
Yes, we agree as many point out how its not that believable and many plotholes your mc may fall into with their characterization.

You have a farmer who is not charismatic, crazy and also lazy and bored and somehow manages to overthrow the king is...a bit unbelievable. That is conflicting characterization.

Oh. And the fact that one is saying he's evil but he's not evil.

Mc does not care about others lives. One's that hold evil intentions or just no concern for other lives tend to also don't care if they destroy and ruin others, which means, and you find that more in a evil person vs a hero.

And it'd be pretty hard to argue people to join a cause if you don't show they care about those followers lives in some way or form. Even cults and religion make it sound like they care about you and you want to give you a better something, regardless of what their actual and crazy (the cults) intentions are.
That's a problem. Another one is that are poor people even willing to study? They can barely sustain themselves, I don't see why would they spend half a day, everyday to study.
Willing to study or being able to study? Very two different things. I think even rn, certain places where they don't have great access to education or more inclined to be happier when given that opportunity. That is different from not being able to get education bc don't have the time. While yes, some may not like it bc its not really how its done for a long time and they may not be used to learning new things, I think a lot would also be happy to learn, if given the time and opportunity that is.
Sorry for the typo in previous reply. I said not. He does not laugh like a maniac. He is more apathetic towards life.

See? Motive doesn't matter after a few chapters, unless MC gets an existential crises.
Motive is important, mind you. People don't like the power of friendship overcomes everything because it is not very believable.

The most important is actually not your mc but the characters themselves that join your mc cause. What motive they have to join your mc? Besides just religion. Cause there are many things tied to it. Some don't just convert to a religion just because they believe in it, but they believe it will help them someway (like ex. Church Providing resources or opportunities, etc.)
That's exactly why I am writing this thing. To show how resilient pest humans are. It might be boring, but I want it to be as informative as a real guide to overthrow your king 101
It ain't a real guide if your story ain't believable. Your character has conflicting characterization that makes it go one way but then take steps back so basically blocking its development.

People like Ai-Chan and PrinceWijaya already provide you real scenarios how kingdoms are overthrown and...it is more realistic guide than this.

Sorry if it came rude. But pointing out the serious flaws of this.

Agentt

Thighs
Yes, we agree as many point out how its not that believable and many plotholes your mc may fall into with their characterization.

You have a farmer who is not charismatic, crazy and also lazy and bored and somehow manages to overthrow the king is...a bit unbelievable. That is conflicting characterization.
Of course it will be more believable when I manage to write it. Just summarising it in one sentence does make it sound like a joke.
Oh. And the fact that one is saying he's evil but he's not evil.
When I say he is not evil, I mean he is not like villains you usually see. He doesn't want to torture. He doesn't want to make children cry. He is not greedy, nor does he has any lust. He basically doesn't have any bad qualities. For him killing humans is just akin to how children kill ants for fun. Hence, we won't say children are evil, but rather that they don't know the value of a life.
Mc does not care about others lives. One's that hold evil intentions or just no concern for other lives tend to also don't care if they destroy and ruin others, which means, and you find that more in a evil person vs a hero.

And it'd be pretty hard to argue people to join a cause if you don't show they care about those followers lives in some way or form. Even cults and religion make it sound like they care about you and you want to give you a better something, regardless of what their actual and crazy (the cults) intentions are.

Willing to study or being able to study? Very two different things. I think even rn, certain places where they don't have great access to education or more inclined to be happier when given that opportunity. That is different from not being able to get education bc don't have the time. While yes, some may not like it bc its not really how its done for a long time and they may not be used to learning new things, I think a lot would also be happy to learn, if given the time and opportunity that is.
Well, like I said, MC can be 1000 years old if required. We can apply that at any point of time.
Motive is important, mind you. People don't like the power of friendship overcomes everything because it is not very believable.

