LF Harem Stories with actual Romance & without sad Stuff

Nebelwaechter

Hey there,

I'm looking for harem stories (novel or manga) with actual poly-romance and nothing significantly sad.

So i would really love to have actual romance, characters that really care for each other and love each other and so on, not just fucking around. Modern settings are great, but fantasy or cultivation settings etc. are totally fine as well.

On the other hand i try to avoid sad and dark stuff... rejected/crying girls, slavery, rape, death or main characters or potential harem members etc.

---btw. "self promotion" is totally fine, but please try to avoid non-fitting genres and have 150k+ words (75+ chapters)---

Original novels i've already read and enjoyed:
  • Stealing Spree (amazing fluffy romance after a tough start)
  • Incubus System
  • Endless Path: Infinite Cosmos (its good, but for me personally, it was sometimes little to sad)
  • Spirit cultivation (& AHW)
Here on Scribble Hub i'm reading:
  • I woke up as a mob from a harem anime one day. I was always jealous of the main...
  • RE:Born – Necro (hoping that it won't turn dark :x )
I heard that "Yuri", "gender bender" or "monster mc" is quite common here and i don't really mind it if the "restrictions" above still apply... if its fluffy harem romance without sad stuff, i'm willing to try everything ^^ tried even reverse harem and Yaoi settings after a friend of mind recommended those, but really couldn't into those tbh.

So if anyone would have some good, fitting recommendations, i would be really really grateful =D

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Forgive me if it's not exactly what you're looking for, but I did enjoy this one. The three main characters are in an open relationship with each other, but there's a little bit of drama because of the plot. It all works out to make a rather fluffy story though, with everything ending up as well as it can.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Pick mine! Pick mine!
My link is in my signature!
I'm also an actual polyamorous person. I have a husband and two boyfriends, three if you count the one who died in 2015. I am waiting for my boyfriends to get the vaccine so I can see them in person again. We sent them pictures from my husband's phone after I gave birth because my phone is just a flip phone and doesn't get reception at the hospital. Husband and I were talking on the phone to one of my boyfriends the other day trying to convince him to get shot, but he has "concerns" over the safety of the vaccine.

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
If you are up for some happy adventure with a lot of fluff and chill then you can check the second link in my signature. The only "sad" stuff is related to an animal/beast at the very beginning and is pretty much the only moment in the whole planned story with anything like it. Besides that, it's just a cutesy exploration and search for the past with the MC looking around to learn more about his beginnings while accompanied by his lovely companions (yes, girls, hah). The harem comes slowly, with only like one girl per volume or two (30 chapters per book, avg. 3-4k words each), but it's all nice and happy with great focus on character development. Something chill to read to relax and to get diabetes (as many readers tell me).

And well, the first one is a harem in the core too, focusing even more on characters and their stories, where the main cast is like very dedicated only to the MC, but as the title suggest, there are also relationships without feelings present, purely carnal. Although, you should read the full synopsis and the introductory chapter to see if it even is in your area. It really isn't exactly what the title would suggest, but at the same time, not everyone can enjoy it, even if it's written for a story and lore more than for the erotic parts.

Nebelwaechter

First of all: Thanks so much for all those recommendations after such a short time, i'm really grateful to all of you =D

Hey @Nanakawaichan =D well, since you only give us 4 chapters each week (of tis) i have to search for other novels to read ^^ When i started reading, i only read Japanese translations... then i got annoyed by most jp mc's so i tried Chinese (often quite sexist/racists) and Korean (often only focus on work, no fluff)... so some when i ended up with originals on webnovel. But i've read everything fitting (that i've found) there and honestly, i'm not the biggest fan of the site itself, so i wanted to try others... like this here =D

@Saileri I think i saw your first novel somewhere, but as you already suspected... the brothel theme really isn't my cup of tee, sorry :x Prostitution just really isn't up my alley :/ Its less awful then those slavery and/or rape tags, but... somehow its in the same direction and i just wanna think/read about it :x
Your second novel sounds quite interesting tho. May i maybe ask for a little spoiler regarding the sad stuff at the start? But even without it, i should be fine with a slightly "dark" start if the rest is fluff ^^ I will put it on my reading list, not sure when i'll start it tho, since it "only" has 65 chapters right now and slightly slow upload speed since its your second novel :x

