Lack of FMA Fandom novels

zivoy

So I recently started reading some fandom novels, so I started thinking of stuff I liked and that might have a fandom. But I soon noticed that while there are lots of Naruto, One Piece and MHA novels, there is absolutely no FMA novels :(
I really enjoy fantasy novels and while the magic system in Naruto us pretty cool, I also really like the one in FMA.
I think that there are plenty of things that could be done with it, even if the author decides not to focus on the characters or plot from the original.

Aoi_Sora

Well.. I think everyone's respecting this humble family. Look at it... It's so beautiful that nobody wants to destroy the canon of this family's story.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Well.. I think everyone's respecting this humble family. Look at it... It's so beautiful that nobody wants to destroy the canon of this family's story.

Yes, so precious!

Reactions: CL

BubbleC

Floating Idiot
Same reason why code geasss have little fanfics, when a story is so good the fandom doesn't feel the need to fill the holes themselves, that's why Naruto have hundreds of thousands of fanfics lol
Pretty much. There are kinda two main types of fanfics: (1) the more serious kind that attempts to elevate/change the original story or (2) the comedic type that takes a shit on plot holes or other devices in the story. For works that are as good and complex as FMA, it's difficult to do either.

Redemit

Pretty much. There are kinda two main types of fanfics: (1) the more serious kind that attempts to elevate/change the original story or (2) the comedic type that takes a shit on plot holes or other devices in the story. For works that are as good and complex as FMA, it's difficult to do either.
I always liked the fanfics that just use the same universe FMA has like a thousand years of unused history for authors to take advantage of

Echimera

FMA, Family with little girl and dog, ... critical hit in the feels.

I honestly have no idea how it is on other sites, so it might just be that the fandom has yet to get attention by the authors active on SH.

Sahida

Same reason why code geasss have little fanfics, when a story is so good the fandom doesn't feel the need to fill the holes themselves, that's why Naruto have hundreds of thousands of fanfics lol
Naruto has lots of fanfics precisely because the fandom memorizes the storyline and wants to involve on the story.🤭

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
FMA has a lot of complex use of alchemy that is hard to understand it at the same time write a fanfic based on it. Sure you can write a fanfic on romance but as for the action, I would need to understand how alchemy works. While at that, FMA is made with bare minimum of plotholes that any changes would result in you making plotholes instead. Naruto while is good, you can make a fanfic based around it because of the plotholes you can fill with your own OC.

Basically FMA is like touching Calculus while Naruto is reading on basic math.

Ace_Raven

So I recently started reading some fandom novels, so I started thinking of stuff I liked and that might have a fandom. But I soon noticed that while there are lots of Naruto, One Piece and MHA novels, there is absolutely no FMA novels :(
I really enjoy fantasy novels and while the magic system in Naruto us pretty cool, I also really like the one in FMA.
I think that there are plenty of things that could be done with it, even if the author decides not to focus on the characters or plot from the original.
You create it then, if it's you. You must be able to do it.

If you can, then why you need to wait for someone that may or may not even exist to write that.

My point is, "Do It! Just, Do it! Make your dreams come true!"

S10

FMA, Family with little girl and dog, ... critical hit in the feels.

I honestly have no idea how it is on other sites, so it might just be that the fandom has yet to get attention by the authors active on SH.
FMA has some of the highest number of fanfictions on FFnet at like 41k.

Imo scribblehub isn't much for fanfic. AO3 and FFnet is where you should read fanfic.