The most important is actually not your mc but the characters themselves that join your mc cause. What motive they have to join your mc? Besides just religion. Cause there are many things tied to it. Some don't just convert to a religion just because they believe in it, but they believe it will help them someway (like ex. Church Providing resources or opportunities, etc.)
I'll think of something. Don't worry.
It ain't a real guide if your story ain't believable. Your character has conflicting characterization that makes it go one way but then take steps back so basically blocking its development.
I don't see how that is not believable. Do normal people not do this? Like if someone comes to you, saying to donate one dollar to orphanage, you are likely to do that. But then he suggests a subscription for 500 dollars per month and you are likely to refuse that.
Why?
Because in first scenario donating a dollar didn't change your life that much. Donating 500 dollars every month will change it.
Similarly, while mc does want to overthrow the king, there will be a few moments when he feels "this isn't fun anymore" and retreats.
I think that you are really considering this to be a one liner. Hence the statement
A smart, wise, charismatic farmer gained followers and overthrew his king seems more believable to you.
I am not writing a one line. Nor a one shot. You are severely underestimating the amount of people he meets, and the number of events that happen.
There is also the point that there are almost no books having same idea. How can you accept the fact that magic exist and elf exist and hitting a truck can get you transported to another world?
Simply because you have read about them here.
You can accept a hero having physics defying powers, you can accept the mc seducing every girl he meets because they are a common trope.
Hence, other than the fact that I shall have a very little reader base, I see no problem with this setting.
People like Ai-Chan and PrinceWijaya already provide you real scenarios how kingdoms are overthrown and...it is more realistic guide than this.
Yes, real life scenarios tend to be pretty realistic.
Sorry if it came rude. But pointing out the serious flaws of this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

When I say he is not evil, I mean he is not like villains you usually see. He doesn't want to torture. He doesn't want to make children cry. He is not greedy, nor does he has any lust. He basically doesn't have any bad qualities. For him killing humans is just akin to how children kill ants for fun. Hence, we won't say children are evil, but rather that they don't know the value of a life.
Yeah that doesn't sound convincing. If you meant he's worn down and so he's just doesn't really care about things anymore, I can understand. By the way your mc is a 1000 years old. Not a mind of a child if you're gonna build him up to someone thats builds a kingdom up and has knowledge of science. Sounds...conflicting he still can't tell its wrong then.
Well, like I said, MC can be 1000 years old if required. We can apply that at any point of time.
See the above point.
I'll think of something. Don't worry.
It'll be interesting to hear it one day.
I don't see how that is not believable. Do normal people not do this? Like if someone comes to you, saying to donate one dollar to orphanage, you are likely to do that. But then he suggests a subscription for 500 dollars per month and you are likely to refuse that.
Why?
Because in first scenario donating a dollar didn't change your life that much. Donating 500 dollars every month will change it.
Similarly, while mc does want to overthrow the king, there will be a few moments when he feels "this isn't fun anymore" and retreats.
Well let's point put how unbelievable it is, shall we?
  • Its definitely not believable to throw a government just because one is bored. Character is bored. So he wants to overthrow a kingdom. Lmao, no its not believable because people dont just overthrow government things bc they're bored. They do it for money, their living conditions are horrible, they have serious gripes how a government sucks, living in desperation and they can't see any other way beyond removing said government.
  • We already addressed how lazy he is at amassing things yet wants to overthrow before so you can refer to previous posts. Takes some effort and commitment even if he doesn't do the dirty work, but others do it for him.
  • Mc is not evil but don't care bout other lives getting destroyed. Yeah, not believable in that he can persuade many to follow when he doesn't care about them.
  • Mc is not charismatic and has no money and no tools from the start and is not someone important like a noble status; he just a farmer. So how does he rally others to his cause when he doesn't have anything advantageous or benefit to others that they will take the bait? You need to bait them with something. Not just religion which can only go so far. With nothing he has to persuade people he is actually worthy and to overthrow the government, I do not see how.
Yes, real life scenarios tend to be pretty realistic.
Yup. Because they are very real and its just reality.

D

Deleted member 53101

Its definitely not believable to throw a government just because one is bored. Character is bored. So he wants to overthrow a kingdom. Lmao, no its not believable because people dont just overthrow government things bc they're bored. They do it for money, their living conditions are horrible, they have serious gripes how a government sucks, living in desperation and they can't see any other way beyond removing said government.
Sounds like some Nippon light novel that was influenced by the long title trend.
'I'm bored, so I overthrow the king and founded my kingdom in a different world!'

