Lets Make Some Culture! Part 1

DaoFox

『Silkmaid』『Queen Sylvia Glasscrest of Arya』
oh, I made the superstitions assuming the technology/medical knowledge is not advanced. I assumed by satellites you mean moon and stuff. Myths are kinda a warning of not yet scientifically explained things, so I made it based on that. Unexplained medical conditions may also lead to more superstitions like autistic children are thought to be "kidnapped and replaced by fairies" or something (not my nation's myth i just read it somewhere) because they act differently than normal people.
But if your story is modern and realistic, no need to change it to fantasy. it feels like i'm derailing you if you do that
edit: no double posting

i'm adding pics of the natural phenomenon i mentioned which become my base of the myth creations.
a year of drought erased by a day of rain-translated from my country's idiom. it actually means a long good deed ruined by a short bad deed. wiki link
exploding whales

RAIN IN DESERT CAN CAUSE DEATH, I WAS WRONG. it depends on how dry your world's desert is, rain can bring life or death.
penguins chicks freezing to death because of rain
the world is a fantasy and has divine presence that hold up large portions of the worlds natural order. as such the north and south regions that on earth would be absolutely inhospitable, can bear life of sorts (though non-human in race and origin). mana (or rather its equivalent) and magic will exist in a myriad of forms, so some things that are superstitious may turn out to be more true than the uneducated may assume. part of the worlds lore will involve certain key phenomena that only a select few are capable of seeing and interpreting.

so its more medieval than post-modern, but still more advanced than a real-world medieval theme, assume that the presence of magic and abilities and real gods has allowed for certain fields to be developed well before their time, even though their isn't a system in place that led to a structured and ordered classification and discovery of them.

beasts of burden will fill in for things like lorries and ferries to move heavy goods, so in places where they are present and abundant will see a much stronger economic growth than in places without them.

Plus, moving earth is too much fun to pass up, the north has landsharks, so why not possibly something big enough to cause waves instead of ripples in the surface xD lets hold off on exploding animals though haha

Reactions: tak