Last Chance for NSFW Short Story Contest - Win $100, A publication, and a scene/character from your story drawn by an illustrator.

whatsawhizzer

Only two days left to submit. It doesn't hurt to try. There hasn't been any submissions yet, so I'm lowering most of the restrictions. It means you have a high chance of winning if you write decently.

Write a short erotic story centered around an erotic scene and submit it to me.
The Author MUST:
  • Be able to write in fluent English.
  • Be 18 years or older.
  • Donate $1 or more as a Patreon or Full Frontal Access.
    • This has nothing to do with getting money or patrons, this is simply the best way I can think of to ensure writers are appropriate age and to filter out spammers and nefarious people. If you honestly can’t spare $1, please contact me and I’ll waive it.
The story MUST:
  • Must be more than 2k words but no more than 15k words..
  • Contain at least one erotic scene.
  • Written in a word document format. (.doc, .docx, or .rtf)
  • White background, black text. Times New Roman/Ariel/Calibri, 11-12 font.
  • Include Title, Author Name, Contact Email on first page.
  • Properly spaced AND edited.
Here is an example of such a story.
The chapters will be put up for vote. The winners will have their story published in an anthology. Grammar and spelling matters! You must be competent in English. I will not accept stories that require excessive editing. It should be a complete manuscript.
The Top Winner will receive:
$100 (Transferred Via Paypal or an equivalent gift card)
Story featured on whatsawhizzerwebnovels.com.
The Top Ten Winners will receive:
Work recognized, professionally edited, and published in an anthology.
A free copy of the eBook.
A paid-for illustration depicting scenes and/or characters in the story.
The end date for this competition is December 31st. The winners will be decided in January. The final edited Anthology with images will come out in April.
Please Submit your work here.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
i think that $1 is the sole reason why there ain't any submissions. even if there's a fine print saying you can waive it.

just a little guess.

whatsawhizzer

i think that $1 is the sole reason why there ain't any submissions. even if there's a fine print saying you can waive it.

just a little guess.

Probably... I know publishers who charge $20 per submission and make an entire business out of doing "competitions." This in no way would have been profitable to me. The illustrations at $60 each alone would have cost $600. Thing is... I already have over 1000 supporters who already pay $1. Even if just 2% of my already existing supporters wrote 2000 words to give it a shot, it would have been a fun competition. Many of them are writers... but not even they would bite. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Kotohood

Noob Author
Probably... I know publishers who charge $20 per submission and make an entire business out of doing "competitions." This in no way would have been profitable to me. The illustrations at $60 each alone would have cost $600. Thing is... I already have over 1000 supporters who already pay $1. Even if just 2% of my already existing supporters wrote 2000 words to give it a shot, it would have been a fun competition. Many of them are writers... but not even they would bite. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I didn't find out about this contest until recently. I wouldn't have minded joining actually, but Erotica is simply not my thing and by then there was only 2 days left. Sorry to hear this. But here's hoping your next endeavour would be better.

whatsawhizzer

I didn't find out about this contest until recently. I wouldn't have minded joining actually, but Erotica is simply not my thing and by then there was only 2 days left. Sorry to hear this. But here's hoping your next endeavour would be better.
Well, erotica and fantasy is kind of my thing. I wanted to do erotica exactly because it's a bit fringe. I'm still tempted to bring it back, perhaps with NO prerequisites, to see what will happen. If you win, THEN I'll have to come up with a way to prove you're appropriate age. Maybe use a few promotionals on fiverr to help it get started. Iono. Thanks for the interest.

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
I guess it wasn't meant to be.
I only saw this today and erotica wouldn't have been my thing anyway but I just wanted to mention that even if it was, the lack of information would have turned me off immediately. This might be different for your patrons but for somebody that doesn't know you, this would have screamed "scam" at me. I mean, there's no information on you, on the copyright (Does it stay with the author or not? Depending on the country that could differ which is important to some people.), or on the anthology (Like, what will the name be, how many stories will there be overall (only those 10?), when and where will it be published? Just ebook?). And mentioning the fact that nobody else wanted to write a submission doesn't really help that first impression :blob_blank: I mean even if somebody did submit, you can't very well make an anthology of just one story, can you? What happens then? Will you supply the other nine yourself? Pay some people to write them? There's no info on that either.

So I don't know if you've written it the same way for your patrons and if you've ever done something like this before but what would have turned me, personally, off would have been these things. Maybe that's nitpicky but there are tons of calls for submissions out there done by professional publishers that don't have the same vagueness to them. So if in doubt, I'd always pass on something where I won't be informed enough (the time constraint of just two days also makes it impossible to ask further questions and still sit down and write a decent story so there's that as well).
I might be a bit oversensitive here because I did take part in a very unprofessionally made anthology that did have some of the same problems and then some so I always take a closer look at these things now. I don't know if anyone else actually thinks the same but I hope this helps in case you ever want to attempt something like this again.

Polpota

The Top Winner will receive:
$100 (Transferred Via Paypal or an equivalent gift card)
Story featured on whatsawhizzerwebnovels.com.
The Top Ten Winners will receive:
Work recognized, professionally edited, and published in an anthology.
A free copy of the eBook.
A paid-for illustration depicting scenes and/or characters in the story.

I just joined today but even so I wouldn’t have joined the contest even though erotica is my main genre as that’s because of the prize pool. A hundred dollars is pretty good for a prize, but having it hosted on a site I’d have to research on feels like work, and I get enough of work at work. However that’s minor and if that was the only prize I’d have been all for it.

The real problem I have is the top ten winners prize pool, specifically “Work recognized, professionally edited, and published in an anthology.” and “A free copy of the eBook.” which looks like to me as an amateur author as a way to build up your back catalogue as an editor and site owner which doesn’t really help out the authors. In fact it looks like you get one really good commissioned piece of work that you can use to sell the ebook with a set of stories you can add as value to the title.

Now this of course is just how it looks to me, and it’s not a bad deal if there’s a bunch of authors just trying to get their name out and get some recognition built up. I just feel like the competition is not transparent in its purpose.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Oh, Ai-chan hasn't been here. Hahaha. Well, congratulations to those who participated.