Agentt

Thighs
Yeah that doesn't sound convincing. If you meant he's worn down and so he's just doesn't really care about things anymore, I can understand. By the way your mc is a 1000 years old. Not a mind of a child if you're gonna build him up to someone thats builds a kingdom up and has knowledge of science. Sounds...conflicting he still can't tell its wrong then.

See the above point.
Why not though? Why can't mc have a child of mind at the age of 1000? Real life insane people have mental age of 5. They can barely speak or anything.
Besides, can you really say with confidence that it is impossible for a person to not care for other human's life?
It'll be interesting to hear it one day.

Well let's point put how unbelievable it is, shall we?
  • Its definitely not believable to throw a government just because one is bored. Character is bored. So he wants to overthrow a kingdom. Lmao, no its not believable because people dont just overthrow government things bc they're bored. They do it for money, their living conditions are horrible, they have serious gripes how a government sucks, living in desperation and they can't see any other way beyond removing said government.
People also don't create a site and then moderate it 24/7 just so others can post something for free. But here we are.
What do you mean by believable?
We have smut, op protagonist and gender bender on this site. You accept them because there are tons of those and people accept them?
Why do we have to limit our imagination simply because no one else has done it before.
I think that you are really considering this to be a one liner. Hence the statement
A smart, wise, charismatic farmer gained followers and overthrew his king seems more believable to you.
I am not writing a one line. Nor a one shot. You are severely underestimating the amount of people he meets, and the number of events that happen.
There is also the point that there are almost no books having same idea. How can you accept the fact that magic exist and elf exist and hitting a truck can get you transported to another world?
Simply because you have read about them here.
You can accept a hero having physics defying powers, you can accept the mc seducing every girl he meets because they are a common trope.
Hence, other than the fact that I shall have a very little reader base, I see no problem with this setting.
  • We already addressed how lazy he is at amassing things yet wants to overthrow before so you can refer to previous posts. Takes some effort and commitment even if he doesn't do the dirty work, but others do it for him.
So? No matter how lazy a person is, he would still like to do something he likes. By lazy I meant he would not take part in paper work, finances, diplomacy, politics and all. Those will be left out to followers.
  • Mc is not evil but don't care bout other lives getting destroyed. Yeah, not believable in that he can persuade many to follow when he doesn't care about them.
Wouldn't it be easy to do so? If you want a trail of ants to follow you, just way a trail of sugar. MC can have just that mentality. Promise people what they want. He wants to kill a noble, exemption from taxes is just a bonus.
  • Mc is not charismatic and has no money and no tools from the start and is not someone important like a noble status; he just a farmer. So how does he rally others to his cause when he doesn't have anything advantageous or benefit to others that they will take the bait?
because others are too. MC is a farmer, and so are others. They share the same economic status and all.
If in an election, one candidate is someone who was born rich, while other is someone who was once a common man like you, you are more like likely to vote for other.
  • You need to bait them with something. Not just religion which can only go so far. With nothing he has to persuade people he is actually worthy and to overthrow the government, I do not see how.
Meh.
Yup. Because they are very real and its just reality.
I'll put a fantasy tag to let people know that this won't come in their history exam

Last edited:

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
As a farmer, he naturally has knowledge of crops, the dos and don’ts and what can decimate a land making it infertile. Agriculture is a kingdom’s lifeblood, one rogue farmer with enough knowledge can single-handedly destroy an entire nation if he uses his knowledge for evil. Attack the people’s food chain by sabotaging farmlands accross the country to make people dissatisfied with the king. This farmer can spread rumors in a discreet manner that the king is responsible. That the king performed some sort of wretched act that angered the gods who blessed their land. The only way to lift this curse is for the king’s head to roll.

With enough peasants starving, and it starting to affect even nobles’ bottom line standard of living, a revolution is inevitable as dissatisfaction with the king grows out of control.