@Cipiteca396 thanks. It actually sounds quite interesting and the reviews are... amazing xD but as you said, i don't know if its what i'm looking for :x also its really short with those 34 chapters... don't know, i'm just mostly used to novels with hundreds of chapters that can keep me entertained for days and weeks :x i may still give it a try when i'm on another train-trip and don't have anything else to read ^^

@K5Rakitan oh wow, thats really interesting! We had a poly "couple" of 3 girls in my microbiology course at uni and after 3 years they are still together ^^ I wish you good luck with your child and those 3 guys =D oh, and regarding the one worrying about the vaccine... i studied pharmaceutical biotechnology... if he really has some reasonable worries about the vaccination, i may could answer him some question/worries he has. On the other hand i may be the "bad party" from the "evil pharmacy" soo... not sure if thats helpful xD
About your novel; as i said, i tried some reverse harem (and yaoi) settings, but really couldn't get into it... i just dislike sooo many "male character stereotypes", that i start hating most of the cast in nearly every setting i tried... and even in those were i didn't start hating the males, i just couldn't really get into it at the end, i'm sorry :x

So after all I'm still looking for more recommendations :x (btw. i never can have enough anyway... i can easily read up to 100 chapters a day when i'm in the mood xD ) If you have any, i still would be very happy about every single novel i could try =D

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
With that, the best I can do is say "Try using the series finder with the Girl's Love AND Romance genres, plus the polygamy tag." https://www.scribblehub.com/series-...and&tgi=659&mtgi=or&sort=pageviews&order=desc

The Girl's Love is because you didn't like the male stereotypes, which will be Very prevalent in anything with a guy in it that's marked with Harem tags. It's just too easy for authors to treat their love interests as pawns. Even if there is a male in the relationship, having the other members of the relationship love each other should help reduce that sort of problem.

Nebelwaechter

@Cipiteca396 Actually i mainly read "normal" harems with male mc's. I just try to avoid those guys that treat girls like objects... but there are some really caring mc's in harem settings. Not every harem protagonist is super-dense-japanese or "toxic-alpha-male" ^^
And regarding the series finder... i tried to use those a lot... i remember having like 150 tabs open of potential fitting search result when i used it on novelsupdates... out of those i found 3 that i actually tried after reading the reviews. And even then, one of them had a super sad part and i was really depressed over it :x
Soo, yeah... as long as there isn't an option to filter out sad stuff and some other things, i probably have to continue relying on recommendations :x

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
Judging by the volume of the works you are looking for, I think it might be easier to just search for the largest written harems and pick and choose from these. There aren't that many that are 200-300k words and more.

Even mine - while it has many things you are looking for. My story isn't only fluff, nor it is remotely dark - but judging for your chapter amount and posting requirements I know I won't fit your criteria.

Echimera

Mainly GL-Harems here:
The Hidden World keeps the poly aspect (and romance in general) a bit low and sadly drops a few story threads at the end, but it was an enjoyable read.

Lets Explore and Enjoy might be interesting, but it has tree main characters that have yet to meet and so far covers about a weak in universe time (though especially with the Zaria chapters, a lot of stuff happens in these few days). I also like the spinoffs Department of Otherworldly Crime and Zaria as The Maid, and DoOC is definitely gearing up towards a harem, but all three stories update rather slowly, so maybe it's more of a case of bookmarking them for later (I can't even be mad at the spinoffs for taking attention from the main story).

Natasha the Halve is going for a Yuri-polycule (futa MC), but still relatively short (and relatively heavy on the smut). But it's updating with two chapters a weak so far, so it might be worth keeping track of for the future.

I also like Isekai’d Shoggoth, though I will admit that especially the early chapters can be a bit of a hard read and the author has a tendency to forget to add 'the' half the time.

