Recommendations LGBT romance (m/m & m/nb & m/trans) (BL???)

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
:blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie: Heyo heyo! I'd love to hear recs for any kind of m-slash fiction, although preferably avoiding BL/yaoi styles.

Basically you could say that I'm looking for lgbt fiction without it necessarily sinking into the yaoi uke/seme/gong/shou tropes.

Also really like trans-spectrum characters (either transmale or transfemale or nonbinary) in the pairing too, so that's an extra plus.

Preference for fantasy settings because imo it's not that hard to find modern-day fiction (and fanfiction) out there.

EDIT: To avoid misunderstanding, I'm fine with straight transfemale (any kind of lgbt protagonist) x male romance too

Last edited:

Owl

Squint Sooooo you just want to avoid the usual tropes? Then I guess I could suggest my own story :blob_whistle: I should be doing something right in avoiding tropes according to my readers. here it is!

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Squint Sooooo you just want to avoid the usual tropes? Then I guess I could suggest my own story :blob_whistle: I should be doing something right in avoiding tropes according to my readers. here it is!
:blob_aww: Thanks!

bjwebb

Taxouck

It isn’t gay if one of the characters in the pairing is a trans woman, since trans women aren’t men... or did you mean you’re looking for mlm content but wouldn’t mind straight content if the woman is trans?

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
It isn’t gay if one of the characters in the pairing is a trans woman, since trans women aren’t men... or did you mean you’re looking for mlm content but wouldn’t mind straight content if the woman is trans?
Yup! That's what I meant!

Honestly I'm looking for something where the main love interest is male.

The protagonist matters to me much less, although cisfemale het romance has a different atmosphere to me than LGBT romance.

I invite you to take a look at my own book, Twisted Magic. It's m/m, but absolutely not tropey in the BL way. It's fantasy-romance, with a touch of horror. https://www.scribblehub.com/series/81372/twisted-magic/

My other series, Serpent's Kiss, has m/m as well as m/m/f and f/f in it. As the series goes on, there will be trans and nonbinary characters, although none of them are romantic interests in book 1. https://www.scribblehub.com/series/81365/serpents-kiss/
I recommend my novel. She is an ABO. I don't know about fitting into the trope yaoi seme or uke. I am trying to work in a different way with this ABO style.
Thank you for the recs! :blob_aww:

Taxouck

Yeah, I’ve probably read too much into your wording because of some eyebrow raising choices of word. Sorry! If I find any trans or mlm romance I’ll send it your way.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Yeah, I’ve probably read too much into your wording because of some eyebrow raising choices of word. Sorry! If I find any trans or mlm romance I’ll send it your way.
It's my bad! I was imprecise! >.< Honestly any kind of lgbt characters are nice to read.

Tbh I was specifically thinking of enby and transmale before transfemale, but it's probably natural to think of transwomen since it's a lot more common...

Silvareiel

Hi there ^_^ I want to recommend you my novel as well. It's mainly a Fantasy/Action/Romance novel, with a slow mxm romance. Don't know if it's within what you're looking for but, oh well, just take a peek! :s_wink:

RyuTar YinYuan

nani

This does not really fit your requirements but I just have to recommended this. It's not a book but a tv series, lol. I've recently watched 2gether The Series. It's a Thai BL tv series. It's not cringy at all. To be honest, I'm not fan of yaoi. But I really like this one.

It doesn't have fantasy elements.

If I will recommend a novel though, Reborn as my Love Rival's Wife. You can look it up on NU. The MC is a male reborn on a female body. Ye boi. It's the best that I've read that deals with the thought of falling in love with the "same sex". The MC is a straight guy before being reborn.