Writing Knight versus Bear

Scribbler

How do you think a fight would go down between a knight in full plate armor with a longsword versus a brown bear?

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ

Scroll down a bit and you might find the answer to your question. This too:

Personally, I think the knight has better chances of surviving sans the full plate armor. Better quick footed against the bear than supposedly well defended by said armor. In the end, might depend on the circumstances. People without armor have been known to hunt down bears to extinction.

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
Why do so many people want to know this? There was a thread on NU, now here, and apparently there was one on quora, too?

But anyway, to all the people who are saying ditch the armour for more speed (here and the other thread)... Bears can probably run/move faster than you, and you have to watch out for both front paws plus the mouth. Dodging won't be an effective long-term strategy. The armour will still protect from glancing blows and raking claws, so long as the claws don't catch or hit the armour square enough to pound through it.

Dodging would be secondary to keeping the bear at a distance. A spear or other polearm is definitely preferable to a longsword. Longsword just doesn't have enough reach. It's more than the bear, I would say, but only just. Not enough to be far enough to reliably dodge a charge or lunge from the bear, or be able to inflict damage on the bear without heavy risk of retaliation.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
i would let the bear eat me and choke it to death

or i could propose marriage with the bear, then have children with it, and live a perpetual life of happiness in the Hundred Acre Woods. but wait, the fight hasn't end, it seems. utilizing my superior knight intelligence, i slowly plant false evidences around the house, and start writing journal/diary entries of false accusations of domestic abuse.

i would brainwash the children that mommy/daddy is a bad bear, and had been seeing other bears in its daily commute to work. then i'd subject myself to some self-torture, as to plant lifelong evidences of physical injuries. a cut here, a slash there. nothing that would kill but something that will leave a mark.

then i will talk to the neighbors and get along with the busybodiest of them all. i will tell them stories - believable ones at that, and leave flase traces and hints to a secret, abused life led behind locked doors. i will plant credit card information for purchases of BDSM items including handcuffs and whips to further insinuate that the bear ive married indeed had been using me as nothing but an item of ventilation, fetish and abuse. also, id slowly funnel money the bear made into a private bank account of mine, leaving the family income stagnant; never growing, never losing, as proof of purchase, using the money the bear made.

then, in a grand finale, i will "reveal/confess" everything to the HAWPD. depending on the charge and witnesses and the evidence, i would be subjected to taking half of the bear's properties, with the big lump sum ive stolen from it. custody will definitely be given to me but the kids will, of course, be sent to an orphanage, but they'll find revenge on the bear itself, for i have been the victim in their eyes for the whole time.

i walk away, knowing ive won the battle by doing full mental damage to the bear and then some. it'll probably kill itself in prison for all i care

or you know, have it eat me and choke to death

JustAGenericReader

How do you think a fight would go down between a knight in full plate armor with a longsword versus a brown bear?
One Punch from the Bear and the Knight is trapped in a deformed mess of metal. Good luck surviving that. Except it is Goku in the armor then I would say RIP bear

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
I’m onboard the marry the bear plan but they turn out to be an amazing spouse, so why would I ever frame them? I just found myself a life companion til death do us part

Suryae

Dismembered
Average alwyte plate armor looks intimidating, I think the bear would just run away. Bears are apex predator, not warriors with honor to upheld.

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
I'm going to go with the popular opinion of no,

The knight will die
The Bear will feast
Even with iron Armour
One Man cannot defeat beast