Another avenue he can take is to increase the prosperity of land in other surrounding nations. The king will see other nations’ agricultural lands prospering while his is plummeting and grow jealous. He may take up arms and start a war. A war when the people are starving while he is living it up in his palace will further increase dissent. If other nations are similarly doing better than ever in terms of agriculture and see this one land turning to shit they may form an alliance and isolate the dying nation. A moment of weakness in the food chain is a perfect opportunity to strike down an aggressive neighbouring nation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

Why not though? Why can't mc have a child of mind at the age of 1000? Real life insane people have mental age of 5. They can barely speak or anything.
Besides, can you really say with confidence that it is impossible for a person to not care for other human's life?
Because a 5 year old taking down the government is a stretch isn't it?
What do you mean by believable?
We have smut, op protagonist and gender bender on this site. You accept them because there are tons of those and people accept them?
Why do we have to limit our imagination simply because no one else has done it before.
There's a difference between being imaginative and seeing things that just make readers want to back out the story, because it is unbelievable. While stories should definitely go for the imaginative side, stretching things too far makes people turn off reading it cause it just doesnt make sense anymore, hence believable. It doesnt have to be realistic given that its a fairytale world with magic but if a character just got slashed on the throat by a demon and before that got impaled a dozen times by a bunch of giant wooden poles..and then somehow comes out completely unscathed mentally and physically save fir a frw physical scratches and is ready to beat the next demon monster boss into oblivion and there's no further explanation why other than its for his friends...im sorry, it just doesn't feel believable.

You dont have to have your story realistic but at least believable.

After all, who was the person that mentioned they want to make it sound like a real guide to overthrow a government 101? Yeah guess who...
So? No matter how lazy a person is, he would still like to do something he likes. By lazy I meant he would not take part in paper work, finances, diplomacy, politics and all. Those will be left out to followers.

Wouldn't it be easy to do so? If you want a trail of ants to follow you, just way a trail of sugar. MC can have just that mentality. Promise people what they want. He wants to kill a noble, exemption from taxes is just a bonus.
Depends on how you work it. It still seems like you don't have any good valid points on how it'll be the mc will successfully encourage others to follow a farmer that doesn't have much or the skills to overthrow a government while their lives are at stake when it happens, and the fact is they're are mostly satisfied with the current government.
because others are too. MC is a farmer, and so are others. They share the same economic status and all.
If in an election, one candidate is someone who was born rich, while other is someone who was once a common man like you, you are more like likely to vote for other.
See that is the relatable part. There's something going on that at least make others want to join mc cause. But its not that great cause despite a politician being of same status, not all would follow through either. Also if going by that route, then the mc appears relatable on a sense, and he can use that to build a bade where can win over others by charismatic after.
I'll put a fantasy tag to let people know that this won't come in their history exam
You don't have to make it sound like history. And not trying to tell you copy a historical event a 100% down, but there are patterns one sees that actually relate to and are the reason why people overthrow things.

If you didn't want to make it sound like a real guide on it, then it didnt have to sound believable in some way.

Unless you make it a light hearted and comedic effect. Like a very simple comedic story that doesnt act try claim its like real 101.

An evil but not evil mc. A lazy and bored mc who wants to destroy something just for fun without any other good reason, but totally not evil.

Yeah, agree to disagree. And at this point it signifies you are getting defensive about your mc again like you said previously. Will stop here.

Just know, that there's a difference between realistic and believable. And yes, you can make it believable even in a fantasy land world. Thats why some stories arent that great, because eventually it spirals into something that makes total no sense.

I realize you're not trying to make it believable in that it sounds like a real guide or anything. Just very simplistic lighthearted view without much through in depth detail (as in don't worry about how it doesn't make sense, it just does) so do what you do.

As a farmer, he naturally has knowledge of crops, the dos and don’ts and what can decimate a land making it infertile. Agriculture is a kingdom’s lifeblood, one rogue farmer with enough knowledge can single-handedly destroy an entire nation if he uses his knowledge for evil. Attack the people’s food chain by sabotaging farmlands accross the country to make people dissatisfied with the king. This farmer can spread rumors in a discreet manner that the king is responsible. That the king performed some sort of wretched act that angered the gods who blessed their land. The only way to lift this curse is for the king’s head to roll.

With enough peasants starving, and it starting to affect even nobles’ bottom line standard of living, a revolution is inevitable as dissatisfaction with the king grows out of control.

Another avenue he can take is to increase the prosperity of land in other surrounding nations. The king will see other nations’ agricultural lands prospering while his is plummeting and grow jealous. He may take up arms and start a war. A war when the people are starving while he is living it up in his palace will further increase dissent.
He mentioned people are generally satisfied with the current government and everything is going okay aside from some discrimination. And that the world is peaceful. So no real serious, staring/poverty/persecuted/etc conflicts.
While this is the main point, there are some points that deviate from real history.
1. MC and his peers have no reason to do so. Corruption isn't that much. Landlords don't slave people. Taxes aren't that heavy. One of the things that I can't change in the setting is that the world is too 'peaceful' and 'boring'. This is why the MC wants to overthrow the king.

