Lately, I have been doing typos

Agentt

Thighs
Now, I have always been doing typos. Writing 'you' as 'tou', 'have' as 'habe' arefew common ones. Oh, and that too, I often miss a soace between two words. And I also write 'space' as 'soace'.

But lately, my typos have been weird, I have been writing "there' as 'their', 'ear' as 'year', 'right' as 'write' and 'know' as 'no'.

I wonder what brought these changes recently.

Deeprotsorcerer

Skeletal Eromancer
Could be simple exhaustion or fatigue. Have you increased your WPM recently? Has your diet or stress level changed?

It could also be a self-fulfilling prophecy. You noticed a mistake and focused on it enough to make it more likely to reoccur than not with rationalizations like "I've been making this mistake so often, something must be wrong with me." Your brain can work against you like that.

Renaxan

Enthusiastic about a lot of things.
For me, it happen a lot when I forced myself to write.
Don't force yourself to write. Take a rest when you need one. :blob_cookie:

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Now, I have always been doing typos. Writing 'you' as 'tou', 'have' as 'habe' arefew common ones. Oh, and that too, I often miss a soace between two words. And I also write 'space' as 'soace'.

But lately, my typos have been weird, I have been writing "there' as 'their', 'ear' as 'year', 'right' as 'write' and 'know' as 'no'.

Relearn your typing pattern.

Agentt

Thighs
Could be simple exhaustion or fatigue. Have you increased your WPM recently? Has your diet or stress level changed?

It could also be a self-fulfilling prophecy. You noticed a mistake and focused on it enough to make it more likely to reoccur than not with rationalizations like "I've been making this mistake so often, something must be wrong with me." Your brain can work against you like that.
For me, it happen a lot when I forced myself to write.
Don't force yourself to write. Take a rest when you need one. :blob_cookie:
Rather than being fatigued, I actually am trying to come back from almost half an year worth of hiatus

HappyVainGlory

Ahaha, I make those typos a lot too.

For me, it's because I conceptually write line by line, kind of like transcribing a manuscript I play back in my head at the time. Because of that, I frequently end up typing words that sound close enough or skipping words that I thought I typed because I heard them in my head rather than actually typed them.

I personally would say that it's a cognitive change towards being a proper writer since it means you've mastered grammar enough to where your brain knows what it wants to put there, but it just has a brain fart since you're thinking about other stuff and puts the closest thing it can.

Agentt

Thighs
Ahaha, I make those typos a lot too.

For me, it's because I conceptually write line by line, kind of like transcribing a manuscript I play back in my head at the time. Because of that, I frequently end up typing words that sound close enough or skipping words that I thought I typed because I heard them in my head rather than actually typed them.

I personally would say that it's a cognitive change towards being a proper writer since it means you've mastered grammar enough to where your brain knows what it wants to put there, but it just has a brain fart since you're thinking about other stuff and puts the closest thing it can.
Oh, so I have gotten better by getting worse?

HappyVainGlory

Oh, so I have gotten better by getting worse?
Probably? Most times when jumping to a next level, you tend to see your skills as plateauing or declining before suddenly leaping in quality (at least if I'm remembering my psychology of skill mastery correctly) so I would say yes.

And you might as well tell yourself that to make it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Topgun1908

I've always made a bunch of dumb typos like that because when I learned how to type I was taught to prioritize speed over accuracy. So now I'm stuck with a typing habit that makes me have to check over my chapters 2-3 times before I can be confident that I managed to fix all the mistakes that my autocorrect didn't catch.

I swap ' be' and 'me', and also 'by' and 'my' frequently, i don't know why...

I think some wires were crossed when i was learning touch typing.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

Don't do typos, typo babies are bad for business.

As for typos, did you buy a new hardware recently? Ai-chan noticed that whenever Ai-chan bought now phones or keyboard, the typo count increased. In the case of phones, it's likely because Ai-chan wasn't used to the size of the phone and the keyboard. As for the pc keyboard, it was because the keyboard was pretty stiff due to its design. With a laptop, Ai-chan didn't need to press hard and could just glide Ai-chan's graceful fingers on the keyboard like yuri on icing.

Agentt

Thighs
Don't do typos, typo babies are bad for business.

As for typos, did you buy a new hardware recently? Ai-chan noticed that whenever Ai-chan bought now phones or keyboard, the typo count increased. In the case of phones, it's likely because Ai-chan wasn't used to the size of the phone and the keyboard. As for the pc keyboard, it was because the keyboard was pretty stiff due to its design. With a laptop, Ai-chan didn't need to press hard and could just glide Ai-chan's graceful fingers on the keyboard like yuri on icing.
I didn't change my hardware, but rather typing too much for work injured my finger tips, so I had to resort to typing with thumbs or middle finger or pinkies

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
I didn't change my hardware, but rather typing too much for work injured my finger tips, so I had to resort to typing with thumbs or middle finger or pinkies
Then it's similar. It's the result of changing your routines. As you get used to your new way of working, the mistakes will decrease.

It will decrease slowly, but by the time the world ends you won't even notice it.

Agentt

Thighs
Then it's similar. It's the result of changing your routines. As you get used to your new way of working, the mistakes will decrease.

It will decrease slowly, but by the time the world ends you won't even notice it.
I'm an impatient man....
*chews stinging fingertips*

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus

Someone has been hitting the nose candy to hard.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
*pats*
Back when I was new on SH, I used to be online for like 14 hours a day, and boy, did me and a few others would spook others by stalking. That was so fun
But seriously the Coke is a serious problem. You might want to get that checked out.