Learning from the Experienced!

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Our life is a fairy tale, all written in a book - all cliches and common patterns in life, written to be read and learned so we don’t make mistakes in the future. It is, in fact, what history books are made of. We don’t just learn the events of the past, but also learn a strategy to avoid the past from happening again.

Books are like a box, and inside are hard work, effort, deep emotions that attach to us, and subtle polysemy words conveying different meanings written by the professionals, waiting to be revealed so we can learn of them. In short, books are like a muse to us - our guiding light - the one lending us the power of creativity.

For example, Amagi Brilliant Park is an absolute masterpiece - a marvelous art of story written by Shoji Gatoh, the creator of the Full Metal Panic! franchise, basically, a professional through-and-through. However, it's completely underrated, and little would mostly know its real worth - but Amagi Brilliant Park is where I learned the importance of characters and their development, not making dull nor very fast pacing, and completely making every action of the story have its importance.

In addition, Octopath Traveler, the sequel of the Bravely Default series has one of the best compelling stories, banger ost's, and fascinating combat mechanics that all-in-one made Octopath Traveler a popular JRPG in 2018 - not only do we learn from eight character's perspective but we also learn that even the righteous become evil when one with great power (such as a princess) tries to portray that person as evil and the evil being righteous because they do evil actions in order to save humankind and protect what's important to them. Moreover, it also conveys that you can't face your obstacle alone and that you need to believe in yourself and your friends in order to change fate.

Also, The Devil on G-string is a heavy story-driven visual novel that completely minds-blown everyone with top-notch plot twists and mystifying mysteries that's the answer is not what you seem to expect. It creates a baffling revelation, and portray different implication that connects to each route like Monogatari while creating an obvious elementary that's actually not obvious. One would expect the greatest for The Devil on G-string, and it won't disappoint. After finishing it, I learned of ways to pull readers and completely make them attach to the screen and keep on reading my story while having to exaggerate plot twists in order to blow my reader's mind.

In any case, what books, video games, and anime do you recommend that proved significant assistance from your writing?

(actually, learning from professionals goes way back... a mentality-based curve where you could sink or swim... don't wanna learn anymore ( ͡❛ ͜ʖ ͡❛)✌)
it's from the multi work series.png

Reisinling

Also, The Devil on G-string is a heavy story-driven visual novel that completely minds-blown everyone with top-notch plot twists and mystifying mysteries that's the answer is not what you seem to expect. It creates a baffling revelation, and portray different implication that connects to each route like Monogatari while creating an obvious elementary that's actually not obvious. One would expect the greatest for The Devil on G-string, and it won't disappoint. After finishing it, I learned of ways to pull readers and completely make them attach to the screen and keep on reading my story while having to exaggerate plot twists in order to blow my reader's mind.

I remember playing this quite a long time ago, and enjoying it.. but man, I only have vague recollection of the plot twist. And that I liked the white-haired girl surprisingly much. Can't really say I agree with the masterpiece rating, but If you have free time, it was an enjoyable read.

Since we are on typically anime plot... how about "koi kaze"? Onii chan. I liked most works by the author, his newest one seems to be his best one yet.. possibly. At least artistically.

Naoki Urasawa's Pluto is great. A bit too cute on the "Atom" boy, but man. I liked all works by the author again!

Out of the books that I've read that I've been thinking back on the most recently, I guess "Golem XIV" by staislaw Lem?

From visual novels.. I liked "Sekien no Inganock" and "Shikkoku no Sharnoth" from the same developers as maou?

Last edited:

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
I remember playing this quite a long time ago, and enjoying it.. but man, I only have vague recollection of the plot twist. And that I liked the white-haired girl surprisingly much. Can't really say I agree with the masterpiece rating, but If you have free time, it was an enjoyable read.

Since we are on typically anime plot... how about "koi kaze"? Onii chan. I liked most works by the author, his newest one seems to be his best one yet.. possibly. At least artistically.

Naoki Urasawa's Pluto is great. A bit too cute on the "Atom" boy, but man. I liked all works by the author again!

Out of the books that I've read that I've been thinking back on the most recently, I guess "Golem XIV" by staislaw Lem?

From visual novels.. I liked "Sekien no Inganock" and "Shikkoku no Sharnoth" from the same developers as maou?
I can agree, as most of them do come as a childhood nostalgia - and is pretty old too. However, due to the fact that it has been a long time, I can't really say much about these titles. And about visual novels, I'd prefer Steins;Gate, Little Busters!, The Devil on G-string, and Majikoi - they're pretty popular back in the old days.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
"Time Enough For Love" and related stories by Robert Heinlein helped me to overcome my fear of backlash for writing about my own desires. Heinlein and I are on the same page about a few things, but we're on different pages about other things. Knowing that he would go out on a limb like that helped me feel more confident taking risks.