Superhuman Princess might be worth a shot, if you don't mind morally ambiguous characters. Don't let the low chapter count fool you, they are among the longest chapters I know.
If fanfiction is OK, The Raptor of Life from the same author might be worth a shot, but again, morally ambiguous characters all around (then again, if you know just how hard the universe you end up in will f*** you over if you let it, eliminating threats with extreme prejudice might be a good idea).
Goddess of Ice; Reborn as Naruto’s twin sister goes for a lot of comedy

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
@K5Rakitan oh wow, thats really interesting! We had a poly "couple" of 3 girls in my microbiology course at uni and after 3 years they are still together ^^ I wish you good luck with your child and those 3 guys =D oh, and regarding the one worrying about the vaccine... i studied pharmaceutical biotechnology... if he really has some reasonable worries about the vaccination, i may could answer him some question/worries he has. On the other hand i may be the "bad party" from the "evil pharmacy" soo... not sure if thats helpful xD
About your novel; as i said, i tried some reverse harem (and yaoi) settings, but really couldn't get into it... i just dislike sooo many "male character stereotypes", that i start hating most of the cast in nearly every setting i tried... and even in those were i didn't start hating the males, i just couldn't really get into it at the end, i'm sorry :x
Thanky! Yeah, he probably would take you as the "bad party" from the "evil pharmacy." I'm currently collecting anecdotes so I can tell him that X number of friends got shot, don't regret it, and don't know anybody who regrets it. Can I add you to the count?

But did you actually try mine, or are you passing over it just based on how I use "reverse harem" to describe it? Is "reverse harem" your personal version of the "bad party" from the "evil pharmacy"?

Nanakawaichan

Hey @Nanakawaichan =D well, since you only give us 4 chapters each week (of tis) i have to search for other novels to read ^^ When i started reading, i only read Japanese translations... then i got annoyed by most jp mc's so i tried Chinese (often quite sexist/racists) and Korean (often only focus on work, no fluff)... so some when i ended up with originals on webnovel. But i've read everything fitting (that i've found) there and honestly, i'm not the biggest fan of the site itself, so i wanted to try others... like this here =D
My fingers haven't turned into tentacles yet. So... I still write like a snail 😥

Saileri

Well, those with hundreds of chapters either have 1-2k words per chapter (which in my case is 6-7k per BIAW and 3-4k, sometimes 5k per TWS) or are posted for a few years already (mine are 11 months old and around 6 months old). I just prefer longer chapters as my stuff is often packed with content and I hate splitting it. One novel is 350k public words and the other one is 200k at this moment, not counting 10-15 chapters ahead on Patreon ofc.

Anyway, as for the little spoiler:
Main character is a summoner and in the beginning sequence, as the synopsis states, he gets into big trouble, and unfortunately, his summoned beast, which is a small rabbit, loses its life when it takes a hit for him. Stuff happens and the first heroine of the story saves the day.

Nebelwaechter

Hey, sorry for the late reply. When writing my last message here yesterday, it was already 2:30 am here and i just fall asleep shortly after :x

@Snusmumriken maybe i have to lower my expectations about novel length :x I've read mostly Japanese/Chinese novels for a long time and especially Chinese novels are just insanely long (up to several thousand chapters sometimes xD), so i kinda got used to it. On Webnovel i also stuck with novels that are over 200k words since luckily there are quite many of those. I'm honestly not really into short stories since i think there just isn't enough time that i really can "get lost" in those, but maybe i still can lower my expectations a little to find things in between those extremes ^^

@Saileri Sorry if i had wrong expectations here. I kinda run with the "around 2.0-2.5k words/chapter" thing, since most novels" I've seen so far stick with something in this range. But if the novel has already 200k words, i won't say a thing =D That's already plenty to read for me ^^
And thanks for taking the time with the spoiler. I think i won't have a problem with that at all, so i'll definitely gonna give it a shot soon, thanks! =D

@K5Rakitan well, i thought so. Arg, i really don't get most of those conspiracy theories/guys in general (not just about vaccine).
And no, i didn't tried yours jet. Atm. i just don't wanna try something with several male characters again since i didn't enjoyed those in the past and right now i'm just not in the mood to try that "field" again. But i may do so later, when i'm in a better mood ^^