2. I can't really imagine someone becoming so 'charismatic' that he can just lead a group of men to storm the Capitol.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
He mentioned people are generally satisfied with the current government and everything is going okay aside from some discrimination. And that the world is peaceful. So no real serious, staring/poverty/persecuted/etc conflicts.
Just because that is the case now doesn’t mean this farmer’s actions wouldn’t change that though. A lack of food changes everything. It changes people, how they think, how they act, their emotional mood swings, etc.

When all is stable, a false sense of peace is attainable, but when shit hits the fan, you’re well-fed one day then starving the next, that false sense of peace breaks down. You’re struck by the cruel reality of there not being enough food to go around. You must decide who gets to live and who must die for those who continue to live. It becomes a dog eat dog world.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

Just because that is the case now doesn’t mean this farmer’s actions wouldn’t change that though. A lack of food changes everything. It changes people, how they think, how they act, their emotional mood swings, etc.

When all is stable, a false sense of peace is attainable, but when shit hits the fan, you’re well-fed one day then starving the next, that false sense of peace breaks down. You’re struck by the cruel reality of their not being enough food to go around. You must decide who gets to live and who must die for those who continue to live. It becomes a dog eat dog world.
Agreed. Some tension. Some conflict at least in some form or way, even if its a bit subtle at first. Massive poverty and starvation is still some conflict, it just hasn't boiled over yet until someone cashes in on that opportunity. Something that captivate and pull people to overthrow a government because they no longer believe it is good for them and they're desperatefor a better change..

Interesting is that Agentt says there's none. It is just...peaceful and boring. And it cannot be changed.

Agentt

Thighs
I Was Reincarnated As a Poor Farmer In a Different World So I Decided to Make Bricks to Build a Castle Translation

This one. You can see the cover in my signature... It's doibg pretty well, 75k views...

Because a 5 year old taking down the government is a stretch isn't it?
Other novels have 14 year olds with magic doing so. That too, just because they can. They destroy wildlife and ecosystem just because they can, wage wars just because they can.
There's a difference between being imaginative and seeing things that just make readers want to back out the story, because it is unbelievable. While stories should definitely go for the imaginative side, stretching things too far makes people turn off reading it cause it just doesnt make sense anymore, hence believable. It doesnt have to be realistic given that its a fairytale world with magic but if a character just got slashed on the throat by a demon and before that got impaled a dozen times by a bunch of giant wooden poles..and then somehow vomes out unscathed mentally and physically and ready to beat the next demon monster boss into oblivion and there's no further explanation why other than its for his friends...im sorry, it just doesn't feel believable.
I don't see how that's a problem for me.
You dont have to have your story realistic but at least believable.

After all, who was the person that mentioned they want to make it sound like a real guide to overthrow a government 101? Yeah guess who...
I never mentioned the conditions.
The guide could be called "Overthrowing your king when you are just a farmer who happens to have a life span of 1000 years in a world where there exist no apparent tension and you also happen to possess otherworldly knowledge. 101"
Question, how is it different from other books then?
Answer, the people(except MC) are not evil. Nor they are good. They are human. Other books show good people to remain good no matter what, and bad people to be bad no matter what. Here, I am trying to make them as human as possible.
Again, what is believable?
Is it something you can imagine happening?
Is it believable that a guy went looking for India, and accidentally discovered a whole another continent?
Is it believable that Aristotle calculated a rough estimate of Earth's circumference?
Is it believable that tar, the thing used in roads, is also used for making medicines?
Is it believable that world is just on second year of a pandemic, yet people have stopped caring about it?
Is it believable that when a black man and a white woman have a baby, the child is not half black and half white?

