Learnt new words

Agentt

Thighs
Learnt two new words.
Impudent and Conscientious.....

I am angry at both the words for existing.

Like...why?
Why do these exist?!

We already have a word called Imprudent. Why did they just remove one letter from it and call it a DAY!

AND WHY IS CONSCIENTIOUS SO LONG! I AM GETTING FLASHBACKS TO MEMORIZING THE SPELLING OF MENUOVER MANUVER MENEUVER MANEUVER.

AND WHY THE HELL DOES UK SPELL IT AS MANOEUVRE!

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
I believe that since I found this thread by happenstance, I must state my observation regarding the matters it is discussing. I believe that the words conscientious and impudent are fine members of the English vocabulary. Their existence is completely justified. But I do agree with you regarding the word maneuver. That word is a bitch.

Agentt

Thighs
Wlonk is a word of you wanted to know.
*googles*
Mmmmmm...is it a slang word or an insult sort of thing? Because i can't imagine nobility calling themselves that. I imagine it's like how police were called peelers back in the day.

Greyman

Learnt two new words.
Impudent and Conscientious.....

I am angry at both the words for existing.

Like...why?
Why do these exist?!

We already have a word called Imprudent. Why did they just remove one letter from it and call it a DAY!

AND WHY IS CONSCIENTIOUS SO LONG! I AM GETTING FLASHBACKS TO MEMORIZING THE SPELLING OF MENUOVER MANUVER MENEUVER MANEUVER.

AND WHY THE HELL DOES UK SPELL IT AS MANOEUVRE!
I personally hate "obnoxious". Every word with a "x" in the middle make me want to declare war.
There is a french word for slapping someone with his d*ck ಠ ͜ʖ ಠ(my second language)

Last edited:

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
The former headmaster of my son's school liked using the word 'discombobulated' in his newsletters, in an area where people are so inbred they barely have any chins and certainly can't spell their own stupid names let alone know what that word means. I refuse to learn the meaning of it.

Jemini

Like...why?
Why do these exist?!

Err... because the actual meanings of the words are different?

Yes, I suppose it's a little confusing that they have such a similar spelling, but impudent is primarily used for insults against authority while imprudent is more about unwise action, usually in a manner that would have you perceived as having loose sexual boundaries.

(In other words, the word "imprudent" can be a nice way of calling someone a slut, while "impudent" is a stuck-up snob's way of calling someone a jack-ass.)