@Echimera Thanks for that long list! Fan Fiction is totally fine, i just try to avoid ff of "western" stories (e.g. stuff like Harry Potter etc.) ^^ I think i'm most interested in "Isekai’d Shoggoth" and "The Hidden World".
Shoggoth sounds like a easy going, enjoyable read. I've saw some reviews complaining about the passing of the story/conflicts etc. but i don't think i would be bothered by it.
I kinda feared, that "The Hidden World" may be quite serious and sad after reading the synopsis. But after reading the reviews i guess that's just my imagination ^^

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
That’s a had one, maybe tarzan

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
Well, Don't forget that there are also authors who intentionally try to keep their stories 'short'. Which doesn't make them short stories as a short story is much much less in terms of word count.

When I sat down to write, my target was always 100k-120k words. I am definitely gonna go past that, but that is on me not writing concisely enough. Meandering too much without getting to the point. I still have plenty of ideas to write and a story to continue, but they will be simply made into the next book.

Nebelwaechter

Hey,
In the meantime i finished reading "Rise of the weakest Summoner" @Saileri . The main romance was really really fluffy and i enjoyed it a lot... maybe even more since i liked the female lead quite a lot ^^ But on the other hand, with 60 chapters its hard to say much more about story or Harem development. What i could read so far, everything sounds quite promising, but it could go in soo many different directions... :x
The start was really sad, but you warned me (and i'm really great full for it ^^) but i also felt quite bad about the "unnamed healer" girl getting killed in the dungeon... this whole situation was... meh... i guess i know in what direction you wanted to go with it, but i just felt bad for the girl and bit repelled by how they started kissing after they let her die instead of saving her...
And the second thing i just personally wished different... don't know, i kinda felt bad for his "mother"... adopting a child at age 15... thats really tough... and i kinda hoped after that there would be a chance that she would end up with him as well... but i saw that you don't like that idea at all so :x miep

@Snusmumriken yeah i know, but those stories often only focus on "one thing" then. Be it one relationship, one big story ark or whatever, they almost every time have a very structured plan on what they want to cover and they "only" cover that. Its hard to find actual good harem romance in them, just because it takes a lot of time to make a harem setting "good" (focus on several girls resulting in even more interactions and relationships that need to develop etc.). Its just often not that what i'm personally looking for :x
Btw. by far not saying that they are bad, they are often more structured and have better pacing since they don't get "lost" in unnecessary stuff etc. But its just not what i'm looking for :x

Saileri

@Nebelwaechter It's not that I don't like that idea but it just doesn't fit Kindra's personality, which is explored much more further in the story. If you keep reading, you'll learn much more about her and the situation where she picked him up. It's already covered in the chapters ahead. This is just not the raise your groom type of story and putting it there forcefully would conflict with a lot of other elements.

Nebelwaechter

@Saileri yeah, as i said that part is just something very subjective :x i just feel kinda bad for her, sacrificing so much of her life at such a young age, that i just kinda wished it would result into "more" then "just" an adopted child :x but i kinda tent do see relationships in novels way more in a direction of: "getting a family/always stay together/never get separated/fluffy romance and cuddles etc." instead of a sexual component, so from my point of view it would have fit with her personality (as far as its already covered in the novel) :x but again, thats something i just would have wished for, nothing i would really criticise you for. Other then the healer thingy that i really just disliked :x

@Snusmumriken thanks and yeah, i agree. I always try to separate my personal point of view from an "supposedly objective" view, especially since i dislike many "serious/sad/dark" themes in novels that others may like. Its quite apparent when i'm writing reviews as well xD i mention those things i dislike, but i try to don't rate them based on that. So often my public review has quite a different rating then it has on my personal list, since on the later i just rate how much i personally "enjoyed" reading the story, instead of rating how good its written etc. xD

btw. atm i only have one other novel that i plan to read immediately; "Isekai’d Shoggoth" recommended by Echimera, so i still would be very happy and grateful for every fitting recommendation =D