I don't know much about history, but isn't Hitler's case the same?
He joined army as a messenger, climbed ranks. Ran for elections, lost. Ran again, won, declared dictatorship, and began culling of other humans.
If we assume Hitler to be like my MC, he just wanted to kill Jews. Economic advancement, reduced unemployment, scientific advantages are just a bonus to keep people following him.
Now, don't comment on how good Hitler's speeches were. This is just an example to show MC can have a simple motive. How influential Hitler was is another matter.
Depends on how you work it. It still seems like you don't have any good valid points on how it'll be the mc will successfully encourage others to follow a farmer that doesn't have much or the skills to overthrow a government while their lives are at stake when it happens, and the fact is they're are mostly satisfied with the current government.
Yeah, I don't.....I'll have to think about that.
See that is the relatable part. There's something going on that at least make others want to join mc cause. But its not that great cause despite a politician being of same status, not all would follow through either. Also if going by that route, then the mc appears relatable on a sense, and he can use that to build a bade where can win over others by charismatic after.

You don't have to make it sound like history. And not trying to tell you copy a historical event a 100% down, but there are patterns one sees that actually relate to and are the reason why people overthrow things.

If you didn't want to make it sound like a real guide on it, then it didnt have to sound believable in some way.

Unless you make it a light hearted and comedic effect. Like a very simple comedic story that doesnt act try claim its like real 101.
...I really can't explain what I am going for here. I have planned it out, don't worry about that.
An evil but not evil mc. A lazy and bored mc who wants to destroy something just for fun without any other good reason, but totally not evil.

Yeah, agree to disagree. And at this point it signifies you are getting defensive about your mc again like you said previously. Will stop here.

Just know, that there's a difference between realistic and believable. And yes, you can make it believable even in a fantasy land world. Thats why some stories arent that great, because eventually it spirals into something that makes total no sense.

When all is stable, a false sense of peace is attainable, but when shit hits the fan, you’re well-fed one day then starving the next, that false sense of peace breaks down. You’re struck by the cruel reality of their not being enough food to go around. You must decide who gets to live and who must die for those who continue to live. It becomes a dog eat dog world.

As @SeaSquidfish explained, a major setting is that apparent tension do not exist. Even if nobles really really want to hog up all the money, they are currently incapable to do so.
That is a good one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

since there was a quote that mentioned me, i'll just respond one more time.
the people(except MC) are not evil. Nor they are good. They are human. Other books show good people to remain good no matter what, and bad people to be bad no matter what. Here, I am trying to make them as human as possible.
Again, what is believable?
Which is why I can't find the connection how they follow the MC if the MC is like that. What benefits them to follow MC? Ik the people who follow the MC may not be evil. But what do they see in the MC (knowing how he does not really care about human life and bore so likes to cause chaos) that makes them think he is worthwhile to follow. How will they know that he cares enough about them to follow him in the hopes of something better for them? And "the people (except MC) are not evil." so mc is evil.
Yeah, I don't.....I'll have to think about that.

...I really can't explain what I am going for here. I have planned it out, don't worry about that.
Perhaps, when the middle part is more described, it can help to connect the dot from a to dot c. Dot B is still a lot of vagueness.

I'm tired of explaining this. Believability does not mean the same as reality. You can google believability vs reality in fiction.

You mention smut and gender bender stories and then historical events that happened. And truck isekai. No, reading them doesn't make it "accepted as believable" per se, since a lot cater to wish fulfillment. A website for free and moderated 24/7 (it is possible). And then historical events; these are are reality. What I meant was a story doesn't have to be rooted in reality but have some levels of believability, even in its smallest forms.

Historical events are reality. A story doesn't have to be completely realistic, but some believable things happen, even if the smallest of things.

Now, for example, power of friendship can only be stretched so far; its believable up until a certain point when someone backstab you not once, not twice, but several times again and again, and each time its a deadly one that can damages and costs so much. That isn't really that believable anymore.

What is more believable is after being backstabbed once or twice, the character finds a way to cut this so-called friend out of their life. Could be moving away, going into isolating, avoiding them etc. Or in a fantasy world, get paranoia, possibly execute this so-called friend, still have more paranoia which leads to a downward spiral into madness, etc. etc.

There's well developed characters, and then there's characters that have contradictory characterization. Its ok to have some contradictory traits, just be careful when its super obvious and it starts to effect the plot by its contradictions.

Yes, some tension exists that gives room for a chance at revolt. Its not exactly all peaceful and boring as it looks. Something that cause those that follow the mc, to follow the mc.